The Arbroath Thread

Just now, oneteaminglasgow said:

I would be happy to categorically guarantee that if McIntyre had yous sitting 7th, nobody would have any issue whatsoever with the use of the word ‘punters’ 

That’s a fever dream. He’s fucking useless 

16 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I won’t be disputing this. 

I’m really struggling to see any reason he’s being kept on. It must be financial . The football is turgid and the majority of our support want him out. I’m desperate to be proved wrong but I just can’t see it 

40 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

I’m really struggling to see any reason he’s being kept on. It must be financial . The football is turgid and the majority of our support want him out. I’m desperate to be proved wrong but I just can’t see it 

I think maybe he’s already signed a fair few players up for next season on pre contracts, only thing I can think of 

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I think maybe he’s already signed a fair few players up for next season on pre contracts, only thing I can think of 

Well if they are of the standard of Kyle Robinson we are in for a treat

49 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Well if they are of the standard of Kyle Robinson we are in for a treat

McIntyre has had more than 3 weeks to try and identify players so good chance they are of a higher calibre than Robinson. 

20 hours ago, Hayshead2 said:

Heard this a few weeks ago but as Falkirk are full time and Micheal has his own business I doubt it's true.

Apparently only has to traina couple of times  week. Some money aswell.

Lichties heresy alert: McKenna has been a great player for us and certainly has a great attitude and fighting spirit, but after a couple of mediocre seasons and at 33 years old would it be so bad if he moved on?  Please understand that I’d prefer him to stay. 

21 minutes ago, TheRoundO said:

Lichties heresy alert: McKenna has been a great player for us and certainly has a great attitude and fighting spirit, but after a couple of mediocre seasons and at 33 years old would it be so bad if he moved on?  Please understand that I’d prefer him to stay. 

I think we’d all love him to stay. Always a Lichtie legend for his crucial part in our best Championship season. I feel sure he’s been offered a good deal to stay on at Gayfield. He would be great back in L1. At 33 it may suit him. If he chooses to take a better offer then he goes with my blessing and would hopefully free some funds for fresh talent.

4 hours ago, itzdrk said:

I've heard folk from all over use it "punters pay their money" etc 

McCall's favourite phrase - "need to get the punters back to Somerset". 

56 minutes ago, TheRoundO said:

I would say it would be a big blow to lose out on re signing one of the undoubtedly best PT players in the country - he could be a huge player for us and the club going forward even if it was only for 2/3 seasons. Guys like him are important to the fans and for new players coming in cause he knows what it’s all about. 

So aye it would be bad - but if he was to go to Falkirk then I would say fair play, it could be a good move for him personally, maybe one last crack at trying to get to the Prem. If it was to another PT team it would be very disappointing 

32 minutes ago, TheRoundO said:

Other than that memorable season he has never been a player to score or assist many goals.

L1 17/18 - P 14 G4 A 1 

L1 18/19 - P 34 G 6 A 4

C 19/20 - P 22 G 3 A 2

C 20/21 - P 26 G 2 A 2

C 21/22 - P 34 G 15 A 8

C 22/23 - P 33 G 4 A 4

C 23/24 - P 22 G 3 A 3 (so far)

Would still be a good player at 33 in L1 and be a big loss to us. But certainly not irreplaceable.

This is why I’m not huge on stats - even away from the season he scored all the goals - he is still a massive part of us going forward with the ball and defending from the front without the ball too. He’s been the driving force of the team 

12 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Are you lot sure it's not Stenny McKenna's signing for? Would be a very strange move to go full time at 33.

We know, not sure what will happen with him but him and McGlynn do like each other a lot and both from Musselburgh. I think he would be a good signing for Falkirk for a couple of years. f**k knows what will happen with him to be honest but I hope he stays.