The Arbroath Thread

You know if its under 20s/development squad or the United 1st team?

Probably just be the 20s like last year given we have a pretty decent chance of getting them in the League Cup groups. Murray will probably want to play.

Seen Fleming a few times in the juniors seemed a good goalie surprised to see he has been realeased. Did he not cut it in the seniors?

He was okay overall but when Dick came in he had a few nightmares, some very bad mistakes. Made some fantastic saves and kept us from a few hidings but he gave me the fear at crosses/set-pieces. Decent keeper but we could and hopefully will get better.

Fantastic keeper, best we have had Gayfield in a long time.  Kept 9 clean sheets in 36 league games, which is pretty damn good for a team that finished 2nd bottom.

I think we have made a big mistake getting rid of him.  There aren't a lot of decent keepers out there, never mind ones available for a transfer.

Seen Fleming a few times in the juniors seemed a good goalie surprised to see he has been realeased. Did he not cut it in the seniors?

Fantastic keeper, best we have had Gayfield in a long time. Kept 9 clean sheets in 36 league games, which is pretty damn good for a team that finished 2nd bottom.

I think we have made a big mistake getting rid of him. There aren't a lot of decent keepers out there, never mind ones available for a transfer.

No chance. You only have to go back one season to find a better keeper we've had. David Crawford.

Fantastic keeper, best we have had Gayfield in a long time. Kept 9 clean sheets in 36 league games, which is pretty damn good for a team that finished 2nd bottom.

I think we have made a big mistake getting rid of him. There aren't a lot of decent keepers out there, never mind ones available for a transfer.

Wouldn't say he's 'fantastic'. He had a habit of making one bad mistake a game, giving the opposition the lead, then making a number of great saves afterwards meaning his mistake was forgotten because he kept us in the game.

I think he was a decent keeper and would have liked to keep him but he didn't cover himself in glory when dick took over and that is what the manager is looking at, not the previous form that he wasn't present to witness. Harsh on Fleming based on the overall season he had but understandable based on what dick saw.

Wish him all the best and sure he will find a club no bother.