The Arbroath Thread

First game this season, I thought Dundee United looked like a premier league team in waiting.  I'd never seen a championship team absolutely steamroller us.  I honestly thought they would dominate the league.  

But no, turns out we are just utterly gash and lie down to them.

I can't believe people are calling a team with an average of 2 points a game in this division shite :lol:

My defence of losing to Dundee Utd is that they are a full time team with a budget literally 10+ times the size of ours. We're reacting like we've been battered 4 times this season by Alloa or Kelty Hearts (clubs with lesser budgets to ourselves) :blink:

Of all the things that've gone wrong this season/ all the issues we've had, losing games to Dundee Utd doesn't even appear on the list for me.

I have a far greater issue with the setup and the way we went about the 6-0 game against Queen's Park than any of the Utd games - a team relatively near us in the table that we got a pasting from because we were so off it tactically.

I really hope today we start with the same shape and close to the same starting 11 as last week. Bird up top, Leighton and Charlie Reilly wide and supporting with a midfield 3 is clearly our best setup for me.

9 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

Controversial but off u pop Jim

Another 5 goals conceded,

Planning should be underway for next season to make sure your competitive in league 1

Not controversial for me. He’s had a window and a full squad for a few weeks now.

It’s L1 next season so a complete re think needed.

31 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

Controversial but off u pop Jim

Another 5 goals conceded,

Planning should be underway for next season to make sure your competitive in league 1

Absolutely, board has to be brave, call time on this now

Sometimes, even if it isn't entirely your fault, you just need a change.  I think McIntyre has had a tough time of things.  He was catastrophically unlucky, and he was set up to fail by his predecessor not leaving him a defence, and while he did bring us some organisation and made a good start, its not worked.  Hammerings like these just sometimes need a change.  Come the summer, he should be history.

Just now, ellichtie said:

Boruc surely up there with one of the worst keepers that have ever played for us in recent times. Absolute honking.

Good shot stopper but horrendous under a crossed ball 

3 minutes ago, ellichtie said:

Boruc surely up there with one of the worst keepers that have ever played for us in recent times. Absolute honking.

Surprised yous let Adams go tbh. Surely can’t be any worse

Edited by Diamonds02

Just now, Diamonds02 said:

Surprised yous let go Adams tbh. Surely can’t be any worse

He absolutely would have been better.  An experienced pro who has played behind ropey defences and knew the players would have been better.  I think the manager, and probably a lot of our fans got seduced by the idea that this kid plays at a higher level and therefore was going to be much better.  Adams got almost no chances, and never let us down when he played.

Just now, ellichtie said:

McIntyre out.

I think his appointment was on the back of the doing we got in Malcolm’s one in charge, recruitment has been, not of the desired quality, it was obvious to everyone we needed a “b*****d” in centre mid, and he didn’t sign one, it appears the obsessed Dundee supporters, were 100% right about him

We are relegated now, of that there is no doubt 

Now we need to start on where we want to be as a club next season and who we want to be here

Next year is a whole new beginning and it’s going to be a tough one 

30 minutes ago, ellichtie said:

If it wasnt for your keeper it would have been 9