The Arbroath Thread

4 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Sorry to see you go would much prefer a QP who are just another bankrolled team or the Pars.

Tbf, so would we

Keep refreshing the page hoping to see he is gone......

There is surely no way he can survive this,

Everyone would give him a chance and time if there was signs or performances that gave us something to be hopeful of, Unfortunately he has made a bigger mess of the mess we were in and he has given nothing to show he can be trusted or have the ability to fix it

Edited by lichtiekev

11 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

Everyone would give him a chance and time if there was signs or performances that gave us something to be hopeful of, Unfortunately he has made a bigger mess of the mess we were in and he had given nothing to show he can be trusted or had the ability to fix it

Me also

25 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Sorry to see you go would much prefer a QP who are just another bankrolled team or the Pars.

Given QP's performances in the last few games you might just get your wish, if not this season, then most probably next without some serious surgery, but thank you for thinking of us anyhoo.

Again, like most others, sorry to see Arbroath head down.  All the very best for next season and wishing you guys a speedy return.

17 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

Everyone would give him a chance and time if there was signs or performances that gave us something to be hopeful of, Unfortunately he has made a bigger mess of the mess we were in and he has given nothing to show he can be trusted or have the ability to fix it

Iv been told the chairman is on holiday so I wouldn’t expect an announcement.

No idea of that’s true of course 

1 hour ago, SimonLichtie said:

Seems my previous comment was rather poorly put across... I'm beginning to make a habit of it....:lol:

What I'm trying to get at is I find it bizarre coming on here to find out how were playing/ who's playing well/ badly, comments on tactics etc. from people who aren't at the game and can't possibly know these things. Having a go at boruc etc. For example when he's actually playing really well, but we've conceded several goals so the assumption is made he's been dreadful.

I am absolutely not, and would never mean to have a go at anyone for not being able to attend a football match due to finances or family commitments. I assumed that as a given, which I shouldn't have. :). Also previous post wasn't aimed at any individual, no offense meant to anyone.

Maybe I just made a needless comment about a mild annoyance of mine when we were, yet again, being easily beaten as frustration got the better of me....

We know Simon x

To be honest I’ve prioritised other things over the football, mainly because I hate watching football when it’s not competitive - we have been down for ages 

Spent day in pub in Forfar with family and very happy about my decision to 

But I can tell we’ve absolutely given up the ghost we are getting shagged rotten, it’s quite impressive at how bad we are being 

I thought today was absolutely what we've come to know and expect this calendar year. We simply cannot put in a full 90 minute performance due to a lack of fitness, lack of cohesion, lack of confidence and ultimately a lack of quality. We're able to play relatively well in 10/ 15 minute spells but two decent 10 minute spells in a 90 minute game leaves 70 minutes where you're chasing the ball about and picking it out the net every so often.

Our back line is incredibly weak as it has been for months with the back line being individuals as opposed to a unit due to lack of game time together and we have nobody in midfield with any physicality. We definitely have at 10 players in the squad who are proven league 1 quality and are keepable, but we have to add the right type of players to what we have. 

'positives' from today would be another good performance from innes Murray as he gets fitter, Aaron Steele returning and getting some minutes before the end of the season and boruc making 3/4 superb saves.

2 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Cheers. We look forward to it.

I actually do look forward to it 

I’m not overly in to McIntyre but I am happy watching Arbroath knowing we may well go down a pub league or maybe win a pub league 

👍🏻

A nice day in the sunshine at Somerset Park. We started well and could easily have been ahead if we’d taken our chances. The dodgy penalty started a collapse and it went downhill from there.

As Simon has already said, we were bettered in every area. Outmuscled, outplayed and outclassed. The midfield especially was overpowered. Murphy and Mitonda, both international players were impressive. 
Our best defenders, ToB Hammy and Ricky were sitting with the Lichtie fans which was good to see.

It’s fortunate that we have so few players signed for next season as I really think we need a massive squad overhaul if we’re to compete in L1.

3 hours ago, SimonLichtie said:

It's so weird to me that people sit at home every week commenting on how were playing and talking about how annoyed/ angry they are.... Why not come along to the game?! :blink:

One of the best comments made on this forum in recent times 

21 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Off you pop to the pub league, with your tinpot manager, you're rightful place.

Canna even grieve in peace, now off you pop, you no got a top 6 to celebrate?

3 hours ago, glasgowlichtie23 said:

This is dire dire stuff. Looking forward to the ‘Meet the Gaffer’

Was one your fans on Facebook going mental at me because I posted about how it will be pre prepared questions. I hope the guy has a ticket as angry he was getting with me he’ll be box office is he goes to it 

3 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Well some people might not live nearby.  Some people might not have the money.  Some people might be able to afford a stream, but not to attend.  Some people might have childcare or other family commitments.  Some people might just be following along on the radio as they are working.  There are countless reasons why people might not be at the game, but are annoyed.  Some people might just not want to watch week after week of meek surrender.

I have to agree. Like to go to take in games as a neutral when my team is playing away. Arbroath being a short trip down on the train is a usual choice. £21 to watch what is being served up at the moment on top of train tickets, food and drink I can see why so many who are proper supporters of the club are refusing to pay and spend money else where 

Just now, ecto said:

Canna even grieve in peace, now off you pop, you no got a top 6 to celebrate?

A top 6 earned with financial malpractice.  Evidently chosen to blow their money on wages rather than do the bare minimum on their stadium.