The Arbroath Thread

I'm looking forward to seeing fleet footed old Spartans nemesis Omar in action again- I wonder if he's learned how to keep his feet in the penalty box since playing in the SPFL... ;)

Very much looking forward to playing you lot next season...any rumours as to who you're bringing in?

With Dick spelling out the plan in the Herald, we will go with a squad of 17 + loans. I can't wait until the loans start and the seethe commences :D

Squad for next season + loans will be:

GK

Defenders:

Craig Wilson

Ricky Little

Michael Dunlop

DC

Colin Hamilton

Craig Johnstone

Midfielders:

Omar Kader

Mark Whatley (RB?)

Gavin Malin

David Gold

Ross McCord

Bobby Linn

Strikers:

Bryan Prunty

Steven Doris

Kane Hester

SC

Obviously we'll bring in another keeper on loan also, and others throughout the season. I'd hope we could sign 2 good development loans for the year plus the keeper loan to give us a squad of 20 plus additional loans if/ when needed to cover injuries/ suspensions.

The RB position is an interesting one, as it'd be between Craig Wilson, Ricky Little and Mark Whatley. I much prefer Ricky at CB and would have it between Whatley and Wilson, probably Whatley to start but I'm happy to have Wilson signed up. I think Dick will go with Ricky or Craig Wilson.

In CM I'm slightly concerned in terms of the type of player we have. I'm sounding like a broken record, but I do think we need a tough tackling nasty b*****d in there alongside McCord who will surely be a starter, so it's who partner him that's up for debate. I think it'll be Whatley, but I'd like to see him RB as mentioned and A.N other in beside McCord.

We also may be short on the wings if Boab or Kader get injured - but that's where the loans will come into play.

Upfront we have 2 proven, quality League 2 strikers and Kane who has been impressive in his first year alongside another.

We need to stop this garbage of Whatley as a right- back, his place for the coming season is in centre-midfield with McCord, with either Wilson or a new recruit at full-back

Garbage :lol:

No really tbf

Yes Whatley isn't in the kev Nicoll mould but he's still a hard working ball winning midfielder, he'd be ideal next to McCord. He's also a good right back like so I'm not overly bothered where he plays

So you really believe that we should waste Whatley at RB, over 62000 posts on football and again you prove you know, sod all

Clearly know more than you fat boy.

Whatley is a better RB than Wilson so I'd rather see him there if we don't upgrade over the summer

So you really believe that we should waste Whatley at RB, over 62000 posts on football and again you prove you know, sod all

Have to agree with 23 Whatley is not very effective in the middle of the park and I think he knows that himself

I'd prefer to see Whatley at RB over Wilson, Wilson more effective going forward,

I don't no why everyone is saying we need a Kevin Nicholl player to play beside McCord, don't we have gold for that position???

If you can find him

Iirc we signed whatley as a goalscoring midfielder? Never seen him play in an attacking role for the club! He's a solid all round player but if we're not gonna bring in a rb better than wilson i'd rather see him there and get a ball winning midfielder in the centre

Clearly know more than you fat boy.

Whatley is a better RB than Wilson so I'd rather see him there if we don't upgrade over the summer

Never said Wilson was a better player, said Whatley was to good a centre mid, to be wasted by playing him at right-back, now I stand by the segregation barrier most home games, feel free to come round and introduce yourself, but my gut feeling is you won't

Have to agree with 23 Whatley is not very effective in the middle of the park and I think he knows that himself

Is this you thinking on an empty head, again

Expect all the David Gold sympathisers to be on soon in disgust at you're comment

That'll be Dick Campbell then,i kinda take you're posts with a pinch of salt seeing as you thought Lumsden was a wonderful manager

:lol:  :lol: