The Arbroath Thread

34 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

If that's what you want to believe, you're entitled to do so, and my own fault for jumping in two footed while pissed off at half time in a game we were already beaten. :)

However, it is utter bollocks. I have absolutely no reason whatever to think I am 'better' than anyone, regardless of football. I consider myself extremely lucky and priviledged in many ways in life, including football wise where I'm in a position to go and watch us every week. Frankly I'd say I'm the luckiest Arbroath fan that's ever lived - born in a time we've won three titles and able to attend all the games in the seasons we did so? An absolute privilege.

My comment was regarding people commenting on players performances etc during games they're not watching. It just doesnt make any sense to me personally. Obviously we're all entitled to our opinions but I don't understand how someone can form an opinion on a game/ what's going on in a game they're not seeing. My personal view of it/ opinion. A lot of people disagree, entirely understandable, a big part of how my opinion is formed is probably because I'm lucky enough to never not see us play, so I don't really know anything else.

Anyway, there's a good chance you were simply looking for me to rise to your comment, which I have done so well played if so :lol:

Thanks for your reply. I’d much rather you just admitted you knew what you were doing. I won’t hold a long term grudge but Iv lost a lot of respect for you after what you said, and I don’t look like the only one. 

5 minutes ago, Anotherlichtie said:

Thanks for your reply. I’d much rather you just admitted you knew what you were doing. I won’t hold a long term grudge but Iv lost a lot of respect for you after what you said, and I don’t look like the only one. 

You are truly a deluded ego on legs 😂

47 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

You got yourselves into 20 million pound worth of debt and won absolutely f**k all - fucking over a whole load of people in the process - you also celebrate these times as your glory years 👍🏻

The Longest Forty - ON THIS DAY 18 years ago, Claudio Caniggia signed for  Dundee Football Club (Official) On October 3 2000, the then-33-year-old was  paraded alongside boss Ivano Bonetti after signing

1 minute ago, Anotherlichtie said:

As I said - if this is what you want to believe you're welcome to do so :) If given the binary choice of looking like an arsehole or admitting to something I didn't do to save face - I'd choose to look like an arsehole every time. If that's what's happened here, then it is how it is.

However, just to clarify, my poorly worded post was me 'doing' something, and that something was trying to make myself look/ saying I am superior to most other Arbroath fans? Half time of a game down at Ayr and I've thought to myself 'f**k this, I'm gonna get on Pie and Bovril and make sure everyone knows how superior I am to them due to the fact I'm here watching this shit and they're not'? As opposed to 'f**k sake, everytime I log onto Pie and Bovril at half time of a game to see other peoples view of the game it's full of people telling me how shit our players are/ have been when they're not watching it, I find it really frustrating'?

I don't think there's much point me saying anything further on this really..... :unsure: At this point, despite me being the one who worded things badly initially and people like exiledlichtie/tattie rightly jumping on it (and others, no disrespect to anyone!), you're the one basically putting words in my mouth so.....

18 minutes ago, Anotherlichtie said:

Ach, leave him alone.  It was perfectly clear what he was trying to say!  He's one of the more reasonable posters on here.  

Just now, ExiledLichtie said:

Ach, leave him alone.  It was perfectly clear what he was trying to say!  He's one of the more reasonable posters on here.  

f**k off, you're a nobody who couldn't even be bothered to attend todays game. :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

I very rarely post on here from my phone - I've done so twice this year from what I can remember. One time while working in Fife and I came out of a meeting to find I'd kicked off World War 3 with the social media team, and this time where I came out the game to find I'd accidently offended a load of our fanbase :lol: Think I'll stick to the laptop from now on......

Totally understand your reply earlier, totally justified considering the wording of my initial post :)

7 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

As I said - if this is what you want to believe you're welcome to do so :) If given the binary choice of looking like an arsehole or admitting to something I didn't do to save face - I'd choose to look like an arsehole every time. If that's what's happened here, then it is how it is.

However, just to clarify, my poorly worded post was me 'doing' something, and that something was trying to make myself look/ saying I am superior to most other Arbroath fans? Half time of a game down at Ayr and I've thought to myself 'f**k this, I'm gonna get on Pie and Bovril and make sure everyone knows how superior I am to them due to the fact I'm here watching this shit and they're not'? As opposed to 'f**k sake, everytime I log onto Pie and Bovril at half time of a game to see other peoples view of the game it's full of people telling me how shit our players are/ have been when they're not watching it, I find it really frustrating'?

