The Arbroath Thread

2 hours ago, DoratheFootballExplorer said:

Am I really seeing a grown man cry about the running of the social media team

No. You're seeing my - somewhat ill judged - opinion on a social media post by the club. ;) 

2 hours ago, DoratheFootballExplorer said:

Mistakes happen. I'm sure in your job you've made some basic mistakes from time to time. Yes, they are getting paid, but they also have a myriad of other responsibilities at the club, as well as paid jobs elsewhere, considering this is only a part-time gig, I assume. Cut them some slack, they seem to be doing a pretty great job keeping things going. It's great seeing clubs across the country improve their social presence, and this new team needs a bit of time and patience to get it right. The odd mistake won't bother this grown adult, give your head a wobble.

I think if I said I made 'basic mistakes from time to time' in my job I'd be massively downplaying it to be honest. :ph34r:

The main reason I've quoted yourself and not the other posts is that 'paid media team' is obviously not the same as what you've said. I've no reason to doubt what you say about peoples roles/ responsibilities and that being the case me saying 'paid media team' isn't really fair at all, so happy to take that back and apologise :) If the club were paying a person/ persons whose full time job was the media side of things, I'd totally stand by my comments, but that not being the case I'm wrong on that front.

To be honest what I should've really said was along the lines of 'It'd be a good idea for our social media team to have things proof read/ double checked where possible' in order to catch these things. More of a 'this would improve things going forward' than a negative outlook.

I guess that's me fucked my chances of getting a birthday shoutout this year from our socials.......! 😇

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

Spoke to a few Dundee fans today who think very highly of Reilly. One lad said he’s been a bit unlucky with injuries but when he’s been introduced off the bench he’s made a positive impact. Been told he he’s capable of both scoring and creating goals. All very positive stuff. 

Lot of Dundee fans unhappy about this. 

Needs game time fair enough, (he looks very good) but not for the McIntyre rodent.

Thank you.

Absolutely nothing going our way this season. Surely even the most positive of our fans must admit it’s looking bleak. Need a run of good wins starting tomorrow… and goals too as our goal difference is by far the worst in the league.

8 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

100% this.  Its just been a cursed season right from the word go.

Only bit of luck we might have today is that ICT lost the red card appeal and have up to 10 sidelined with injury…. Someone else’s turn to have no subs or full squad!! 

Keep the faith Smokies 🇱🇻⚽❤️🔥💪🐟

Massive boost getting Charlie Reilly in with hopefully 1 or 2 more to follow before the window closes on Thursday, On top of this all our key players are returning 🤩 Heard McKenna and Little are back today 👀

All we can do is get behind the team and take one game at a time and look after ourselves and that starts today, It’s been a bleak season with no luck whatsoever but we now have 13 Cup Finals to really go for it and fight for everything we can. Football can change very quickly as we know especially in the Championship, A win today and the vibe and confidence is up and suddenly the table starts to look a lot better, We would only be 3 points behind Inverness with a game in hand, Loads of points and football still to be played with more twists and turns to come. Nobody from 4th to bottom is safe yet 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Edited by 36-0 Maroon

Just now, 36-0 Maroon said:

Keep the faith Smokies 🇱🇻⚽❤️🔥💪

Massive boost getting Charlie Reilly in with hopefully 1 or 2 more to follow before the window closes on Thursday, On top of this all our key players are returning 🤩 Heard McKenna and Little are back today 👀

All we can do is get behind the team and take one game at a time and look after ourselves and that starts today, It’s been a bleak season with no luck whatsoever but we now have 13 Cup Finals to really go for it and fight for everything we can. Football can change very quickly as we know especially in the Championship, A win today and the vibe and confidence is up and suddenly the table starts to look a lot better, We would only be 3 points behind Inverness with a game in hand, Loads of points and football still to be played with more twists and turns to come. Nobody from 4th to bottom is safe yet 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Will be great to see what young Charlie adds to the team, seems to be highly rated from all his prior clubs which is a positive🇱🇻

18 minutes ago, 36-0 Maroon said:

Keep the faith Smokies 🇱🇻⚽❤️🔥💪

Question for you 

What have you seen since September to think the team is good enough to stay up? Take your time. 

Some good young talent in the squad now. Teale, McKinnon and Reilly. The shame is that we don’t seem able to sign this level of talent on proper contracts. They’ll all be gone in the summer. I’m not sure how we overcome this problem.