The Arbroath Thread

7 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

I think TOB has 3 years left on his current deal.

Iv heard from a few folk Hammy away at the end of the season and Bayview his likely destination. A cracking servant but hasn’t been the same player since coming back from injury this season. 

Wouldn’t be surprised if McKenna, Stewart, Hammy and Goldie end up at Methil, they love a bit of Dick 

2 hours ago, ecto said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if McKenna, Stewart, Hammy and Goldie end up at Methil, they love a bit of Dick 

Considering they were all glad to see the back of DC in the end I find that hard to believe nevermind dropping 2 divisions to play at a really poor level lol. Have East Fife even won a game? Dick is well and truly past it sadly these days but will forever be a legend for everything he did for us in what was without a shadow of a doubt his finest moments/achievements in Management. 🇱🇻⚽🔥

4 hours ago, 36-0 Maroon said:

Considering they were all glad to see the back of DC in the end I find that hard to believe nevermind dropping 2 divisions to play at a really poor level lol. Have East Fife even won a game? Dick is well and truly past it sadly these days but will forever be a legend for everything he did for us in what was without a shadow of a doubt his finest moments/achievements in Management. 🇱🇻⚽🔥

East fife have closed the gap on 4th and beaten Dumbarton in 4th since dicks gone to EF. Could yet sneak into playoffs 

21 hours ago, keptie said:

He probably was angry in the dressing room, just because on camera he appears calm and measured doesn't mean he isn't passionate. 

I’d just like him to look like he cares. 

Hammy a stick on to EF for me. It would suit him down to the ground seeing his career out there. 

Whatever happens we are going to have to build a new core of players, we are going to be in a completely different place next season. 

Signings we make in the summer will be massive. Have to get a lot of them right. If we go down I don’t see a big bounce back I think we will have to take a season to find our feet, hopefully sign the right guys, build a bit of an identity with them and then hopefully season after we can be in and around the play offs.

Pretty hopeful of keeping Stewart, McKenna and Gold to be honest. Steele, Slater, McIntosh, Stowe, Murray on top of that is a good start, ToB too if he stays. Would love to get Lyon signed up a couple of years. 

Next season is going to be a big season and a tough job for the manager, it’ll be a fresh start. Dropping down a division should provide a bit of relief however and we should still be absolutely fine. 

4 minutes ago, TheRoundO said:

I don’t quite understand. What does that look like? 

I think he looks like he cares?

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Really sad news about Lindsay Wood, who has passed away. 

He did a lot of great work for Arbroath, football and cricket clubs, and local junior teams.

What an after dinner speaker !!

Edited by DUAFC

44 minutes ago, TheRoundO said:

I get what you’re saying. On Saturday for example he just stood there with his hands in his pockets or arms crossed. The assistant looks to be a bit more animated. Maybe that’s just how they work together. 

The players we currently we have singed up for next season are -

GK -

DF - Walker (2025) ToB (2028) Steele (2025)

MF - Gold (2025) Stowe (2025) Murray (2025)

FW - McIntosh (2025)

now regardless of what division we are playing in there is a big rebuilding job ahead of us.

I want these players to sign on again -

GK- Gaston

DF-Delaney

MF-Slater, Stewart and McKenna.

FW - Bird.

Would give us 13 players with another 7 to come in. 

I think though -

Gaston will leave as he will be 37. has a great job outwith Arbroath so may see it as time to hang up the gloves or possibly play at a more local level. plenty of WoS teams would love a keeper of his skills and experience.

Hamilton has been slowing up for years. will be 32 and might see a change of club at a lower level a welcome change of pace. Even if EF are in L1 he may end up there for some more Dick. 

Little has been a stalwart in our team. but at the age of 35 this will be his last season. Retirement or playing at a local level is most likely for him.

Stewart has been our Player of the Year. Has been asked to play in defence pretty much all season and has given his all. But I feel that unless we offer him a good deal (3 years at least) he will be off. And again other clubs will be after him (EF surely in the mix)

McKenna is now 33 but still has plenty of energy in him. But I feel like he will be off regardless what happens. And again I feel like he will be off to EF to join up with Dick. If EF are still in L2 then he may feel its another great chance to earn a title winners medal.

Dow will be 33. Certainly not the player he was in the past as has struggled to make many contributions going forward. 37 appearances with 4 assists. (Last goal in 21/22 season) Not great for an attacking midfield player. A drop down the leagues most likely.

Bird is hard to say what he may do. I believe he moved his family up here so may have to the chance to resign him. But at the same time I can see teams such FT such as QotS, Falkirk, etc taking an interest in him. 

The rest, Norey (Back down south), Jacobs, Turan, Robinson, Lyon will most likely be released. 

Bird is only 22 and stays up here with Norey. Pretty sure he’s not got any family up here.

Also we should make Scott Stewart a great offer he’s exactly the kind of guy we need. He will be close with the assistant manager Jimmy Boyle too I’m sure, him and his dad Sandy are close.

Fancy McKenna to stay another year here he loves it and so does his family, he’s a big fans favourite and will probably be pissed off at missing so much time this year. Again I’d offer a great 2 year deal to him.

Gold will stay he’s due his testimonial.

