The Arbroath Thread

11 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Darren Lyon 

Solid enough signing and a guy that could be here for years - pretty sure he’s a defensive midfielder so maybe that means Jacobs will go 

I liked him at QP. Solid but unspectacular type who wouldn’t ever have a bad game but not the type to single handedly grab the game by the scruff of the neck. Him coming back from a long term injury was key a factor on gaining promotion to the championship imo. There will be games you might necessarily notice him but he’s perfect for games where you might be up against it. Solid signing 

4 minutes ago, qpfc said:

I liked him at QP. Solid but unspectacular type who wouldn’t ever have a bad game but not the type to single handedly grab the game by the scruff of the neck. Him coming back from a long term injury was key a factor on gaining promotion to the championship imo. There will be games you might necessarily notice him but he’s perfect for games where you might be up against it. Solid signing 

Yeah cant imagine that the guy will be tearing up trees or whatever but we really lacked guys like him in the squad last year - just steady guys to play and do a job when required.

Looks like he’s very familiar with a right back role too (reading that Peterborough signed him to play there) so that’s good cover for Steele and in turn both of the centre halves too as Steele can easily move inside. 

46 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Don’t see why this would mean Jacobs or anyone else would be leaving. It still leaves us with a small squad and takes us back to where we were before Allan left.

Would still like to see a left back signed.

We have tried to get someone there but obviously for whatever reason it hasn't happened and i think we are just gonna stick with Stewart till Hammy's back and tbf he is getting better there. However the injury Hammy got is a real serious one and i am concerned when he does return he isn't going to be the same player for months or never will be. Hope he is fine when he comes back but i'm sceptical and also think we need to get another option at LB

25 minutes ago, keptie said:

We have tried to get someone there but obviously for whatever reason it hasn't happened and i think we are just gonna stick with Stewart till Hammy's back and tbf he is getting better there. However the injury Hammy got is a real serious one and i am concerned when he does return he isn't going to be the same player for months or never will be. Hope he is fine when he comes back but i'm sceptical and also think we need to get another option at LB

Stewart has definitely improved but him playing there means we miss out on his attacking capability. It’s good to have him as backup for left back though.

That’s also my big worry re Hamilton. It was a horrible injury and it must be in the back of his mind every time he stretches or goes in for a challenge. I’d be very surprised if he returns at the same level.

Could all work out fine though of course, with Hamilton back to his best and Stewart as cover.

5 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

He didn't put a foot wrong or look out of place.

Jury definitely out for me - seen more than enough to swing my verdict towards punt however 

Good article on Darren Lyon

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/4717642/darren-lyon-looks-to-future-arbroath/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Edited by 1320Lichtie

2 hours ago, TheRoundO said:

He was good

Pleased to hear that. Was always a good player but just seemed to lose confidence . Have to say your management team have a history of getting the best out of players who for what ever reason have gone off the boil.

Sounds like you guys have got your mojo back…..

17 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Darren Lyon 

Solid enough signing and a guy that could be here for years - pretty sure he’s a defensive midfielder so maybe that means Jacobs will go 

Solid signing guys , wished he was still with us , nothing spectacular from him but does the spade work very well and can play right across midfield and cover full back areas , great versatility 👌🏼👌🏼