The Arbroath Thread

42 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I definitely agree that the social media isn't as good as its been in previous seasons, although I will comment that last season, some of our fans were incandescent with rage that our socials spent too much time showing pictures of dugs and birthdays....

I think there's a real malaise around the club from the top down.  Even the merchandise promotion feels half hearted.  It’s one of my reasons I think we need a manager change.  We need a fresh start next season.

Volunteers doing good jobs replaced by paid Paul Reid pals 

Groundsman next I heard - it’s not on and we surely cannot afford that in L1 financially 

13 minutes ago, ecto said:

Moved into 4th place on our appearances list on his own yesterday, club legend 👏👏👏

A wonderful stalwart for the club. If this is indeed his final season at Gayfield he will be sorely missed. 

From everything I’ve heard I canny believe what we are turning too an absolute farce on the park and off the park. Most things have got significantly worse since we changed them. Change is good but only when it’s needed. Was some of these things actually needed? I don’t necessarily think so.

Shambles.

really hope Ricky gets the turnout he deserves today. Linn rightly so got the turnout he deserved and little deserves the exact same

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

This is what I’m referring to by the way - this has annoyed me more than any on the park stuff I’m kind of resigned to the fact we’re L1 bound and a lot of the players here will be moving on and it’s all kind of run its natural course and come to a disappointing end 

But this is just not on, for a club employee to post this about the fans is not on. To absolutely throw the fans under the bus purely to try and exaggerate and add effect to your shitey LinkedIn post - it can absolutely gtf.

There’s no way any of the other stuff happened, could you imagine Pink wanting to sit down and have a ‘wonderful conversation steeped in emotion’ with the boy who runs social media after we’ve been pumped 4-1 

Absolute Birthday Card pish -  bring back Graham Black and all the other volunteers who actually cared about the club and the fans because they were actually fans themselves 

IMG_3960.jpeg

Surely this would of been investigated by police if true? Or a statement by club?

There is absolutely no connection between club and fans anymore,

18 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Absolutely fucking horrendous. A team With no fight. No wonder the support are frustrated. 

I may have been a bit too harsh. Thinking back to yesterday we started really brightly and matched Thistle for long periods of the first half. 2nd half was a struggle tho. Don’t remember there keeper making a meaningful save. What I think summed our season up was the fact we had a free kick in a dangerous position at the death with a chance to steal a point and Stowe couldn’t beat the first man with the ball. 

In my opinion it would be daft to get rid of McIntyre so quickly. He needs the start of next season at a minimum. But I do understand why so many want him gone already. Since he’s come in there hasn’t been any improvement, we’ve probably got worse. 

31 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

Surely this would of been investigated by police if true? Or a statement by club?

There is absolutely no connection between club and fans anymore,

It’s outrageous to bang on about death threats and to do it purely to emphasise your shitty point in your stupid social media post that is not someone who cares about the fans or is indeed living in reality - death threats - honestly made me rage seeing that. Don’t know why it’s took so long to come to light but a wee dig deeper into it all has also really annoyed me

Paul Reid obviously done a good job in regards to many different aspects but I’m not hearing great things in regards to so many other things too - and this stuff can’t continue when we drop a league the finance won’t and shouldn’t be there for to fund some of it - it’s making me angry at the thought of putting additional finance over and above my season ticket into the club to pay the wages of some of these people 

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

It’s outrageous to bang on about death threats and to do it purely to emphasise your shitty point in your stupid social media post that is not someone who cares about the fans or is indeed living in reality - death threats - honestly made me rage seeing that. Don’t know why it’s took so long to come to light but a wee dig deeper into it all has also really annoyed me

Paul Reid obviously done a good job in regards to many different aspects but I’m not hearing great things in regards to so many other things too - and this stuff can’t continue when we drop a league the finance won’t and shouldn’t be there for to fund some of it - it’s making me angry at the thought of putting additional finance over and above my season ticket into the club to pay the wages of some of these people 

Is "Always Arbroath" giving finance for the playing side or to pay wages for some of these new staff positions, when others did it for the love of the club in the past. ?

15 minutes ago, relichtie said:

Is "Always Arbroath" giving finance for the playing side or to pay wages for some of these new staff positions, when others did it for the love of the club in the past. ?

The thing is these people need paid anyway - so even if the Always Arbroath fund - is for the players specifically there’s no way we should be paying some of these people to do a worse job than what volunteers done before them and putting money towards them and their roles - especially when they’re happy to air things like the fact that our fanbase are that bad and awful that we are sending ‘death threats’ (😂) to AFC staff. 

Seems convenient to me that we’ve started this Always Arbroath thing just when it looks like we will be going down a division and the revenue coming into the club will be greatly reduced and positions like that seem much less justifiable 

Better watch what folk say on this now too or you’ll get a message from someone 👀 

not buying the death threats pish. If that happened police would have been involved, statements been made and bans put in place none of which I have seen or heard of have been made. If true and proof of this then fine but lot of pish for me 

Edited by SmokeyJoe

Obviously love where the club has been the last few years but there’s definitely something that feels lost now and less personal than it once was.