Not sure why Lyon would be likely to be released the man has been solid and shown his value playing all over the park. Sure we’d be very interested in keeping him about. 

Likes of Delaney will be looking for a full time move. He’s an Irish lad and can’t see him having a proper job away from football. 

Pretty sure Slater will have signed more than a one year deal in the summer. 

10 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

The players we currently we have singed up for next season are -

GK -

DF - Walker (2025) ToB (2028) Steele (2025)

MF - Gold (2025) Stowe (2025) Murray (2025)

FW - McIntosh (2025)

now regardless of what division we are playing in there is a big rebuilding job ahead of us.

I want these players to sign on again -

GK- Gaston

DF-Delaney

MF-Slater, Stewart and McKenna.

FW - Bird.

Would give us 13 players with another 7 to come in. 

I think though -

Gaston will leave as he will be 37. has a great job outwith Arbroath so may see it as time to hang up the gloves or possibly play at a more local level. plenty of WoS teams would love a keeper of his skills and experience.

Hamilton has been slowing up for years. will be 32 and might see a change of club at a lower level a welcome change of pace. Even if EF are in L1 he may end up there for some more Dick. 

Little has been a stalwart in our team. but at the age of 35 this will be his last season. Retirement or playing at a local level is most likely for him.

Stewart has been our Player of the Year. Has been asked to play in defence pretty much all season and has given his all. But I feel that unless we offer him a good deal (3 years at least) he will be off. And again other clubs will be after him (EF surely in the mix)

McKenna is now 33 but still has plenty of energy in him. But I feel like he will be off regardless what happens. And again I feel like he will be off to EF to join up with Dick. If EF are still in L2 then he may feel its another great chance to earn a title winners medal.

Dow will be 33. Certainly not the player he was in the past as has struggled to make many contributions going forward. 37 appearances with 4 assists. (Last goal in 21/22 season) Not great for an attacking midfield player. A drop down the leagues most likely.

Bird is hard to say what he may do. I believe he moved his family up here so may have to the chance to resign him. But at the same time I can see teams such FT such as QotS, Falkirk, etc taking an interest in him. 

The rest, Norey (Back down south), Jacobs, Turan, Robinson, Lyon will most likely be released. 

I'm not sure I agree with the calls to scrapheap Hamilton and ToB.  I don't think we can really judge them on this season.  Both had injuries, both were rushed back way before they were ready (leading in ToB's case to many niggly injuries when he clearly wasn't fit to start), and both have been playing through a totally unrelated follow up injury (broken toe/hand).  Of course they don't look at their best!  I think the only way to really judge them will be after they've had a close season.

Edited by ExiledLichtie

1 hour ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I'm not sure I agree with the calls to scrapheap Hamilton and ToB.  I don't think we can really judge them on this season.  Both had injuries, both were rushed back way before they were ready (leading in ToB's case to many niggly injuries when he clearly wasn't fit to start), and both have been playing through a totally unrelated follow up injury (broken toe/hand).  Of course they don't look at their best!  I think the only way to really judge them will be after they've had a close season.

Hamilton would still be absolutely fine in L1 but his best days well behind him and ToB would be a good player in L1 too, he’s been peppered with niggling injuries for a long time now but still a really good player when he’s at it, not seen much of that for a while though - but I’m just guessing they’ll both want to work with DC again and we’ve got to prepare for that. Atleast we would get a fee for ToB.

Hammy definitely be away.

ToB I think it’s 50/50 and it’ll depend on how he feels about the club and McIntyre and boys that will be here next season.

Would be very disappointed if ToB leaves,

ToB, McKenna Stewart should be the first 3 names we build our team around next year, along with Gold, Gaston, Steel, McIntosh and if you could keep him Bird, Jury's still out on Slater, Walker, and Murray, 

Gonna be a hard enough job rebuilding as it is and surely you would want to keep your captain and better players to begin with, I understand the connection with Campbell but if everyone leaves to go join East Fife it doesn't say very much about the current management and feeling around the club, 

Been tough for him but jury's still out on the manager for me too, January was hard for him and he inherited a unbalanced injured squad,  however after a decent start to life we seem to have went backwards, it had all gone toxic with Campbell and a fresh start was needed, but there is absolutely no connection between the fans and managment team and things still don't feel right, 

If anyone still hasn't got a ticket for Ricky's Testimonial Dinner, please get in touch tonight or tomorrow.

A fantastic evening for a true Lichtie Legend who has been not only at the Club for 11 seasons now.

The Ricky Little Testimonial Dinner will be held at the Dundee Apex Hotel on Sunday 24th March with a welcome drink served at 7pm.

Bill Leckie is the emcee and will also be speaking with Jim Leishman also speaking.  Two great speakers and ones not been heard recently locally for a wee while.

Tickets can be bought by emailing RickyLittleTestimonial@gmail.com or reaching out via the Facebook Page or Twitter Page.

417522814_292227780555173_1258518710267221319_n.jpeg

Yet another game where United are being made to look very very ordinary.

Aside from against us, I’ve not seen a single game this season where they’ve looked anything other than decidedly average.

If they win the league then I think the games v us will have been a major factor in getting them there.

ETA I’m actually angry at how we’ve bent over to United this season. They’re fucking mince and we’ve made them look like world beaters.

Edited by Tattie36