The Arbroath Thread

I actually think I like the home kit now after originally thinking it was absolutely stinking… but I think it’s cause I’ve looked at the away kit for that long that it looks nice 

Home looks like maroon and red stripes. Just bizarre but passable. 

The away…. If it was white (without the badge thing) it would probably be decent but it does kind of look like socks your grandad would wear which I saw somebody comment 

Was hoping to get a top this year too cause last year we had two beauties but unsure. Also the training gear last year was very smart. This years is terrible 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Fixed the issue with the kits - this is how the new home kit could have looked.

We have have had the colour sky blue on the club's crest for a long time, but can't recall the last time the colour was used on the kit - so thought I'd address this.

There is also a yellow on the club's crest, but this never seems to get used ?

I prefer the traditional kits, unfortunately I don't think the new look kits will inspire the players !

Arbroath FC top.jpg

1 hour ago, afc_36_0 said:

I think the tayblast sponsored kits from the mid 90s is the last (and maybe only) time I remember sky blue on one of our kits

Was Tayblast before the Perimax Diana kits?  I've still got the white Perimax away shirt somewhere, and I'm sure that had blue on it.  

14 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Was Tayblast before the Perimax Diana kits?  I've still got the white Perimax away shirt somewhere, and I'm sure that had blue on it.  

Yeah tayblast kits were about 93-94, i think the windmill hotel kit was 96ish then perimax was after that but i might be wrong

Edited by afc_36_0

2 hours ago, afc_36_0 said:

Yeah tayblast kits were about 93-94, i think the windmill hotel kit was 96ish then perimax was after that but i might be wrong

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Arbroath/Arbroath.htm

This link is brilliant mate 🇱🇻🔥⚽️ You are correct. It’s crazy how much loved the Tayblast & Windmill tops were and the fact it’s in our badge and going by how crazy popular the sky blue and maroon zip up hoodies were you would have thought the club would have done something like that with the kits

Edited by 36-0 Maroon

Anyone else worried about what’s happening in Scottish football? That’s now Albion Rovers gone, 5 established teams out of the league since relegation was introduced and I can’t see any of them getting back in anytime soon… if ever.

Ok, you can argue that teams like Shire and Rovers have been makeweights for years but it’s not really that long ago that Rovers were promoted with us to L1. Also Berwick and Cowden have beaten us to titles not that long ago and we all know where Brechin and Cowdenbeath were within the last decade.

It really scares me, all a team needs (including us) is 2 or 3 bad seasons and that’s it.

4 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Anyone else worried about what’s happening in Scottish football? That’s now Albion Rovers gone, 5 established teams out of the league since relegation was introduced and I can’t see any of them getting back in anytime soon… if ever.

Ok, you can argue that teams like Shire and Rovers have been makeweights for years but it’s not really that long ago that Rovers were promoted with us to L1. Also Berwick and Cowden have beaten us to titles not that long ago and we all know where Brechin and Cowdenbeath were within the last decade.

It really scares me, all a team needs (including us) is 2 or 3 bad seasons and that’s it.

Not really, I see your point but there has to be a consequence for being the worst team in the leagues and likewise there has to be a reward for winning the highland/lowland league.

32 minutes ago, afc_36_0 said:

Not really, I see your point but there has to be a consequence for being the worst team in the leagues and likewise there has to be a reward for winning the highland/lowland league.

I agree that teams shouldn’t just be allowed to tread water without consequence (e.g. Shire and to extent Rovers) but that argument can’t be used for Berwick and particularly Cowdenbeath and Brechin who’ve both done very well in the not very distant past.

36 minutes ago, Housecaptain said:

Saw Spartans v Albion Rovers last week and think Reilly the Rovers left winger would be a good signing for us , tall and powerful player and has not signed for Dundee as has been previously reported.

Not signed?