The Arbroath Thread

Poor again. 

jim goes for me they subs today we absolutely baffling. No even any sort of change to try win that game today. We absolutely haven’t got any better under him he has his best spell when we had 11/12 players fit 

Down with a whimper, not an ounce of fight in this team.

Can’t go into next season with McIntyre in charge. Need a new management team in asap with the time and resources to prepare properly for next season. It’s obvious to me that things won’t improve under McIntyre, he’s brought in a few players and failed to get anything out of the core squad that’s been here and done so well for years. Sticking with Campbell for 18 months too long is what got us into this mess so the board must act quick.

Oh and yet another piss poor team gets a result v United today.

Edited by Tattie36

Just now, Tattie36 said:

Down with a whimper, not an ounce of fight in this team.

Cant go into next season with McIntyre in charge. Need a new management team in asap with the time and resources to prepare properly for next season. It’s obvious to me that things won’t improve under McIntyre, he’s brought in a few players and failed to get anything out of the core squad that’s been here and done so well for years. Sticking with Campbell for 18 months too long is what got us into this mess so the board must act quick.

McIntyre failing to get the best out of a core that was also failing under Campbell for the 18 months prior.

Very few players good enough at this level 

I would normally stream that, but I've been waiting a month and multiple emails for the club to refund them charging me twice for a stream that was never processed.  Looks like I dodged a bullet.  Amateur stuff, when previously the club has been very good with stuff like that.  According to the other thread, the Thistle fans were reporting that they were out of hot food by half time.  More amateur stuff.  There's clearly a lot of negativity and a lot going wrong at the club right now.

Its going to need a manager change in the summer.

Social media manager of Arbroath FC saying they received death threats after the game down in Wales etc 

Why when you’re in that position would you post that - you are the person who engages with fans 

Could we please have proof of these death threats plural so other fans could call the people sending them out - also like to ask if he genuinely thought they were real and if he was actually fearing for his life - or was he just posting it for effect on his shitey wee post - why would you do that when in that position  

Fkn Clown. One of the worst decisions we made changing from Graham Black 

18 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Social media manager of Arbroath FC saying they received death threats after the game down in Wales etc 

Why when you’re in that position would you post that - you are the person who engages with fans 

Could we please have proof of these death threats plural so other fans could call the people sending them out - also like to ask if he genuinely thought they were real and if he was actually fearing for his life - or was he just posting it for effect on his shitey wee post - why would you do that when in that position  

Fkn Clown. One of the worst decisions we made changing from Graham Black 

Maybe it was the same invisible folk that were showering Campbell with spit?

Someone saying on FB that they’ve been blocked on twitter and instagram due to negative posts. Another got a personal email from the club about their comments.

Fucking shambles, as if things aren’t bad enough on the pitch.

I thought we matched Thistle in the first 45 and had several really good chances to score - really frustrating that neither of the balls across the six yard box from Innes Murray were put away, especially the one Dow missed entirely. In the second 45 we tired and struggled as the game went on and ultimately it petered out...... absolutely summarised by Stowe's dreadful free kick right on full time.

We are absolutely gone confidence wise, and we are absolutely done fitness wise. We haven't been able to put a fully fit team on the park for six months, and that won't change between now and the end of the season. Lets be honest, we knew two months ago we were pretty much done due to this. It is absolutely nobodys fault and no-one is to blame for the situation.

These two aspects have done our season - we've seen it almost every game in the past 3 months. We can play well in spells, we can start the game well but when we tire due to the reasons outwith our control we end up being rolled over. A wee look at the team today...

Gats - not fully fit

Scott Stewart - match fit/ no injuries in recent months as far as I know

Teale - not match fit, recently been injured

Ricky - not match fit, recently been injured long term

Delaney - not match fit, recently been injured long term

Dow - probably close to match fit now, but has been injured long term

Gold - has played most weeks but spent two months carrying an injury throughout that period

MacKinnon -match fit for the past 3/4 weeks, not match fit prior to that

Murray - not match fit, recently been injured

McKenna - not match fit, recently been injured long term

Bird - match fit

In terms of us 'having players back' etc. that is obviously the case, but they're all a yard off the pace through no fault of their own. Normally players  come back into a team and can play their way back in if the team is settled - we've got a team on the park where the vast majority of them are lacking in match sharpness. Look at Mikey today for exaaht have the fitness to play his usual 100 mile an hour game. It's not his fault, it's not the managers fault, but you can be damn sure it affects us on the park. That's just one example....

Do we have players who are out of their depth? Yes. Do we have players who have underperformed this season? Yes. However the injuries/ fitness situation just means I don't think we can properly judge so much.

My biggest gripe today was the tactics and subs, 

We are in a real mess and this season needs to be over soon so we can have a full reset, and from what I've seen that includes the manager, no doubt he has had problems, but I've not seen anything from him that gives me hope he can take us forward 

Can totally understand your point simon but its the way we are going down and showing no fight.

Some how we were still in that game and take off a forward and just a straight swap and not take off a midfielder and go for it is so fustrating to the fans. We have to win games not just hope for a lucky goal or just get beat. The mangers subs today were woeful. 

Just now, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

I take it Reilly is injured? If I was Tony Doc, I'd get him out of this McIntyre shitemare asap.

Thank you.

Came off in the first half last week. Frustrating because he’s looked pretty decent so far. 

I'm not buying the fitness thing.  We have some players who ARE fit, so if it was just fitness, then surely you'd play some fit players alongside the unfit ones.  For example, If Gaston isn't fit, then we should have had Ali Adams in.  That's entirely on the manager.  He got much better performances out of very much weakened line ups earlier in the season.