The Arbroath Thread

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

We know, not sure what will happen with him but him and McGlynn do like each other a lot and both from Musselburgh. 

LMAO this guy man

Not only doesn’t he go with stats

He doesn’t go to many games

`Yet can tell you how much McGlynn likes McKenna coz he met McKenna in a pub one night

Good player for sure is MM no denying that, but this they like each other a lot, is acting out one of your weird fantasy’s on here.

I think 1320 just loves a bit of transfer speculation!  NHe's got Hamilton confirmed as going to East Fife to rejoin the Campbells and ToB also going, despite his long term deal and high wage.  He's also got McKenna going to Falkirk on the basis of him being from the same town as McGlynn.   Proper speculative nonsense! 

Edited by ExiledLichtie

19 minutes ago, lichtiemike said:

If folk are getting wound up by McIntyre using the word Punter, Wednesday can only really be an absolute car crash. 

I assume they’ll announce a contract extension for Gold or he wouldn’t be there. I imagine there’ll be more extensions to calm the waters. 

26 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I think 1320 just loves a bit of transfer speculation!  NHe's got Hamilton confirmed as going to East Fife to rejoin the Campbells and ToB also going, despite his long term deal and high wage.  He's also got McKenna going to Falkirk on the basis of him being from the same town as McGlynn.   Proper speculative nonsense! 

I never brought the McKenna thing up or started saying McKenna was going 

Never brought the Hamilton thing up either but had heard he was away to EF from someone who told me Steele was signing for us before it happened so fully believe that 

ToB is just a personal feeling, although absolutely no substance to it  - PnB is full of it and always is full of it 

58 minutes ago, Lichteeeeee said:

LMAO this guy man

Not only doesn’t he go with stats

He doesn’t go to many games

`Yet can tell you how much McGlynn likes McKenna coz he met McKenna in a pub one night

Good player for sure is MM no denying that, but this they like each other a lot, is acting out one of your weird fantasy’s on here.

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/daily-record/20141011/282265253673409

👍🏻

ETA - if anything summed up how much of a fud you are then it’s this. Maybe look into things before you go about firing insults at people 😂

IMG_4074.png

Edited by 1320Lichtie

1 hour ago, lichtiemike said:

If folk are getting wound up by McIntyre using the word Punter, Wednesday can only really be an absolute car crash. 

Hopefully someone can provide a word by word transcription service and post it on here. 

So what do we reckon the turn out will be for tomorrows meet the manager/Q&A?

Iv spoke to a few folk who are so drained with this season that they don’t fancy going to it. I fully understand why they would feel like that. This season has really sucked the enjoyment out of supporting the club.

16 hours ago, virginton said:

Hopefully someone can provide a word by word transcription service and post it on here. 

If they could go full Falkirk FC and stick a video of the car crash online, I’d really appreciate that. 

As much as i have hated how this season (and last season) has panned out i am more than happy to go along. Good opportunity to listen to the manager and Goldie about this season, plans for next and any long term plans. 

If you have the time and can go then I would suggest "punters" go along. Better to hear from the horses mouth than what gets posted on here afterwards. Plenty info can be missed or misinterpreted.

Good chance he is set stay so best to go in with an open mind and see what he has to say rather than go in with your mind already made up.. 

Like many on here, I don't live locally, but I can't imagine the turnout will be huge.  I also don't think its going to be a rammy, the more angry are unlikely to go, as are the drained and done in.  So I imagine fairly civilised, and the questions will be of the softball variety, as nobody will want to make a scene and come across as a total dick. 

I just can't believe he's still in a job...

25 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

As much as i have hated how this season (and last season) has panned out i am more than happy to go along. Good opportunity to listen to the manager and Goldie about this season, plans for next and any long term plans. 

If you have the time and can go then I would suggest "punters" go along. Better to hear from the horses mouth than what gets posted on here afterwards. Plenty info can be missed or misinterpreted.

Good chance he is set stay so best to go in with an open mind and see what he has to say rather than go in with your mind already made up.. 

Been two horrendous seasons. 

Every time I drive past Gayfield though I think it shows how much we have got right off the park - still not overly happy with certain things (social media manager and death threat still really annoying me) but overall I think the club have listened to supporters.

I mean this is being done based off the back of fans mentioning that it had not happened (don’t think it was coincidence that it was said online and then a week or so later one was arranged) - so I kind of feel bad for complaining too much 

Think next season a lot of opposing fans that visit the club for the first time in a while are going to be taken aback by how much Gayfield has improved and also hopefully how different it feels on a match day with a larger crowd present - even little things like adding in the different segregation fences etc - we’ve tried to get it right as much as we can 

Just think we are maybe getting this wrong. I get wanting to stick by the manager and I get that you can’t become a club that just fires through managers but in this instance maybe McIntyre does have to become the sacrificial lamb to prevent next year starting off on a negative note, or to prevent the knives coming out straight away if things got tough 

Either way though I am looking forward to next year, it should be a reprieve and a chance to regroup. If McIntyre is here then he’s here but I think for me it’s not the best of ideas 

Will be back with a season ticket and ready to see what lies in store though. I hope Wednesday is productive and people who make it can give a run down of what was discussed 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

When i started reading this i thought it was a nice gesture from the club to give something back to the season ticket holders or something, but no they’re wanting £100 each for a kick about at gayfield

IMG_1845.jpeg

32 minutes ago, afc_36_0 said:

When i started reading this i thought it was a nice gesture from the club to give something back to the season ticket holders or something, but no they’re wanting £100 each for a kick about at gayfield

IMG_1845.jpeg

That will be sold out by tonight 

Surely that price should be a lot lower even free for season ticket holders as a thank you for fallowing them this season and the guff we’ve witnessed. 

begging bowl out again for these new stupid daft paid roles we’ve now taken on. 

49 minutes ago, afc_36_0 said:

IMG_1845.jpeg

That's not bad to be fair! Sounds like a bit of fun for those that like it and a fairly special event.  There's been a lot to criticise the club for, but this seems like a good idea!