The Arbroath Thread

7 minutes ago, DUAFC said:

Hope you're right.

The cynic in me thinks his head has been turned,  hope I'm very wrong. 

What I heard too and it’s as reliable a source as you could get - maybe he will sign maybe he won’t but we’ve tried to get him here anyway

First half very good nothing in the game,  Stowe and Steele very good,  Alan was much better too, McIntosh again was fine even with the penalty miss, 

Dundee had better of 2nd half with more chances after all our changes, Big Striker struggled again for me and the game passed by the new midfielder,  Definitely need someone else in there, 

I hope we will sign Bird  and hopefully a left back, midfielder and a another winger,

Much better and more positive performance 

Edited by lichtiekev

Think we needed a test against a better side to bring the best out in ourselves and we played a much more settled line up and our usual formation. Extremely unlucky goal to lose too. First half. Second half a bit more unorganised after changes and change to shape 

Thought Dundee were good and so much pace on wings - McCowan / Tiffoney / Rudden and Robinson better than anything that’ll be in Championship this year 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Impressed by you guys. It’s probably been asked a million times but what’s the situation with O’Brien? He can easily play Premiership.  We were missing a couple tonight, the two New Mexican signings will join up next week, and apparently still looking for a couple more signings. Hopefully a good season for us both ahead. No reason why you won’t be challenging further up the table.  Good attendance as well!

8 hours ago, Liam899 said:

Impressed by you guys. It’s probably been asked a million times but what’s the situation with O’Brien? He can easily play Premiership.  We were missing a couple tonight, the two New Mexican signings will join up next week, and apparently still looking for a couple more signings. Hopefully a good season for us both ahead. No reason why you won’t be challenging further up the table.  Good attendance as well!

TOB has a well paid job outside football and is no doubt one of our top earners as well. Big risk for him to go full time. Plus he’s 31 now IIRC 

New boy Norey did looked decent. Didnt do anything wrong and looked composed on the ball. 

Turan didnt do an awful lot. Couple of decent touches but nothing threating in the box. 2nd half we were very flat and touches in the box were limited so not surprised. Struggle to see him starting games though.

Steele looks like he has been at the club for years. Great addition to the squad.

Stowe did a good job. Great job at winning the penalty. 

Still need a few more players.

Trialist last night played a full season in Scottish Prem just 3 years ago and is only 30 years old - I’m all for it - real life football players who have been at real life football clubs 

Hopefully Bird signs and tbh wouldn’t mind the guy above signing either 

15 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Trialist last night played a full season in Scottish Prem just 3 years ago and is only 30 years old - I’m all for it - real life football players who have been at real life football clubs 

Hopefully Bird signs and tbh wouldn’t mind the guy above signing either 

Guy got a name?

Very good first half against a decent Dundee team - think Stowe will soon become a fans favourite with his ability to take on defenders and open up defences.

Our defence looked very strong and reliable - very dependable with Steele fitting in well.

Midfield also looked good - Scott Allan needs a few more games, but was looking good last night.

McIntosh looked sharp up front, shame he missed the penalty.

We lost our flair in the second half - Balde played really well, but the subs never really worked ( no one's fault, just need more time for some players to settle).

Very promising for the new season - if Bird signs we would have an impressive squad, with still a few loan players to join in August.

Should be a good gauge on Saturday of where both teams are at going into the competitive fixtures next week.

Will be interesting to see how Stowe does as he always seemed to do well for our academy before it was shut down.

34 minutes ago, Anotherlichtie said:

Stowe looks as close to a Bobby Linn replacement as we could have hoped for. Desperately need a left sided defender. Scott Stewart caught your too many times in the 1st half 

Said the same to my pal at the game yesterday about Stewart. Caught too far up the park at times. I think if we played Wing backs he would be the perfect fit 

1 minute ago, FFC 1876 said:

Should be a good gauge on Saturday of where both teams are at going into the competitive fixtures next week.

Will be interesting to see how Stowe does as he always seemed to do well for our academy before it was shut down.

I dunno it’s just a friendly - Stowe last night and Steele were the big takeaways for me. Both worked well together defensively, Steele couldn’t be more similar to Jason Thomson if he tried. Stowe seems to get up to a very quick pace, lure defenders in and then take it up another gear. Dundee had a lot of pace in their side last night but I’d back Stowe against any of them the guys lightning quick. 

15 hours ago, lichtiekev said:

First half very good nothing in the game,  Stowe and Steele very good,  Alan was much better too, McIntosh again was fine even with the penalty miss, 

Dundee had better of 2nd half with more chances after all our changes, Big Striker struggled again for me and the game passed by the new midfielder,  Definitely need someone else in there, 

I hope we will sign Bird  and hopefully a left back, midfielder and a another winger,

Much better and more positive performance 

Mind Slater to still come in and make his debut 🇱🇻🔥💪 Lots of folk raving about him and likening him to a better version of Nicky Low, Jess looks like he has loads of potential too and has already been compared to Falky and Chris Hamilton due to his battling qualities and composure and passing of the ball so in time that could really be a fantastic and exciting partnership to look forward too

Getting Jay Bird in and possibly Mason Hancock back as cover at left back until Hammy returns really would be the icing on the cake with the Prem loans adding the finishes touches, Really excited about the squad this season compared to last season and loads of reasons to optimistic. Scotty Allan just one of many who looks like he is slowly getting back to his best 🤙🏻