The Arbroath Thread

1 minute ago, lichtie23 said:

We all knew this was coming but this feeling of knowing we are down absolutely sucks. 

A year over due. We should have been down last year 

4 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Didnt say they were all bad players. But most are not good enough to play in the Championship at this moment in time. Some will never be. Past 2 seasons quite a few have struggled and others have just been so far off it that they look worse than they possibly are.

All we can do is see the season out and rebuild next year. If McIntyre is still in charge so be it. Just have to see what he does differently over the summer

I don't really disagree with most of that, I don't think anyone does.  I don't think anyone would have been able to stop us being relegated.  I was also fairly neutral on McIntyre when he was appointed.  But there are ways of being relegated.  I didn't watch this game, but I've watched most of the games this season, and in recent months, we have looked absolutely dismal.  We have a player who made himself a club hero, but was then immediately told to find a new club.  We have had players fighting on the pitch, arguing over penalties, calling for the manager to be sacked on social media.  If we had gone down fighting and McIntyre had injected a bit of positivity, and kept the club together, then nobody would be calling for his head.  When we were relegated under Sheerin, people weren't calling for his head.

But while its not his fault we are relegated, its his fault we have been relegated in such a pathetic manner.

This is just my opinion. 

Going by social media and some posts on here a part of our support have turned on the board. To save some face they should punt McIntyre before Wednesday and then at the Q&A admit there mistakes and give an outline of how they are going to change the culture at Gayfield going forward.

10 minutes ago, speedframe said:

What makes you think he would only be due 2 months?

Have it from a very reliable source 

Commiserations Arbroath.

At least 3 other teams in this league I'd rather go down than you, but that is easily the worst Arbroath performance I've ever seen at Somerset.

Best of luck next season.

1 minute ago, speedframe said:

If that's the case then it's a bit of good business from the Arbroath committee.

Probably learned from their mistake with Scott Allan 😁

Tbf, I kinda wish we activated this prior to the ICT game, think it might’ve given us a lift, it’s obvious now, he has lost the dressing room 

3 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I don't really disagree with most of that, I don't think anyone does.  I don't think anyone would have been able to stop us being relegated.  I was also fairly neutral on McIntyre when he was appointed.  But there are ways of being relegated.  I didn't watch this game, but I've watched most of the games this season, and in recent months, we have looked absolutely dismal.  We have a player who made himself a club hero, but was then immediately told to find a new club.  We have had players fighting on the pitch, arguing over penalties, calling for the manager to be sacked on social media.  If we had gone down fighting and McIntyre had injected a bit of positivity, and kept the club together, then nobody would be calling for his head.  When we were relegated under Sheerin, people weren't calling for his head.

But while its not his fault we are relegated, its his fault we have been relegated in such a pathetic manner.

The way we have been relegated has been pish thats for sure. But we have seen the players look devoid of emotion on the pitch before McIntyre came in. He breifly got them fired up but after failing to beat Ayr at home in January their heads have been fully down bar that comeback v Raith. No leaders on the pitch to motivate each other. Even our most experienced players heads have been down and accepting of defeat, epecially after conceding a goal. Team has lacked fight for 2 seasons now.

But this relegation will hopefully give the players something to think about. And the prospect of facing teams that are more our level should give them belief that wins will be more frequent.

Seems my previous comment was rather poorly put across... I'm beginning to make a habit of it....:lol:

What I'm trying to get at is I find it bizarre coming on here to find out how were playing/ who's playing well/ badly, comments on tactics etc. from people who aren't at the game and can't possibly know these things. Having a go at boruc etc. For example when he's actually playing really well, but we've conceded several goals so the assumption is made he's been dreadful.

I am absolutely not, and would never mean to have a go at anyone for not being able to attend a football match due to finances or family commitments. I assumed that as a given, which I shouldn't have. :). Also previous post wasn't aimed at any individual, no offense meant to anyone.

Maybe I just made a needless comment about a mild annoyance of mine when we were, yet again, being easily beaten as frustration got the better of me....