The Arbroath Thread

Pish

We've always been in a position to offer a good PT deal like I've said time and time again. Like Sheerin before him it's DC that's getting these players to the club. Something Lumsden was totally incapable of doing.

Wage budget won't be anywhere as big as Clydes.... But I suppose they are a big team

Going by the quality of players, the small squad sizes, and a regular amount of loan players to give more options we have had for past couple of seasons, i think we have been under funding the team.

Possibly a ploy by the board to put money to the side for a title push when the time was right.

Going by the quality of players, the small squad sizes, and a regular amount of loan players to give more options we have had for past couple of seasons, i think we have been under funding the team.

Possibly a ploy by the board to put money to the side for a title push when the time was right.

I believe last year we had a very competitive budget, one of the best in the division. I think the problem hasn't been under funding, but signing a poor standard of player on over inflated wages. With loan players, it's usually the case that we still need to pay their wages, or at least a portion of them, so they're just as costly as a player signed to the club themselves. Having said that, I would expect we'll have a larger budget this year than last for a variety of reasons, certainly I would expect our income in the coming season will be larger than last year.

Wage budget won't be anywhere as big as Clydes.... But I suppose they are a big team

Nonsense. I can't comment on Arbroath's budget but Clyde's wage budget is about average for this league. Last season we had some good players but our squad size was absolutely tiny.

Good signings from Arbroath though. I think DC will have you guys up near the top next year.

Secondly, Arbroath's signings are of better quality than Clyde made last season...

Bit early to make that claim surely!

When we signed Archie Campbell for example lots of fans from his old clubs were saying great signing, far too good for this level, will stroll it etc and he turned out to be pish.

Your man McCord looks like a good signing on paper but has hardly kicked a ball for months and injury prone. Prunty again looks like a great signing but time will tell how he performs.

Bit early to make that claim surely!

When we signed Archie Campbell for example lots of fans from his old clubs were saying great signing, far too good for this level, will stroll it etc and he turned out to be pish.

Your man McCord looks like a good signing on paper but has hardly kicked a ball for months and injury prone. Prunty again looks like a great signing but time will tell how he performs.

Quite right... Gemmell and Marv Andrews are better than anyone in our squad! ;-)

:lol:

I dunno if we're shopping for exclusively ex Alloa but DC would be class to have back, Ryan Finnie the right back been released. Heard good things about him, Alloa move never worked out for him but I'm sure when he was at Annan Dunfermline and a few FT clubs were looking at him.

Finnie would be a decent signing. Showed glimpses but just not experienced or strong enough for championship. He had a trial at Dunfermline before Annan & was knocked back for being to weak according too Sandy Clark.

You lot not interested in Mark Williams after his loan spell?

Edited by KierenAAFC

Finnie would be a decent signing. Showed glimpses but just not experienced or strong enough for championship. He had a trial at Dunfermline before Annan & was knocked back for being to weak according too Sandy Clark.

You lot not interested in Mark Williams after his loan spell?

Williams showed glimpses of ability but was poor overall.