The Arbroath Thread

6 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

Never felt we saw the best of Balde so quite sad to see him go. Really lacking in physicality and energy in midfield.

Agree with this, he did a job for us at the end of last season, but it just didnt seem to quite click this season.  I think we didn't see the best of him.  He wasn't quite disciplined enough in central midfield, and he wasn't consistent enough to make one of the attacking spots his.  I'm not sure there was a place for him in McIntyre's team, even if he had stayed.

That said though, there's clearly a good player in there!

Never seen the hype about Balde, he was ok when he first came then the opening stages of this season he was miles of it, not a championship player for me. Take into the account the off field baggage, it looks like McIntyre came to the same conclusion as Campbell did. Good luck to the lad.

3 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

Never seen the hype about Balde, he was ok when he first came then the opening stages of this season he was miles of it, not a championship player for me. Take into the account the off field baggage, it looks like McIntyre came to the same conclusion as Campbell did. Good luck to the lad.

Iv seen a lot of posts praising his “energy” but personally I didn’t see that in him. He would just disappear from games. His performance down at Queen of the South this season is one of the worst Iv seen in a long time. 

I don’t think anyone is suggesting that Balde was brilliant or the answer to our current woes. However, considering the shambles we’re in at the moment, I personally would have kept him until the end of the season. We desperately need fit players and, despite his lack of certain qualities, I do think he was capable of contributing an element of, much needed, physicality to our midfield.

A fee being involved makes it a no brainer though.

54 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

A fee being involved makes it a no brainer though.

East Kilbride have cash so we probably got a good deal.

I think we all enjoyed seeing him at his best but there were far too many error strewn performances to merit a place. He would be way behind at least 3 others in the attacking midfield slot once everyone is fit.

Good luck to him.

What’s going on with Hylton? I know he’s a free agent so the window doesn’t matter, but I thought he’d be signed up by now. If he wants to come back until the summer I imagine he’d be welcome. 

2 minutes ago, TheRoundO said:

What’s going on with Hylton? I know he’s a free agent so the window doesn’t matter, but I thought he’d be signed up by now. If he wants to come back until the summer I imagine he’d be welcome. 

I'd heard he was back down south looking for a club there.