The Arbroath Thread

If true it's an improvement on Lowden which I never thought I'd say as I was sure it was going to be his son (who's still a good player like but not as good as Lowden) we got. Hamilton was superb with us and has been playing in the championship the last 2 year. A real solid signing, great at left back and good at centre half.

Chuffed, if true.

Fantastic signing if true. Rejecting a contract at an Alloa side who've got a decent chance at being at the top of league one next season to come to us?Must be on a very decent wage then, but working with Dick and some of the players we've already signed must've been an incentive too.

Fantastic signing if true. Rejecting a contract at an Alloa side who've got a decent chance at being at the top of league one next season to come to us?Must be on a very decent wage then, but working with Dick and some of the players we've already signed must've been an incentive too.

Be a decent wage no doubt but nothing mental. We've said for years that Forfar must be minted with the signings they were making but maybe it is just players wanting to play for Campbell after being sold on what he wants to achieve, players at part time level want to enjoy their football and win more than anything else, money plays a part of course but as a club im sure we'd be able to offer as good a PT deal as others.

I'd say DC more than anything else is the reason we've got guys signing for us that would have offers elsewhere, not cash.

Maybe it will be confirmed today and who knows there might possibly be others too.

Eta: sure the board are backing Campbell though so got to say they've been great but as we all kin they're very sensible when it comes to the finances.

Edited by 1320Lichtie

If true it's an improvement on Lowden which I never thought I'd say as I was sure it was going to be his son (who's still a good player like but not as good as Lowden) we got. Hamilton was superb with us and has been playing in the championship the last 2 year. A real solid signing, great at left back and good at centre half.

I wouldn't be opposed to us signing Yano to be honest, he's consistently played at a level above League 2 for years now. With Hammy able to play in the centre of defence also, we could see Yano yet sign on, and it would give us two very good options at left back.

When you get a few in it can be a good tool to encourage guys to sign too. Little, Linn, Doris, Prunty, McCord etc. These kind of guys will help encourage others to sign on maybe.

100% agree with this. One of the biggest positives of getting quality (at this level) players signed up so early is others will take notice and want to join a team that looks like they will be very strong. It'll also hopefully help us further down the line with loans, as teams will want their promising younger players playing in winning teams and alongside guys they can learn from.

Our squad is looking very healthy for this time of year, but as I said before, lets just remember individuals don't make a good team and we're still short in key positions. Even if we sign another 2/3 players of the quality of Hamilton/ Prunty/ McCord in the right places, if they don't gel as a team it obviously won't work. It's impossible to fully judge if they'll all work together until at least August.

"Colin Hamilton & Craig Johnstone

Arbroath are delighted to announce the signature of Colin Hamilton, which marks his return to Gayfield.

Colin can play at left back or Centre Half rejoins the Lichties after a season with Brechin City, and more recently with Alloa Athletic.

The 24 year old had previously turned out 67 times for Arbroath and scored 3 goals from 2012 to 2014 and was a fan's favourite with his lighting quick runs down the wings.

Craig Johnstone is also lined up to sign a contract extension until Christmas with "Stoney" being a popular player on and off the pitch.

Colin becomes Dick Campbell's 7th signing which brings the squad up to 14, which is pleasing for everyone at the club and hopefully capture's the fans' imagination.

Welcome back to the club Colin!

C'mon the Lichties"

How was Josh Skelly for you lads last year? He's signed a new one year deal with us.

Poor-Clearly a very technically gifted player but he struggled with the physical side of the game. Slower than I though he would've been too. Good crosser of the ball however. I've heard he's coming back on loan next season...

Hamilton is an excellent signing-Another player arguably playing below his level. Happy with Stoney too, he's one of the most popular characters in the dressing room I believe. His experience will come in handy and when he was out injured I'm sure he was helping with coaching and also going to watch other teams. Good back-up.

How was Josh Skelly for you lads last year? He's signed a new one year deal with us.

Looked skillful but too easily bullied... if he puts on a bit of muscle he could be a good enough player,

nowhere near ready for your level as yet... good luck to the lad though.

Impressive business from Arbroath so far. Can't quite believe McCord has dropped to this level but you could say that for a couple of our players from this season too.

Should be another competitive league next year.

"Colin Hamilton & Craig Johnstone

Arbroath are delighted to announce the signature of Colin Hamilton, which marks his return to Gayfield.

Colin can play at left back or Centre Half rejoins the Lichties after a season with Brechin City, and more recently with Alloa Athletic.

Colin becomes Dick Campbell's 7th signing which brings the squad up to 14, which is pleasing for everyone at the club and hopefully capture's the fans' imagination.

Welcome back to the club Colin!

C'mon the Lichties"

Unless I'm missing someone, we've only got 13 signed?

Little, Dunlop, Stoney, Hamilton, Whatley, Gold, McCord, Malin, Kader, Linn, Hester, Doris, Prunty

Hamilton coming in and Stoney staying too. Superb stuff.

Ricky Little

Michael Dunlop

Colin Hamilton

Craig Johnstone

Bobby Linn

Ryan McCord

Omar Kader

Mark Whatley

David Gold

Gavin Malin

Bryan Prunty

Steven Doris