The Arbroath Thread

8 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

His set pieces this season have been rather woeful.

I couldn't watch today's game, but nothing that's been said has been any surprise.  We don't have the players for 4-4-2, and I can't believe Slater is still taking set pieces.  He has been consistently woeful at them since he signed.

I'm gutted to lose our Morton record, this must be how Inverness felt when we finally managed to beat them.

Board have to give Jim an open cheque book, to play with, goal is to stay in div 1, I’m sure we’ve got a wad in the bank, so signing pros, won’t be without our budget. Todays game, why the fukk would you give an opposition support to the terrace when they have a covered seat in the terrace, they choose to stand in the rain, they had a seat available, going round to the “switchie end” with home support might have helped to suck the ball in, when we go to cappilow (spelling) we get the stand under cover, but no choice to stand on terrace behind goals, board get a grip and look after home fans first, then if space available offer to away fans.

10 minutes ago, Broath Boy said:

Board have to give Jim an open cheque book, to play with, goal is to stay in div 1, I’m sure we’ve got a wad in the bank, so signing pros, won’t be without our budget. Todays game, why the fukk would you give an opposition support to the terrace when they have a covered seat in the terrace, they choose to stand in the rain, they had a seat available, going round to the “switchie end” with home support might have helped to suck the ball in, when we go to cappilow (spelling) we get the stand under cover, but no choice to stand on terrace behind goals, board get a grip and look after home fans first, then if space available offer to away fans.

Shut up you utter weapon. There was more Morton fans than seats available in the main stand, and anyone expecting folk to stand out in the open in that weather when there’s a perfectly good roof for cover available is an absolute c*nt. 

6 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Shut up you utter weapon. There was more Morton fans than seats available in the main stand, and anyone expecting folk to stand out in the open in that weather when there’s a perfectly good roof for cover available is an absolute c*nt. 

weapon, calm down, nonsense when the official away attendance was approx 150, the away end in the stand holds more, weapon.

Clear as day we are in trouble, We can't play 4-4-2 against Raith with the squad we have available just now,

It's a massive job to fix the confidence and squad and January can't come soon enough, The bench yesterday was massively poor, Was disappointed when Hylton got taken off, was wanting him put out on the wing instead of stuck uo top, 

If we are to stick with the 4-4-2 where does Mckenna play? 

4 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

Clear as day we are in trouble, We can't play 4-4-2 against Raith with the squad we have available just now,

It's a massive job to fix the confidence and squad and January can't come soon enough, The bench yesterday was massively poor, Was disappointed when Hylton got taken off, was wanting him put out on the wing instead of stuck uo top, 

If we are to stick with the 4-4-2 where does Mckenna play? 

Well Hylton will be away, up top with Bird 

Yesterday showed how bare the squad is. The legacy of the previous regime. Which the board has to take some responsibility for, they have the oversight. The players worked hard, but the shape of Morton stopped our passing and the numbers in defence gave no space around the box. We desperately needed some guile, dare I say a Bobby Linn character. But Bobby in his prime and not the nearly forty Bobby he is now. It would be easy to pick fault with players and systems. But they have all played enough games as 442 in their careers to know what is expected. I liked how Jim McIntyre recognises that Scott Stewart is not a full back and put Norey in there. He was solid, bar a shape positional error in the lead up to the first goal. But the terrible pass that exposed his error was not his fault.

The new boss will have seen writ large the size of the task. Finger in the dam during December to build some confidence, then recruitment, recruitment, recruitment.

Ricky left on crutches half way through the second half 

On the back of Friday night's interview you have got to hope that he turned up to the board and said you have weaknesses here, here and here and I've arranged him, him and him to arrive on January 1st. 

I’ve watched a lot of games in the championship and can safely say when you’re battling like hell to stay up and pick up every point possible I don’t think 4-4-2 works. As has been stated, full time fitter and sharper teams will blow us away in yhe middle of the pitch. Hopefully McIntyre sees this. 

Maybe a 4-5-1 formation on Wed with a tight compact defence and the midfield having to work hard with counter attacks on the break ?

Whatever formation, the midfield are going to need to grab the game by the scruff of the neck and win their battles in midfield ( which of course has been an issue all season).

Expect few changes to the starting 11 - but the formation will need a shuffle to avoid a heavy defeat.

39 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

Whatever formation, the midfield are going to need to grab the game by the scruff of the neck and win their battles in midfield ( which of course has been an issue all season).

Agree. This again illustrates what Jim McIntyre is up against. We have 2 midfielders with pace and aggression, McKenna and Balde. One injured, the other out on loan.

36 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

Can only assume Balde was put on loan due to a discipline issue - have heard no rumours, but he is a quality player with potential. He will surely be recalled in January.

Was it not discussed on this thread recently that he had been done for drink driving?