The Arbroath Thread

31 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

Thanks for all the memories, the best player I have seen in Arbroath shirt bar none. 

His phone will be red hot even at his age which sums him up. 

Think the decision was so that he could spend more time with his young family too so expect him to sign for a Dundee junior side and tear it up locally every week

After the initial news coming as somewhat expected I have to say I am pretty emotional after it sinking in a wee bit. Just a great guy. Agree that a Bobby Linn dinner or whatever with someone interviewing him and a few guest talkers would sell out in no time. 

9 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

After the initial news coming as somewhat expected I have to say I am pretty emotional after it sinking in a wee bit. Just a great guy. Agree that a Bobby Linn dinner or whatever with someone interviewing him and a few guest talkers would sell out in no time. 

Yeah, hope they can do something. His testimonial match was badly planned - wrong time of the season, a day after a terrible result at Cove etc. definitely kept the attendance down. he really deserves a proper send-off.

I think the timing is right, to be honest.

I'm glad he got the chance to perform against Hamilton rather than have a couple of iffy displays against Cove and Partick to leave us on.

He leaves with great memories, the free kick to complete his hat-trick at Station Park is one of my all-time favourites.

33 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

If you hold a dinner it will fill up with sponsors/hangers on. They need to do something for the real supporters. Children included

22 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Yeah, hope they can do something. His testimonial match was badly planned - wrong time of the season, a day after a terrible result at Cove etc. definitely kept the attendance down. he really deserves a proper send-off.

Testimonial game was a let down. Should have been against a team who would bring a decent support. Not a bunch of Bobbys old teammates 

I've got tears in my eyes posting this.....

As well as a great player and having loyalty you just don't see any more, Bobby had a genuine touch of class about him.

Just wish he'd been treated a bit more fairly this past season. 

9 minutes ago, Anotherlichtie said:

If you hold a dinner it will fill up with sponsors/hangers on. They need to do something for the real supporters. Children included

Surely there’s something that can be done, not sure where or what capacity would be suitable but it’s something Paul Reid could sort out. Would sell out not a problem no matter where it was.

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Surely there’s something that can be done, not sure where or what capacity would be suitable but it’s something Paul Reid could sort out. Would sell out not a problem no matter where it was.

And I agree with you. But what I’m saying is let’s not make it a dinner style event. They can only be attended by individuals who can afford it and usually are adults only. 

Something as simple as an event at Gayfield in the summer. Get the Arbroath supporters down to Gayfield and he can walk into the park for the last time to a thunderous ovation. Then fans come on to thank him, get photographs or autographs. 

44 minutes ago, Anotherlichtie said:

Testimonial game was a let down. Should have been against a team who would bring a decent support. Not a bunch of Bobbys old teammates 

It’s the game that Bobby requested 

Brilliant player for us and will be missed on and off the park. I'm sure we will see him play again at Ricky's testimonial next season. 

Will have a good couple of enjoyable years at the juniors I would think. 

Hopefully there can be a presentation like Swankie had after he hung up his boots at least. 

The best player I’ve ever seen play in the maroon and white, a total legend and a great guy aswell. Responsible for some of my favourite moments supporting Arbroath, scored nothing but belters.

Genuinely deserves a statue and I hope he never has to open his wallet in Arbroath ever again.

Cheers for all the memories Bobby.

Bobby gave us great moments over the years, single handedly saved our arses numerous times and a joy to watch. As previously mentioned probably the most well known name in the lower leagues due to his longevity and produce in goals/ assists. Such an exciting player to watch, every time he had the ball you knew something would happen. A massive presence lost from the club. an AFC legend. 

Paul Sheerin probably didn't know how big a favour he did for Arbroath FC when he signed Bobby Linn, but thank goodness he did sign him.

Bobby Linn, for 10 years of brightening up Saturday afternoons (and the odd Friday night) thank you. Thank you for the memories. 

You will be more than welcome at Gayfield anytime.

Edited by SotesBornalichtie

Bobby was outstanding in his last game at Gayfield - running circles round guys who were 15 years younger.

Its a real damper to think he has left the club - I think he could have played another year at this level.

His place in the history books is secure - one of Arbroath’s all time greats.

I wish him all the best and every success and agree some event (rather than men in suits at dinner tables ) should be held for everyone to show their appreciation for his 10 years of service to Arbroath.