The Arbroath Thread

1 hour ago, ellichtie said:

Unironically my favourite ever Arbroath player behind Bobby Linn. Couldn’t play fitba to save his life but watching him poleaxe every striker in League 2 made my weekends as a teenager.

Bone first…..ball second 

1 hour ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

He must be up there at the top of the yellow/red card list in the SPFL.

Just SPFL stats.

League 1 - 93 games. 30 yellow cards and 1 straight red card

League 2 - 145 games. 44 yellow cards, 3 leading to a red card. 2 straight red cards.

Defo a dirty b*****d.

Notice ICT Goalkeeper Mark Ridgers is now looking for a club after the mess of his current club now that he is out of contract.

A Goalie i have always rated, very experienced and a player i would deffo welcome to our club.

Only issue is he is from the Inverness area and stays up there so unless he moves a long way to travel for games and training etc..

37 minutes ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

Notice ICT Goalkeeper Mark Ridgers is now looking for a club after the mess of his current club now that he is out of contract.

A Goalie i have always rated, very experienced and a player i would deffo welcome to our club.

Only issue is he is from the Inverness area and stays up there so unless he moves a long way to travel for games and training etc..

Aye you’d think there is absolutely no chance of him coming - listened to a podcast with him talking about the current contract situation he’s in in regards to hearing nothing from the club and he’s Inverness born and bred. For part time football I’m not sure it could possibly even work if we are training in Edinburgh and tbh I imagine it’ll be quite hard for him to get a club if Inverness don’t make him an acceptable offer to return.

You would think a part time club up that way or a FT gig as a back up keeper at Ross County are his only real options.

A week till pre season starts. I don’t imagine we’d be wanting to start with only 13 players and no goalies so you’d hope that we will see some movement soon.

Sure a few clubs are already back doing pre season with limited squads so next 2 weeks should see a lot of signings at various clubs across the board. 

Players will have been on holiday and mulling over offers etc but you’d have to imagine they themselves would want to be sorted out soon.

1 hour ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

Was Ridgers not really dodgy during the ICT playoff games with Accies - think he was woeful for at least two goals.

4 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Was Ridgers not really dodgy during the ICT playoff games with Accies - think he was woeful for at least two goals.

Ridgers is finished from what Iv seen of him the last couple of seasons. I wouldn’t have confidence In him if he was our new number 1 

2 hours ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

Oh no, he’s done, he cannot be the level of our ambition 

2 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

Ridgers only seemed to play well against us. The amount of clangers I’ve seen him have, it always amazed that he never put a foot… or glove wrong against us.

Add us to the list. Always did well against us. Past it or not, I'm glad he won't be lining up against us for Caley. 

35 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Add us to the list. Always did well against us. Past it or not, I'm glad he won't be lining up against us for Caley. 

Mibbees could be with  another League 1 club tho. 

27 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Mibbees could be with  another League 1 club tho. 

You'd imagine Cove would be the only realistic move for him. Unless he plans to relocate I suppose. 

16 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

You'd imagine Cove would be the only realistic move for him. Unless he plans to relocate I suppose. 

I mean that’s still a long long drive. 2 and a half hours on google maps one way every day, 5 hour round trip… although I appreciate it is quarter past 5 when I am looking.