The Arbroath Thread

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Away from the drama - I thought Leighton McIntosh was fkn excellent out on the right. He’s really surprised me out there, powerful strong running at a full back and a willingness to take them on. 

Also helps that we’ve got Slater and Gold continuously under lapping and getting in to the box as an option and on the right Stewart overlapping. Norey (Lyon) last week not moving from the centre of the park and keeping it ticking over. 

A clear identity and what we are trying to do as a team is building up - in my opinion anyway 

Am now much more confident of survival

3 minutes ago, ecto said:

Am now much more confident of survival

Me too although the next 3 games are extremely tough. If we are still in the mix after them I think we may do it - don’t see why not anyway. 

Noticed McIntyre make a point about getting defenders in in his interview, with a strong back 4, Gaston and Bird leading the line you’d have to say there’s a decent chance 

32 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Me too although the next 3 games are extremely tough. If we are still in the mix after them I think we may do it - don’t see why not anyway. 

Noticed McIntyre make a point about getting defenders in in his interview, with a strong back 4, Gaston and Bird leading the line you’d have to say there’s a decent chance 

But these are not the games our season will be defined by, it’s the games against the rest

4 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

I want Hylton away now. 

Calm doon. Yeah what happened on Saturday was stupid. Should never have happened. But in the situation we are in we cant afford to just chuck away players especially quality ones.

Yesterday was another good yardstick of just how improved the team is looking - lots of confidence, great passing moves and some very fine football on display - at times we were cutting right through Dunfermline's defence - the team is looking sharp, fit and up for it.

Would be good if could keep a clean defensive sheet - and hold onto the ball in the final mins when we are in front - we will be working to achieve.

Regarding the handbags at dawn, it was disappointing - but lets move on and let the management deal with this privately.

Raith and United next and if we can keep the consistency going we have a decent chance of getting something from these games.

3 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Totally blown out of proportion for me 

Seen worse at five asides ffs

Yes we all have. Also go and watch a few amateur matches and you’ll see worse fairly regularly.

However the fact that people still talk about the Levein/Hogg and Bowyer/Dyer incidents shows just how rare these kind of things are in pro (semi) football. Those games were almost 20 and 30 years ago.

What annoys me most is that we were well on the way to a victory and a good performance. Those 3 points would have pushed us up the league, propelled us past last seasons points total for this stage of the season and would have given everyone a massive boost. If it had happened during one of the United pumpings or the last time v Dunfermline then I would have probably shrugged my shoulders and thought “f**k sake, what a shambles but at least they’re showing a bit of passion”.

Hyton just pressed the self destruct button and should be rightly vilified for it imo.