The Arbroath Thread

9 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

The Hetherington thing is a bit baflfing, if he has signed with us long term, not sure why it hasnt been announced

It was said that we already had 13 players signed for this season in the courier article last week - who would they be? 

Gaston

Little

ToB

Hamilton

Gold

Allan

Dow

Balde 

McKenna

Shanks

Are the only ones who I’m confident of - would the other 3 be Hilson, Stewart and Hetherington?

Pretty sure Jacobs was only a one year deal 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Re Bobby Linn. I noticed last night that Wullie Gibson is still playing for Annan. At nearly 39 he still looked as fit as a fiddle and giving 100% as usual.

Really hope Linn changes his mind and gives us one last season. He could then continue in the juniors for a season or two after.

Having said that, after the way he was treated, I wouldn’t be surprised if he just thinks “feck it, I'm off to play every week, turn defenders inside oot at will and enjoy myself without the pressure”.

The best of the best.

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Before the Partick game I had heard he was away to retire but was hopeful that he would maybe change his mind after the way the season ended and if he was promised some more game time. 

The guy is genuinely probably the biggest club legend I’ll ever see in my lifetime. What a player and what a guy, the fact he’s a local laddie too makes it better for some reason. Hero 

Cracking player on his day, could easy still play League 1 or 2 week in week out. Noticed Dougie Cameron and Johnny Smart are at lochee now so can see him going their as he is good mates with Smart and all would have played at East Fife together.

1 hour ago, Tattie36 said:

Re Bobby Linn. I noticed last night that Wullie Gibson is still playing for Annan. At nearly 39 he still looked as fit as a fiddle and giving 100% as usual.

Really hope Linn changes his mind and gives us one last season. He could then continue in the juniors for a season or two after.

Having said that, after the way he was treated, I wouldn’t be surprised if he just thinks “feck it, I'm off to play every week, turn defenders inside oot at will and enjoy myself without the pressure”.

The best of the best.

Isn’t Gibson the manager ? 

9 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

We've bounced about the same league as Arbroath for the best part of five or six years and he's always been a player who you knew could be absolutely unplayable. He's probably been the most recognised part time player in the country for a good while. 

And most recognised Bin Man

Ultimately, who can blame him?

It was made very apparent that the management thought Deri Corfe (or the bench) was a better option than he was, even though he had been by far our biggest threat early in the season.

Why would he want to stay after that treatment.

He’ll be able to enjoy the rest of his career in the juniors without the pressure - play every week and tie full backs in knots.

Edited by Tattie36