The Arbroath Thread

Squad is looking good, and so much more promising than last season. I'm actually really looking forward to the League Cup go see this team in action.

However I hope some players are brought in that had good seasons last year. Prunty aside, all the squad either finished 9th with us, 10th with Forfar or 10th with Alloa. Appreciate that the fortunes of those sides weren't purely down the players we have signed but I'd like to see a couple of signings more similar to Prunty than those leaving relegated sides.

Edited by danlichtie

Big £££ getting spent on wages. Good luck if doesnt work out

Pish

We've always been in a position to offer a good PT deal like I've said time and time again. Like Sheerin before him it's DC that's getting these players to the club. Something Lumsden was totally incapable of doing.

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Pish

We've always been in a position to offer a god PT deal like I've said time and time again. Like Sheerin before him it's DC that's getting these players to the club. Something Lumsden was totally incapable of doing.

Prunty on double what we offered -Fact!.

Good luck and impressive signings on paper like us this season & look where we finished...

Thats all

Good luck and impressive signings on paper like us this season & look where we finished...

Thats all

How the f**k do you know? Signed for us on Thursday night but less than 48 hours later you know how much you offered him and how much we've offered him????

Eta: and can you go into a bit more detail here? Double? :lol:

Sounds like you're just slightly annoyed he's came to us instead of you.

Edited by 1320Lichtie

This. We dodged the bullet here, I feel sorry for the Shire fans... but better them than us I suppose.

Can't ever have another season like that again. Big wake up call. No room to gamble with appointments in the future in this league. Lumsden could've taken us down which absolutely nobody expected at the start of the season. Back in safe hands now though thankfully.

Looking forward to an Edinburgh trip.

Can't ever have another season like that again. Big wake up call. No room to gamble with appointments in the future in this league. Lumsden could've taken us down which absolutely nobody expected at the start of the season. Back in safe hands now though thankfully.

Looking forward to an Edinburgh trip.

To be fair i was calling for Lumsden to be sacked from mid September.

But in the past now.

I'm calling for Campbell to be sacked now.

That way, if it goes tits up, I can smugly say that I knew better all along.

I think you will find im not being smug just stating a fact.

The fact is he wasn't up to the job and alot of his signings were awful, 2 players left after the first window closed and he clearly stated he would only use loans for emergency purposes but had to sign a whole load to make up his squad as he couldn't attract players in january for what ever reason.

DC is signing players early and of a better quality so no scrambling round trying to fill out a squad.

I think you will find im not being smug just stating a fact.

The fact is he wasn't up to the job and alot of his signings were awful, 2 players left after the first window closed and he clearly stated he would only use loans for emergency purposes but had to sign a whole load to make up his squad as he couldn't attract players in january for what ever reason.

DC is signing players early and of a better quality so no scrambling round trying to fill out a squad.

The season we nearly won the league and the play offs was the first Campbell had hardly used any loans . I fully expect it to be the 2 Angus clubs fighting for the title . May battle commence

Thats all

Firstly if we did offer Prunty double the Clyde offer, maybe it was because it was a shit low ball offer...

Secondly, Arbroath's signings are of better quality than Clyde made last season...

Thirdly to all who are wondering where we got all the money from... the same source as Brechin City,

Forfar Athletic and Cowdenbeath (when they were doing well), it is from lots of fund raising by the

fans!

Edited by lichtie36nilhello

Firstly if we did offer Prunty double the Clyde offer, maybe it was because it was a shit low ball offer...

Secondly, Arbroath's signings are of better quality than Clyde made last season...

Thirdly to all who are wondering where we got all the money from... the same source as Brechin City,

Forfar Athletic and Cowdenbeath (when they were doing well), it is from lots of fund raising by the

fans!

Remember Sheerin making a similar quality of signing. If there's a guy in charge that's capable of attracting players the club will back them.