The Arbroath Thread

Josh Skelly - as said previously. Last season he was probably one of our most technically gifted players, but wasn't able to use his ability apart from set pieces. Struggled with the pace of the game and the physical side, bullied almost every week unfortunately.

Stonie - Good to hear. A solid backup at this level and an all round good guy :D

So for next year we have....

Defenders:

Ricky Little

Michael Dunlop

Colin Hamilton

Craig Johnstone

Midfielders:

Omar Kader

Mark Whatley (RB?)

Gavin Malin

David Gold

Ross McCord

Bobby Linn

Strikers:

Bryan Prunty

Steven Doris

Kane Hester

The statement says 14 - with 7 signings and 7 re-signings but I'm not sure who I'm missing that we've kept from last years squad?

I think the positions to fill now are GK, back GK, DR, DC, SC and a defensive minded MC to break up the play. To have 13 signed players at this stage, with half a dozen of them absolute top level League 2 players is fantastic. If we do get a good keeper and another good DR/ DC in we will be looking very, very good.

Josh Skelly - as said previously. Last season he was probably one of our most technically gifted players, but wasn't able to use his ability apart from set pieces. Struggled with the pace of the game and the physical side, bullied almost every week unfortunately.

Stonie - Good to hear. A solid backup at this level and an all round good guy :D

So for next year we have....

Defenders:

Ricky Little

Michael Dunlop

Colin Hamilton

Craig Johnstone

Midfielders:

Omar Kader

Mark Whatley (RB?)

Gavin Malin

David Gold

Ross McCord

Bobby Linn

Strikers:

Bryan Prunty

Steven Doris

Kane Hester

The statement says 14 - with 7 signings and 7 re-signings but I'm not sure who I'm missing that we've kept from last years squad?

I think the positions to fill now are GK, back GK, DR, DC, SC and a defensive minded MC to break up the play. To have 13 signed players at this stage, with half a dozen of them absolute top level League 2 players is fantastic. If we do get a good keeper and another good DR/ DC in we will be looking very, very good.

Keep it in your pants!!!! ;-)

Hamilton was superb with us and has been playing in the championship the last 2 year. A real solid signing, great at left back and good at centre half.

Chuffed, if true.

Just the 1 season in the Championship and it was a bit of a struggle for him. Did better after new year when Jack Ross came in, narrowed the pitch and encouraged Hammy to concentrate on the basics. Good luck to him, always gave 100% even when things weren't going too well for him. .

Just the 1 season in the Championship and it was a bit of a struggle for him. Did better after new year when Jack Ross came in, narrowed the pitch and encouraged Hammy to concentrate on the basics. Good luck to him, always gave 100% even when things weren't going too well for him. .

Alloa won 4 games from 36, safe to say the team as a whole struggled which won't have helped individual players, to be fair. One of our best players in our team in the 2 seasons he was with us in League 1. Believe he done very well at Brechin before his move to Alloa too, year in the Championship playing a lot of games has hopefully helped him. Really looking forward to seeing him back in the Maroon.

Hamilton coming in and Stoney staying too. Superb stuff.

Ricky Little

Michael Dunlop

Colin Hamilton

Craig Johnstone

Bobby Linn

Ryan McCord

Omar Kader

Mark Whatley

David Gold

Gavin Malin

Bryan Prunty

Steven Doris

Kane Hester

Lavvv it.

Says we have 14... Who am I forgetting?

That's some squad going here for league 2. I disagree with other Alloa fans and think Hamilton will prove to be a great signing at this level, McCord though unfit will walk this league aswell and Kader has pace and with Forfar in the playoffs vs us played really well.

That's some squad going here for league 2. I disagree with other Alloa fans and think Hamilton will prove to be a great signing at this level, McCord though unfit will walk this league aswell and Kader has pace and with Forfar in the playoffs vs us played really well.

Kader can be a bit underwhelming . Scared to beat his man, lightweight but has the odd wonder game

Alloa won 4 games from 36, safe to say the team as a whole struggled which won't have helped individual players, to be fair. One of our best players in our team in the 2 seasons he was with us in League 1. Believe he done very well at Brechin before his move to Alloa too, year in the Championship playing a lot of games has hopefully helped him. Really looking forward to seeing him back in the Maroon.

The team certainly struggled, but individually there were very few who looked totally out of their depth. Hamilton pre Christmas did. Worked hard and did better as the season progressed. Ultimately not a Championship player. I reckon he'd be a better CB where his limitations on the ball wouldn't be an issue. Fine for LB in League 2 anyway.

Top 4 in league 2 be this I think

1 Stirling Albion

2 Arbroath

3 Clyde

4 Annan

or might be this

1 Elgin

2 Arbroath

3 Cowdenbeath

4 Clyde

Going to be hard league to call oh

:lol: Fuckin hell you. This season hasn't even finished yet