The Arbroath Thread

On 27/02/2024 at 21:17, RedLichtie86 said:

Ali Adams was never good enough.

Otherwise he wouldnt have been playing in the 5th/6th Tier most of his career.

This is probably right, it would be more surprising if he was good enough for the Championship rather than out of his depth after that career, but that doesn't mean he wouldn’t have been a better option than Boruc while Gaston is out.

It is interesting that some of the same fans who were insisting that we stop taking unproven punts and sign proven players from the lower leagues (no argument from me) are in favour of taking a punt on an inexperienced loan player.

1 hour ago, ExiledLichtie said:

It is interesting that some of the same fans who were insisting that we stop taking unproven punts and sign proven players from the lower leagues (no argument from me) are in favour of taking a punt on an inexperienced loan player.

We signed laddies, when we needed men

Pleased to see Mikey mckenna back in the squad for you lads tonight. I'm a raith man, but I know his family and he's a really sound lad. Would have loved him at raith, but he's happy enough being part time as he's got a good business going.

f**k me, what a range of emotions tonight. Decided not to bother driving down from Aberdeen for the game. Didn’t even flinch when Rovers went 1 and then 2 up, just thought “oh well it’s been a blast”. 27 minutes later I’m jumping around the house, cat is still hiding under the bed and my wife thinks I’m mental.

What a comeback!!!!

Well no one saw that coming....gives us a squeak albeit couldn't have a worse follow up than Dundee next week. Inverness though must get something out of their next three games, they have a tough run in after that so it's not dead yet.

1 minute ago, Tattie36 said:

f**k me, what a range of emotions tonight. Decided not to bother driving down from Aberdeen for the game. Didn’t even flinch when Rovers went 1 and then 2 up, just thought “oh well it’s been a blast”. 27 minutes later I’m jumping around the house, cat is still hiding under the bed and my wife thinks I’m mental.

What a comeback!!!!

Was worried making the 400 mile trip for this, even more so at 2 down. Somehow the boys got the result to make my journey vindicated.

Hopefully Jim finally realises Bird has to start. His great finish turned the game tonight.

6 minutes ago, kentish said:

Well no one saw that coming....gives us a squeak albeit couldn't have a worse follow up than Dundee next week. Inverness though must get something out of their next three games, they have a tough run in after that so it's not dead yet.

Of Course ignored fact still got to play each other once more this season so deffo not dead.

Gats, totally applaud you from afar, love and respect big man.

Sadly haven't neen there personally,  to vent my feelings this season😊

Edited by DUAFC

9 minutes ago, kentish said:

Have to say until watched the game tonight hadn’t  realised how many key: vital players you have been missing this year, Little just back, Galston just back, O’Brien out and McKenna arguably best midfielder in the league  just back after long Injury.

Jeez, because of Resources no FT team in Scotland could deal with arguably 4 most influential players missing- so impact on a P/T team is magnified.

Delighted for you all…and chill

Really pleased to see Stowe get a goal and assist.  I think he's received some unfair stick, and he's played more games than I think he probably expected, due to being one of the only non-broken players.  

What a result. Genuinely DELIGHTED for you. A true 'never say die/fat lady's not singing yet' result. Mon the LIchties.

Edited by Chippyminton
Shite spelling :(

4 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Really pleased to see Stowe get a goal and assist.  I think he's received some unfair stick, and he's played more games than I think he probably expected, due to being one of the only non-broken players.  

He didn't start too well when he came on and he sliced a cross into the stand behind the goal. Fair play to him he worked hard and got rewarded with his winner. 

15 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

Have to say until watched the game tonight hadn’t  realised how many key: vital players you have been missing this year, Little just back, Galston just back, O’Brien out and McKenna arguably best midfielder in the league  just back after long Injury.

Jeez, because of Resources no FT team in Scotland could deal with arguably 4 most influential players missing- so impact on a P/T team is magnified.

Delighted for you all…and chill

Fair point....however there were a lot of other injuries that have had a major impact