The Arbroath Thread

2 hours ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Just seen Cove Rangers are £750k in debt as of Nov 2022.

Not surprised by that

Fucking insane what they’re doing in going full-time in the 3rd tier. Falkirk struggle at that level and they’re relatively massive compared to Cove.

Now, I’m all for ambition and definitely think we should at least be thinking about full-time in future but for Cove, at the moment, it is utter madness.

I live in Aberdeen and Cove have, literally, no more than 350-400 fans. There is no way it’s sustainable and this stupid vanity project could very realistically see them doing a Gretna. If I was a Cove fan, I’d be very, very worried. Even if they get back into the championship next season they simply can’t sustain full-time football without this single benefactor - Brookes Mileson anyone??? 

5 hours ago, JoseMarooniho said:

Unreliable I know but Hylton’s YouTube clips suggest this could be a laugh. In a good way. 

Aye watched a lot of him since the Dundee trialist game. Obviously just small clips but he seems rapid and clever with the ball. I remember him at Motherwell, there was also that League Cup game. Motherwell fans on their thread saying they liked him and thought he was decent 

Guy is only 31 and played a lot of his career at a good level. I’m glad we now have 2 pacey wingers in the squad. Very one paced last year 

7 hours ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Just seen Cove Rangers are £750k in debt as of Nov 2022.

Not surprised by that

Where did you see that? Suppose for all that we discuss Full Time / Part Time etc it is reassuring to know we are in a very good place financially for the next however many years while alot of teams struggle. 

And yeah agree with you @Tattie36- feels like they think the better prize money and crowds in the Championship would soften the blow somewhat and that Full Time would be the way to give that the best chance of happening - maybe. Who knows. But yeah it’s a weird one - half feel like they just cannot take not being very good because they’ve had so much success at a lower level too and maybe had visions of doing a Ross County or something. 

5 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

Fucking insane what they’re doing in going full-time in the 3rd tier. Falkirk struggle at that level and they’re relatively massive compared to Cove.

Now, I’m all for ambition and definitely think we should at least be thinking about full-time in future but for Cove, at the moment, it is utter madness.

I live in Aberdeen and Cove have, literally, no more than 350-400 fans. There is no way it’s sustainable and this stupid vanity project could very realistically see them doing a Gretna. If I was a Cove fan, I’d be very, very worried. Even if they get back into the championship next season they simply can’t sustain full-time football without this single benefactor - Brookes Mileson anyone??? 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

8 hours ago, Fitbafan36 said:

Going on the set up of the team i would like to see us stick 2 up top or properly go 3 in midfield. This “number 10” role doesn’t work or suit us at all. Nothing against Mikey or Scott Allan etc. I just think with our style of play skips it out completely. Go 2 up and try and give them something to think about or go 3 in Centre midfield to solidify it and cover defence and so the wingers can push up. 

McKenna scored mainly all his goals and won leagues poty playing the 10 behind nouble 

Mikey also kind of hybrids inbetween being up alongside the striker and back helping the midfield too cause the man’s an absolute machine. Love him

Today with him out - think Steele is back - would like to see 

Gaston 

Stewart 

Steele

Little

Gold

Balde 

Slater 

Stowe 

Dow

Hylton

Bird 

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

So how’s everyone feeling about today 

Think we’ll score but (unsurprisingly) really worried about how our defence will cope. No matter what anyone thinks of Hester and McAllister, they are both natural goalscorers and could have a field day against our makeshift defence.

Excited to see how combinations of Bird/Hylton/Stowe/McIntosh works.

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Mikey also kind of hybrids inbetween being up alongside the striker and back helping the midfield too cause the man’s an absolute machine. Love him

Today with him out - think Steele is back - would like to see 

Gaston 

Stewart 

Steele

Little

Gold

Balde 

Slater 

Stowe 

Dow

Hylton

Bird 

This is something close to what everyone would like to see, but I don't see why he will suddenly move Stewart from Left Back, I think there will be changes though and all of the subs from Tuesday will start 

Big game today against our local rivals, win today and the cup games will be forgotten about and we’ll be looking forward to the league start v united, loose and more questions will get asked about players and management, we’ll be dreading playing united and most importantly the gloat from montrose fans will be insufferable.

I think on paper we have a decent team, we obviously still need a left back which I believe will be sorted before united and ideally i would be trying to get a ball winning midfielder in and try to move jacobs on but i think that’s unlikely.

6 minutes ago, afc_36_0 said:

Big game today against our local rivals, win today and the cup games will be forgotten about and we’ll be looking forward to the league start v united, loose and more questions will get asked about players and management, we’ll be dreading playing united and most importantly the gloat from montrose fans will be insufferable.

I think on paper we have a decent team, we obviously still need a left back which I believe will be sorted before united and ideally i would be trying to get a ball winning midfielder in and try to move jacobs on but i think that’s unlikely.

Aye agree with all of that. Think we will be stretched in defence again but hopefully everyone back for United. Even if Tam isn’t and a left back is in Stewart is a good right back stop gap (for me) 

Seen how much it meant to the Forfar fans getting one over us - years and years worth of built up jealousy reeking out of them - sure Montrose will be the same