The Arbroath Thread

6 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Now, now.  No way to treat a near neighbour.  I simply posted tonight to see if those who have repeatedly refused to consider McIntyre has been a poor appointment still feel that way and back him for next season.  Seems reasonable to me.

2 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

What are you on about?  Even on a night when Dundee fans should be celebrating the results of their latest bit of financial malpractice, they are still obsessing over one of their ex-managers.  How tragic. 

So I can’t pop in here for a minute or two?  I appear to be getting a very hostile reaction here.  Just simply seeing if people have changed their mind?

1 minute ago, Tattie36 said:

A few of us, me included thought that it was far too early to judge McIntyre during the very early part of his tenure due to the shit show that he inherited. We were an absolute mess when he arrived and we were all willing to at least give him a chance

However it’s been far far worse than any of us hoped and I’m pretty sure we’re all united now in thinking that his appointment has been a compete disaster.

A very fair assessment I would suggest.

2 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

A few of us, me included thought that it was far too early to judge McIntyre during the very early part of his tenure due to the shit show that he inherited. We were an absolute mess when he arrived and we were all willing to at least give him a chance

However it’s been far far worse than any of us hoped and I’m pretty sure we’re all united now in thinking that his appointment has been a compete disaster.

I don’t think there’s anyone left who’s willing to give him more time.

Don’t look at our social media comments then. The usual bunch are out 

3 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Don’t look at our social media comments then. The usual bunch are out 

Yeah, I try not to as there are some morons on there. Can’t believe the amount of folk that think we should have stuck with Campbell.

2 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Yeah, I try not to as there are some morons on there. Can’t believe the amount of folk that think we should have stuck with Campbell.

“Where’s Ali Adams” is another regular post I see. 

4 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

McIntyre’s Arbroath Record

Played 21
Won 2
Drawn 5
Lost 14
For 18
Against 52

I’ve seen some terrible managers in my time but nothing comes close to this.

It really is mind boggling that he’s still at the club. Yes he inherited a mess but things have arguably got worse the longer he’s been in place, even with all his signings and a full squad to pick from.

He came in when we were on our knees with a very clear aim - to stabilise and fight for survival and he’s failed completely. We have gone down with a whimper.

1 minute ago, Tattie36 said:

I’ve seen some terrible managers in my time but nothing comes close to this.

It really is mind boggling that he’s still at the club. Yes he inherited a mess but things have arguably got worse the longer he’s been in place, even with all his signings and a full squad to pick from.

He came in when we were on our knees with a very clear aim - to stabilise and fight for survival and he’s failed completely. We have gone down with a whimper.

Totally agree with your assessment, time for him to go. 

Will not manage to be at the meeting on Wednesday but I hope it is made clear to the Club that they made a mistake and he should go. 

Everybody can make a mistake but it can take guts to admit it, do so and it will be accepted by the supporters. 

What we do need on Wednesday night is the Chairman to front up proceedings, and honestly and frankly explain the direction of travel. 

Otherwise it's a complete and utter waste of time. 

4 hours ago, DUAFC said:

What we do need on Wednesday night is the Chairman to front up proceedings, and honestly and frankly explain the direction of travel. 

It’s going to be a car crash - couldn’t bring myself to go no matter how much I wanted too

Also kind of absolutely cannot be arsed listening to it right now to be totally honest with you, scunnered of anything football related right now 

7 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Played 21
Won 2
Drawn 5
Lost 14
For 18
Against 52

That second win is an absolute freak of a result too - the odds on that were huge. Bit of class by Bird coming off the bench (who has regularly been on the bench since this 😂) changed the game on its head 

I thought Inverness away was great, Dunfermline the week after was superb but we ended up drawing that in the 90th minute after the madness - even the week after the fight was there when we clawed back the draw away to Raith with Adams scoring….. the back to back pumpings from United and Thistle were shite, then there was the week we made all our signings and there was some positivity going forward, all the injuries happened against Ayr at home and it’s been disastrous ever since after that - baw well and truly burst 

9 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

I came on here a good while back saying that it was a bad appointment and that McIntyre would do nothing to improve the club - especially with regards to the team bonding that is so important.  Everyone on here will know who they are but there were regular posters on here that repeatedly refused to acknowledge it was in any way McIntyre’s fault and that he was placed in an impossible situation.

I wonder if they will finally acknowledge they were wrong about him?  Alternatively I assume they still have faith in him turning this around next season? 

No faith, but I still think it’s too early to tell.

7 hours ago, DUAFC said:

Is there going to be a live stream or is that against the principle of not being allowed an opinion if you can’t be there? 😜

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

That second win is an absolute freak of a result too - the odds on that were huge. Bit of class by Bird coming off the bench (who has regularly been on the bench since this 😂) changed the game on its head 

I thought Inverness away was great, Dunfermline the week after was superb but we ended up drawing that in the 90th minute after the madness - even the week after the fight was there when we clawed back the draw away to Raith with Adams scoring….. the back to back pumpings from United and Thistle were shite, then there was the week we made all our signings and there was some positivity going forward, all the injuries happened against Ayr at home and it’s been disastrous ever since after that - baw well and truly burst 

Yup. That game against Ayr where we lost 3 defenders to injury and left us with 1 defender yet again. Next game away to Ayr we had 1 defender out of of 15 players. Then away to Morton we had 1 defender out of 13 players.

Those 3 games was turning point where we started to fall apart. We get through those 3 games with no injuries and got ToB, Walker etc match fitness up (even if we still had the same results) and use the 3 week break to work on overall fitness and squad morale then we would have gone into the rest of the season in a much stronger position. Having ToB fully fit each week would have given us some solidity at the back. Also Delaney, Walker, Hammy too.

But we were back to trying to scrape a defence together during Ayr and Morton away. Nothing in the tank and a very weak bench. Squad shape and tactics just fucked. Then the 3 week window we are back trying to nurse players back and bringing in Teale to help the defence.

Going into the game v Dunfermline with 6 players just back from injury. hoping to get through 90mins unscathed on that horrendous pitch. ToB gets 90 mins but breaks his hand which rules him out for weeks. From then on we are trying to get players back to match fitness and play better but each week you can see the players heads are down which makes it all the more harder to get results. 

Rest of this season has just been a slow march to relegation as we have lacked fitness to key players, too many individual errors, not enough quality to win games and team morale lower than a snakes balls. 

10 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Played 21
Won 2
Drawn 5
Lost 14
For 18
Against 52

Do we think the board are actually aware of that record? Or are they too busy with their heads buried in the sand? It’s gross negligence on their behalf to allow the manager to continue in his role. Saying that these are the same individuals who allowed a staff member to tarnish the entire support with lies about death threats and continue to be employed by the club.