The Arbroath Thread

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

Hoti away. He was bang average at best 

So is that 6 in and 6 out? So what squad size are we on at the moment 19/20?

Definitely need more players in to cover for injury/illness/suspension. Don’t want to see a situation again like the QP game just before Christmas where we had 3 outfield players on the bench. That was amateur af.

Edited by Tattie36

Think there could be 1-2 more incoming signings - I don’t think that’s us finished yet.

DC will want a bigger squad with more options , competition for places and cover for suspensions and injury.

Nicky Lowe has a few options , resolve his differences with Arbroath, return to Kelly or perhaps Arbroath move him along in a player exchange - the other option is he gets sold before his contract expires in May 2023.

5 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

Think there could be 1-2 more incoming signings - I don’t think that’s us finished yet.

DC will want a bigger squad with more options , competition for places and cover for suspensions and injury.

Nicky Lowe has a few options , resolve his differences with Arbroath, return to Kelly or perhaps Arbroath move him along in a player exchange - the other option is he gets sold before his contract expires in May 2023.

Nicky Low can only play for yourselves or Kelty this season. These are his only two options unless he fancies dropping below the SPFL.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Nicky Low can only play for yourselves or Kelty this season. These are his only two options unless he fancies dropping below the SPFL.

Well he is back with us at the moment and apparently been at training this week as his loan deal ended with Kelty on Monday 🇱🇻⚽️ I really hope he stays with us until the end of season as it would be a huge boost, Just an excellent player and he can really play his part in helping us stay in the Championship 🤩

Edited by 36-0 Maroon

5 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

So is that 6 in and 6 out? So what squad size are we on at the moment 19/20?

Definitely need more players in to cover for injury/illness/suspension. Don’t want to see a situation again like the QP game just before Christmas where we had 3 outfield players on the bench. That was amateur af.

This is why I was surprised we didnt keep Fosu.  We need cover.  If I was Dick, I would scout and desperately sign the best part time centre back and full back in league 1, because our centre backs have been creaky and unreliable this year, and they could do with a rest.

We need to bring in more than we let go.

56 minutes ago, 36-0 Maroon said:

he is back with us at the moment and apparently been at training this week

Hopefully Arbroath  can find a way to settle their differences with Nicky until the end of the season.

This would be a smart move by DC - returning to Gayfield could be a win-win for everyone.

I know we are probably overloaded with midfielders but i think it might have been worth a punt in signing ex-Red Lichtie star Miko Virtanen when he left Hamilton.

I noticed he has signed for rivals Cove Rangers.

I know he was not great in his 2nd loan spell with us and not a clue what happened with him at Hamilton but in his first spell with us he was superb and the exact type of central defence midfielder we are looking for, he is still young a big presence on the pitch and can also pass a ball.

Whatever happened to him he has not turned into a bad player overnight.

C'Mon the Red Lichties.

10 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Clyde? 😇

35 minutes ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

I know we are probably overloaded with midfielders but i think it might have been worth a punt in signing ex-Red Lichtie star Miko Virtanen when he left Hamilton.

I noticed he has signed for rivals Cove Rangers.

I know he was not great in his 2nd loan spell with us and not a clue what happened with him at Hamilton but in his first spell with us he was superb and the exact type of central defence midfielder we are looking for, he is still young a big presence on the pitch and can also pass a ball.

Whatever happened to him he has not turned into a bad player overnight.

C'Mon the Red Lichties.

Miko was great in his first spell with us . Not so in the second loan. Do we want to risk signing a player who Hamilton are happy to release?

Has there been a change in Low's circumstances that he can now train in perth and travel to Arbroath? quite bizarre if we take him back when we have bolstered our midfield with Hetherington, Balde etc yet he was loaned out when we needed him most.

I don't think he will play for us again, its either an extension at Kelty or we release him

I’m conflicted re Nicky Low.

On the one hand - he was brilliant for us and always gave 100%, and we’ve definitely suffered with his absence. From a purely football perspective, I would have him back in a heartbeat.

On the other hand - (even though we will probably never know the full story), the whole toys oot the pram, trying to engineer a move after signing a contract has left a nasty taste, no matter who was in the wrong.

Would be astonished if we see him play for us again.

36 minutes ago, timlichtie said:

I’d like to see him sitting on our bench.

Football careers are short. He needs to get back playing.

The worst thing for him as a player would be for both sides to dig their heels in. Something has to give, either he stays with us (unlikely) or we put him back to Kelty and move him on in the summer.

I can’t help thinking that he’s fecked what’s left of his career. Would Morton even want or need him now? And who wants to sign a player with a questionable attitude?

Surely a compromise could have been reached months ago - either honour your contract and play out the season or if a team stumps up the cash then we’ll sell you for a fee, but won’t necessarily sell you to a direct competitor while under contract.

Edited by Tattie36