The Arbroath Thread

2 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

Another 4 changes, give the team time to gel instead of this chopping and changing, it's ridiculous, give the team time to gel, 

Gold was man on the match last week on centre mid, is he getting moved onto wing or is Mckenna being asked to play out of position again, 

I agree - I don’t want to say it but I’m actually pretty pissed off at that line up - I really hope I have egg on my face afterwards but what’s the thinking here? 

Plenty of decent players in that team and I think they could be capable of getting a result but to change it so much after last week is baffling - in my opinion 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Magic result, don’t think any of us could have predicted such a comprehensive victory today.

Got to back it up with a win over a faltering Ayr United next week though. Too many times last season a good away result was followed by a shocker.

Superb.

Honestly didn't see that result coming today but thank feck we are off and running. Hopefully get a big boost in the players confidence and we can start moving forward.

Nice team selection DC 😃

C'mon the smokies

2 hours ago, afc_36_0 said:

Team was fine last week, stowe was the only one i thought might get swapped but he needs to stop fucking about with the starting 11 every week

As I was saying earlier team selection was spot on 🤥 Great result and thank f**k for morton in the last year or so. 

I didn’t expect to win 3-0 comfortably but last weeks performance definitely gave me hope - if we’d won that 1-0 I think everyone would’ve been really pleased at how we played. A noticeable difference in terms of the basics, we looked up to speed last week and ready to compete 

Two winnable home games now - both will be tough 

Funny reading the Morton forum and have them all say that Arbroath were the team playing football and that they were the team playing hoofball 

How the hell have we managed to ‘play football’ without a wee chubby ex Celtic player playing in the team? How is that possible? Mind boggling

12 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Funny reading the Morton forum and have them all say that Arbroath were the team playing football and that they were the team playing hoofball 

How the hell have we managed to ‘play football’ without a wee chubby ex Celtic player playing in the team? How is that possible? Mind boggling

Because  Turan started   😉