The Arbroath Thread

Full time players aren’t exactly training 40 hours a week. I’m self employed and the type of work I do I would definitely still be able to run my business and play full-time football, age and lack of ability aside.

No reason McKenna couldn’t train 15-20 hours a week and still keep his business ticking over. Does he have staff? He might just fancy a crack at full-time football before the end of his career.

56 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Full time players aren’t exactly training 40 hours a week. I’m self employed and the type of work I do I would definitely still be able to run my business and play full-time football, age and lack of ability aside.

No reason McKenna couldn’t train 15-20 hours a week and still keep his business ticking over. Does he have staff? He might just fancy a crack at full-time football before the end of his career.

That's what I was thinking. Full time footballers only train for 15 hours a week. Unless he's a one man band I fail to see how he can't delegate when he's at training every day. 

15 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

That's what I was thinking. Full time footballers only train for 15 hours a week. Unless he's a one man band I fail to see how he can't delegate when he's at training every day. 

It's entirely dependent on what the job is though isn't it? Marketing consultancy is a lot easier to fit into a travel-mandatory physical job like playing football than e.g. plastering.

Just now, Thumper said:

It's entirely dependent on what the job is though isn't it? Marketing consultancy is a lot easier to fit into a travel-mandatory physical job like playing football than e.g. plastering.

Well yes, that was my point. 

14 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Sparky innit?

And crawling under floorboards etc is not exactly complementary to three hours a day running up sand dunes or whatever.

McKenna and McGlynn like each other a lot and I think they are both from the same town and have probably talked over the years plenty of times - if it happened then it is extremely sad and disappointing but it would be a good move for him. Who knows maybe thinks if he signed a 3 year deal he’d potentially get a chance of playing Premiership football. 

Dunno how it would work if he did do it though and really hope that he maybe does sign on here instead 

Had typed a longer post out but forgot to post and it disappeared - to summarise, would be gutted to lose Mikey as I believe he’s someone with the best interests of the club at heart. He is EXACTLY the type of player/character who has brought us our recent success, and it would be fairly damning if he was to move on at this stage of his career (Even if this is largely due to not getting on with McIntyre, I have no doubt there are some other factors). Really wanting the season to end now so we can clarify players futures and start moving forward. 

1 hour ago, glasgowlichtie23 said:

Post match interview just posted there. To summarise 

• ehhhhhhh i think we created some good chances 

•ehhhhh silly goals to give away you can’t do that at this level

• got ehhhhh lots to work on in training

Thank you for taking that hit.  I haven't been able to bring myself to watch the interviews for a few weeks now. 

2 hours ago, glasgowlichtie23 said:

Post match interview just posted there. To summarise 

• ehhhhhhh i think we created some good chances 

•ehhhhh silly goals to give away you can’t do that at this level

• got ehhhhh lots to work on in training

I forgot to mention that he called the fans punters. Superb stuff

8 hours ago, glasgowlichtie23 said:

I forgot to mention that he called the fans punters. Superb stuff

He should respect those SUPPORTERS who travelled to back him and the club both home and away.

Punters ?????

48 minutes ago, mo83 said:

A Smokie supporting " friend" told me at the weekend their is interest from Spartans aswell for your man McKenna.

You’d imagine he’d have a long list of teams that are interested. Every other PT team would take him. 

3 minutes ago, relichtie said:

He should respect those SUPPORTERS who travelled to back him and the club both home and away.

Punters ?????

I have no problems with saying "punters". Is it derogatory? No. Is it demeaning? No.

Its just another word used to describe a fan or supporter. I have heard countless people se that over the years and not once have i felt disrespected by that.

1 minute ago, RedLichtie86 said:

I have no problems with saying "punters". Is it derogatory? No. Is it demeaning? No.

Its just another word used to describe a fan or supporter. I have heard countless people se that over the years and not once have i felt disrespected by that.

Aye just more of a glesga term probably but hear that all the time - said it in his bbc post match when we beat Raith and zero complaints cause everyone was buzzing that night. A total non issue 

20 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

I consider myself a fan or a supporter. I look on the word punter as someone who bets on sporting events.

That's just my take on it.