I don't think there's much point me saying anything further on this really..... :unsure: At this point, despite me being the one who worded things badly initially and people like exiledlichtie/tattie rightly jumping on it (and others, no disrespect to anyone!), you're the one basically putting words in my mouth so.....

Simon, you've apologised, good on you. You don't have to say any more on this. 

What you contribute to the club is absolutely amazing and appreciated. 

f**k off, you're a nobody who couldn't even be bothered to attend todays game. :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

I very rarely post on here from my phone - I've done so twice this year from what I can remember. One time while working in Fife and I came out of a meeting to find I'd kicked off World War 3 with the social media team, and this time where I came out the game to find I'd accidently offended a load of our fanbase :lol: Think I'll stick to the laptop from now on......

Totally understand your reply earlier, totally justified considering the wording of my initial post :)

You are just a trouble maker. 

1 minute ago, RedLichtie86 said:

You are just a trouble maker. 

I think the only reasonable punishment is that I be banned from Gayfield for a year and be made to sit on the old Ladyloan Primary School wall to watch games, as the other trouble makers have been made to do before me ;)

(I hope that at least a few people get the reference!!)

6 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

Its been a long hard season.  Everyone's at each other's throats!  We're all grumpy, irritable and spoiling for a fight.

4 hours ago, lichtiekev said:

Keep refreshing the page hoping to see he is gone......

There is surely no way he can survive this,

Everyone would give him a chance and time if there was signs or performances that gave us something to be hopeful of, Unfortunately he has made a bigger mess of the mess we were in and he has given nothing to show he can be trusted or have the ability to fix it

I came on here a good while back saying that it was a bad appointment and that McIntyre would do nothing to improve the club - especially with regards to the team bonding that is so important.  Everyone on here will know who they are but there were regular posters on here that repeatedly refused to acknowledge it was in any way McIntyre’s fault and that he was placed in an impossible situation.

I wonder if they will finally acknowledge they were wrong about him?  Alternatively I assume they still have faith in him turning this around next season? 

4 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

I think the only reasonable punishment is that I be banned from Gayfield for a year and be made to sit on the old Ladyloan Primary School wall to watch games, as the other trouble makers have been made to do before me ;)

Think it was on a dog bin hanging off the telephone pole. Fans even parted so he could get a view of the game.

Just now, Shadow Play said:

I came on here a good while back saying that it was a bad appointment and that McIntyre would do nothing to improve the club - especially with regards to the team bonding that is so important.  Everyone on here will know who they are but there were regular posters on here that repeatedly refused to acknowledge it was in any way McIntyre’s fault and that he was placed in an impossible situation.

I wonder if they will finally acknowledge they were wrong about him?  Alternatively I assume they still have faith in him turning this around next season? 

Oh prophetic one. Please pass on some more insightful knowledge to us mere pilgrims. You are a god amongst us.

Perhaps you can tell us the next lottery numbers or how to ensure a pitch can drain suffeciently that its not deemed waterlogged after a small drop of rain.

Aye, just watch your piles.

Personally a better punishment for you would be a front row seat at Meet the Manager 

12 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

Il get the cream for your piles

Just now, RedLichtie86 said:

Oh prophetic one. Please pass on some more insightful knowledge to us mere pilgrims. You are a god amongst us.

Perhaps you can tell us the next lottery numbers or how to ensure a pitch can drain suffeciently that it’s not deemed waterlogged after a small drop of rain.

Now, now.  No way to treat a near neighbour.  I simply posted tonight to see if those who have repeatedly refused to consider McIntyre has been a poor appointment still feel that way and back him for next season.  Seems reasonable to me.

2 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Now, now.  No way to treat a near neighbour.  I simply posted tonight to see if those who have repeatedly refused to consider McIntyre has been a poor appointment still feel that way and back him for next season.  Seems reasonable to me.

What are you on about?  Even on a night when Dundee fans should be celebrating the results of their latest bit of financial malpractice, they are still obsessing over one of their ex-managers.  How tragic. 

16 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

A few of us, me included thought that it was far too early to judge McIntyre during the very early part of his tenure due to the shit show that he inherited. We were an absolute mess when he arrived and we were all willing to at least give him a chance

However it’s been far far worse than any of us hoped and I’m pretty sure we’re all united now in thinking that his appointment has been a compete disaster.

I don’t think there’s anyone left who’s willing to give him more time.

Edited by Tattie36