The Arbroath Thread

Any word on more signings or close done deals anyone ?

In this article-http://m.arbroathherald.co.uk/sport/local-sport/two-more-new-faces-join-gayfield-influx-1-4132467Dick says he's in the market for a GK, CH and ST who he intends to have signed in the next few weeks. He also says Colin Hamilton is an out and out winger, which is a bit confusing :lol:

He says he's been promised a few loans by senior clubs too, and I certainly hope they will be of the same quality as those he had on loan at Forfar (Dale Hilson, Scott Allan, Joe Shaugnessey, Nicky Low etc)

I am sure we will get to know when business is done. I am bored already missing my stewarding job. Really be good to get back into it.

Thank god for the Euros.

Looking forward to the new season already too. Thankfully it's not to long now. Looking forward to seeing us this season, I'm sure it'll be a big change from last even with what we've got that could start now. Little:Hamilton/Linn/Whatley/McCord/Kader/Doris/Prunty is even rather exciting so looking forward to the new additions.

I agree with those sad to see Fleming go. He was our best player on many occasions and could have made all the difference if it had come to goal difference. He seemed to go to pieces after DC joined. A positive character and a good signing for any club.

With Dick spelling out the plan in the Herald, we will go with a squad of 17 + loans. I can't wait until the loans start and the seethe commences :D

Squad for next season + loans will be:

GK

Defenders:

Craig Wilson

Ricky Little

Michael Dunlop

DC

Colin Hamilton

Craig Johnstone

Midfielders:

Omar Kader

Mark Whatley (RB?)

Gavin Malin

David Gold

Ross McCord

Bobby Linn

Strikers:

Bryan Prunty

Steven Doris

Kane Hester

SC

Obviously we'll bring in another keeper on loan also, and others throughout the season. I'd hope we could sign 2 good development loans for the year plus the keeper loan to give us a squad of 20 plus additional loans if/ when needed to cover injuries/ suspensions.

The RB position is an interesting one, as it'd be between Craig Wilson, Ricky Little and Mark Whatley. I much prefer Ricky at CB and would have it between Whatley and Wilson, probably Whatley to start but I'm happy to have Wilson signed up. I think Dick will go with Ricky or Craig Wilson.

In CM I'm slightly concerned in terms of the type of player we have. I'm sounding like a broken record, but I do think we need a tough tackling nasty b*****d in there alongside McCord who will surely be a starter, so it's who partner him that's up for debate. I think it'll be Whatley, but I'd like to see him RB as mentioned and A.N other in beside McCord.

We also may be short on the wings if Boab or Kader get injured - but that's where the loans will come into play.

Upfront we have 2 proven, quality League 2 strikers and Kane who has been impressive in his first year alongside another.

Aye so looks like we'll be going with a loan player at RB/Midfield and either centre half or keeper if we're going to sign another GK, CH and Striker. Squad of 20 with the 3 loans. Hopefully he's had an eye on these guys for a while and they're of the same calibre as his previous ones.

Speaking of business being done, what business has been done with that charity money 'resting' in your account?

That has all been resolved and it was never in my account. Please name yourself so I can at least know my accuser. Why rake up history that has been resolved anything more to say talk to me direct.

With Dick spelling out the plan in the Herald, we will go with a squad of 17 + loans. I can't wait until the loans start and the seethe commences :D

Squad for next season + loans will be:

GK

Defenders:

Craig Wilson

Ricky Little

Michael Dunlop

DC

Colin Hamilton

Craig Johnstone

Midfielders:

Omar Kader

Mark Whatley (RB?)

Gavin Malin

David Gold

Ross McCord

Bobby Linn

Strikers:

Bryan Prunty

Steven Doris

Kane Hester

SC

Obviously we'll bring in another keeper on loan also, and others throughout the season. I'd hope we could sign 2 good development loans for the year plus the keeper loan to give us a squad of 20 plus additional loans if/ when needed to cover injuries/ suspensions.

The RB position is an interesting one, as it'd be between Craig Wilson, Ricky Little and Mark Whatley. I much prefer Ricky at CB and would have it between Whatley and Wilson, probably Whatley to start but I'm happy to have Wilson signed up. I think Dick will go with Ricky or Craig Wilson.

In CM I'm slightly concerned in terms of the type of player we have. I'm sounding like a broken record, but I do think we need a tough tackling nasty b*****d in there alongside McCord who will surely be a starter, so it's who partner him that's up for debate. I think it'll be Whatley, but I'd like to see him RB as mentioned and A.N other in beside McCord.

We also may be short on the wings if Boab or Kader get injured - but that's where the loans will come into play.

Upfront we have 2 proven, quality League 2 strikers and Kane who has been impressive in his first year alongside another.

If that's the same David gold that was at us briefly then your squad is 1 less. A person who does nothing is being kind.