The Arbroath Thread

3 hours ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

Heard Stenny midfielder Jordan Kirkpatrick (him that scored the goal when Darvel beat Aberdeen FC) has moved to Tayside with his work and is hoping Arbroath FC makes a move for him (this comes from one of his best mates that i work with).

Hopefully an Arbroath FC employee reads this and passes this info onto JMc.  

Kirkpatrick runs the Dundee branch of black rooster , Mick Kennedy’s chicken shop 

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

32 and spent most of the season on the bench at Stenny think we should maybe be aiming a bit higher especially when we’ve already got 4 players who can play out wide 

Hoping we get a really good winger in as our last one 

For the record, he was rotten the last time he was in league 1.

23 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

Kirkpatrick runs the Dundee branch of black rooster , Mick Kennedy’s chicken shop 

EK then maybe 

21 minutes ago, May Rckinnon said:

For the record, he was rotten the last time he was in league 1.

Aye no up to it for me - he’s got talent but bit chubby and old to be a good winger in L1 now surely.

Would be a no bad signing for L2 maybe end up at Forfar

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

EK then maybe 

Aye no up to it for me - he’s got talent but bit chubby and old to be a good winger in L1 now surely.

Am sure Jim Weir signed JK at Forfar last time around from Alloa,I'd take him as a squad player if he was looking for a team around this area.But as other's have mentioned his best years are past him.

12 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

He was chronic last time round & only looked moderately competent when Hilson & then later Doris were on the park. Hasn't even looked up to much against forfar this season. Doubt he cares, he's got that chicken man money.

On 18/04/2024 at 08:55, Lichtie78 said:

Not sure what TOBs fitness situation is but I’d be resting him for the remaining games regardless. Seems like he’s not been fit since the end of 21/22.

Yes but I’d also be worried about throwing Steele into every game for 90 minutes as he’s just come back from a long term injury. So Ricky and Teale to start then. 

7 hours ago, glasgowlichtie23 said:

Just me that would find it hilarious if we get absolutely turned over vs morton and qp and ICT go down on gd? Would probably f**k us long term with league 1 being tougher but just for the Drunken Ferguson outrage it would be well worth it

Would suspect it would be short lived and he’d be nowhere near them next season anyway so I would rather that’s the end of it personally 

7 hours ago, glasgowlichtie23 said:

Just me that would find it hilarious if we get absolutely turned over vs morton and qp and ICT go down on gd? Would probably f**k us long term with league 1 being tougher but just for the Drunken Ferguson outrage it would be well worth it

Just you.

Looking forward to a Saturday when we actually win a game.

Imagine if we didn’t have that purple patch in September? Would barely have been in double figures.

Sorry but I’m still very much in the McIntyre out camp.

Jmac obviously not getting binned off so no point repeating yourselves.

tbh today i thought we were a lot better. Apart from 5-10 min cluster f**k. Didn’t really see 1st goal but I thought boruc could easily swept up the 2nd by coming out to it. 

clear to see who’s in managers plans by players selected from start and subs imo 

7 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Looking forward to a Saturday when we actually win a game.

Imagine if we didn’t have that purple patch in September? Would barely have been in double figures.

Sorry but I’m still very much in the McIntyre out camp.

So am I, only 2 subs made today

2 minutes ago, SmokeyJoe said:

Jmac obviously not getting binned off so no point repeating yourselves.

tbh today i thought we were a lot better. Apart from 5-10 min cluster f**k. Didn’t really see 1st goal but I thought boruc could easily swept up the 2nd by coming out to it. 

clear to see who’s in managers plans by players selected from start and subs imo 

Aye what’s the point banging on about McIntytre leaving now - meaningless football match for us playing against a team trying to secure their safety. He’s here to stay next year so give him a chance to build his team 

His summer signings and the competitive games next year when they start are the only important things going forward now after Wednesday

A decent effort today and we could easily have taken the points.

No shortage of effort and commitment from the players and plenty of motivation from the bench. Nice to see Mikey score. Hope he stays.

I understand the who’s in the plans and who isn’t thing but getting a goal back and then not sticking Bird on just makes you question why we bothered going today or why they even named subs. Like at least look interested in getting something from it. Not sure how fit Norey is but would like to see him get a chance before the end of the season as he’s shown decent glimpses.

We got some joy - and a goal second half by actually clipping the ball over their defence and getting them turned towards their own goal but stopped doing it as soon as we scored which is frustrating.

I’m not expecting flawless silky football every week but yikes most of the first touches today were shocking.