The Arbroath Thread

Looking at making the most money from the league cup, you would be looking at United and the Pars away, ICT and Cowdenbeath will yield little in money or in interest either Zzzzz.

Defo ICT at home. Trip to Tannadice would be good. No preference for the Fife teams.âš½

What makes you think that? Not seen any announcements.

I suspect the board simply send a letter out to notify all shareholders, and wouldn't make a public announcement as no members of the public would be allowed entry? If this is the case, that's perfectly understandable, I'm surprised no-one has mentioned it anywhere online though.

Edit - the balance sheet that will presumably be discussed, amongst other things (I believe a few years ago someone asked Paul Sheerin what he was going  to do about the speakers on the far side not working :lol: ) is available online at companies house, published in March for the year ending 31st May 2015.

Edited by SimonLichtie

And tell them to fix the tannoy

did not know there was an issue with it, also you can ask them to repair the public address system, not "tell them to fix the tannoy", sometimes it's nice to be nice

one of the things mentioned at tonights meeting was next seasons petrofac/challenge cup starts with bottom 8 in division 2, 4 from lowland and 4 from highland as well as all 12 spl under 20 teams , then after a couple of rounds 2 irish and 2 welsh join in , not a wind up ! the balance sheet was not bad a working profit of just under 8k compared to minus 32k last year. manager is in portugal so couldnt attend but were informed of another 3 or 4 signings and that will do it.bosses brother is on good terms with both dundee clubs and aberdeen and some loans may come along

Challenge cup is just a total waste of time hope we play a 2nd string team in it, and so it'll be Woods, GK, CH, ST as the signings. Then 3 on loan, probably GK,RB and god knows from Aberdeen and the Dundee clubs.

When does pre season start?

one of the things mentioned at tonights meeting was next seasons petrofac/challenge cup starts with bottom 8 in division 2, 4 from lowland and 4 from highland as well as all 12 spl under 20 teams , then after a couple of rounds 2 irish and 2 welsh join in , not a wind up

What a farce. :lol:

Ever since I found out about the ludicrous Challenge Cup format I've been of the opinion we should refuse to participate. To enter the Scottish Cup, teams must send in their application, I would have thought it'd be the same for the CC? If so, my genuine stance is we shouldn't bother and neither should the rest of the part time teams in the lower leagues.

The SPFL seem to have some sort of 'Celtic Cup' meets development league concept, and believe they can get a TV deal for the rights of it. I wonder if they have managed to sort out answers to the basic questions yet, such as where the development teams for the Premiership clubs will play and how part time teams are meant to deal with travelling too Ireland on a Tuesday night with a 20 + staff who all have full time jobs. What about the fans, does about give a f**k about us? Silly question, really....

one of the things mentioned at tonights meeting was next seasons petrofac/challenge cup starts with bottom 8 in division 2, 4 from lowland and 4 from highland as well as all 12 spl under 20 teams , then after a couple of rounds 2 irish and 2 welsh join in , not a wind up ! the balance sheet was not bad a working profit of just under 8k compared to minus 32k last year. manager is in portugal so couldnt attend but were informed of another 3 or 4 signings and that will do it.bosses brother is on good terms with both dundee clubs and aberdeen and some loans may come along

That is ridiculous, asking a part time team to possibly play away in Wales or Ireland, who thinks up these idiotic ideas?

That is ridiculous, asking a part time team to possibly play away in Wales or Ireland, who thinks up these idiotic ideas?

Need you ask. It's dopey Doncaster who dreams up these farcical schemes. He should have been sacked when the leagues were amalgamated and Longmuir given his job.

Ever since I found out about the ludicrous Challenge Cup format I've been of the opinion we should refuse to participate. To enter the Scottish Cup, teams must send in their application, I would have thought it'd be the same for the CC? If so, my genuine stance is we shouldn't bother and neither should the rest of the part time teams in the lower leagues.

The SPFL seem to have some sort of 'Celtic Cup' meets development league concept, and believe they can get a TV deal for the rights of it. I wonder if they have managed to sort out answers to the basic questions yet, such as where the development teams for the Premiership clubs will play and how part time teams are meant to deal with travelling too Ireland on a Tuesday night with a 20 + staff who all have full time jobs. What about the fans, does about give a f**k about us? Silly question, really....

I've been thinking the exact same. It really is not in the slightest bit appealing for p/t teams. Wales on a Tuesday? Nope. Hamilton U20s away on a Saturday? Nope. 

If it's an option then I'd fully support us not bothering with it.

one of the things mentioned at tonights meeting was next seasons petrofac/challenge cup starts with bottom 8 in division 2, 4 from lowland and 4 from highland as well as all 12 spl under 20 teams , then after a couple of rounds 2 irish and 2 welsh join in , not a wind up !

That's just ludacris......wow!!! Someone is surely on the wind up here.

Edited by BB_Bino