Supporting our great wee club you always felt that, from the board to the turnstile operators to the programme sellers to the staff in the pie shop, that everyone was pulling together in the same direction and were doing it for the love of the club.

Some of it feeling a bit billy big balls nowadays and that the club is drifting away from the fans a bit.

Maybe the board need a bit of introspection once the dust has settled after this season?

Perhaps I’ll be put on a blacklist for saying this.

Edited by Tattie36

Isn't stuff like this just the cost of being a "bigger club"?  We've had people on here calling for us to go full time, I think this is what comes with being a full time club.  We lose that personal connection, everything has to scale up a bit and become a bit more corporate.  I also think that we wouldn't be nearly as bothered by some of this stuff if we were actually winning some games.  But I agree, its something the board need to think about.  

32 minutes ago, SmokeyJoe said:

Better watch what folk say on this now too or you’ll get a message from someone 👀 

not buying the death threats pish. If that happened police would have been involved, statements been made and bans put in place none of which I have seen or heard of have been made. If true and proof of this then fine but lot of pish for me 

Imagine getting death threats (plural) sent to you and then casually turning your phone off and enjoying the bus journey home. Must’ve been really distressing. If there is anything even remotely close to being one it is being taken out of context and exaggerated to the extremes for the purpose of a social media post - which makes the fans look awful. There is just no way anyone can actually believe that death threats were made to anyone involved at the club because we were put out of the challenge cup. People fearing for their lives because we’d been beat in a diddy cup game, come on to f**k. 

32 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Obviously love where the club has been the last few years but there’s definitely something that feels lost now and less personal than it once was.

Supporting our great wee club you always felt that, from the board to the turnstile operators to the programme sellers to the staff in the pie shop, that everyone was pulling together in the same direction and were doing it for the love of the club.

Some of it feeling a bit billy big balls nowadays and that the club is drifting away from the fans a bit.

Maybe the board need a bit of introspection once the dust has settled after this season?

Perhaps I’ll be put on a blacklist for saying this.

I have liked the fact that there was a commercial director there bringing in revenue to the club that’s all great and good and well there’s an argument that there is a place for that

But I would love to know what the staff looks like beyond that from a non playing perspective.

Sounds like it’s all become a bit of a mess and we’ve lost some really good people who were doing good jobs and were actual fans and doing it for the love of the club…. with people who are not fans of the club and that do it for the cash and that do a worse job than the people who they replaced 

Also our social media manager also does First Team Analysis supposedly - I am sure that that’s a role that’s definitely required when they cant even tell the difference between Stevie May and Cillian fkn Sheridan 

21 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Imagine getting death threats (plural) sent to you and then casually turning your phone off and enjoying the bus journey home. Must’ve been really distressing. If there is anything even remotely close to being one it is being taken out of context and exaggerated to the extremes for the purpose of a social media post - which makes the fans look awful. There is just no way anyone can actually believe that death threats were made to anyone involved at the club because we were put out of the challenge cup. People fearing for their lives because we’d been beat in a diddy cup game, come on to f**k. 

I have liked the fact that there was a commercial director there bringing in revenue to the club that’s all great and good and well there’s an argument that there is a place for that

But I would love to know what the staff looks like beyond that from a non playing perspective.

Sounds like it’s all become a bit of a mess and we’ve lost some really good people who were doing good jobs and were actual fans and doing it for the love of the club…. with people who are not fans of the club and that do it for the cash and that do a worse job than the people who they replaced 

Also our social media manager also does First Team Analysis supposedly - I am sure that that’s a role that’s definitely required when they cant even tell the difference between Stevie May and Cillian fkn Sheridan 

Really don’t understand what there trying to do very confusing. 

on the social side the quality has declined with player knowledge and general vibe. I get it’s a very hard job but when someone’s paid to do it and apparently the data analyst too can’t even name a correct player you’d expect better imo. 

Why replace volunteers with paid staff when the output and service the fans get is worse - who signs off on that?

If we as fans are putting money into the club - and they have made additional funding opportunities for fans available too - we should know where it’s going - I’m not happy at the prospect of signing up to Always Arbroath when they’re paying some of these people to do a worse job than the volunteers and fans before them did - that can get to f**k

We are getting relegated and the revenue the club brings in will be significantly reduced - we cannot carry these positions and people when they’re worse than the volunteers the clubs driven away

It is winding me up something rotten

2 very serious things have been claimed in the recent past, Dick claiming to be spat on at Spartans and these death threat things, I certainly wasn’t aware of until now. Both things would surely be reported to Police, and they be fairly easy to prove or disprove. I haven’t seen any proof of these things happening up til now. 

The new social media guy is crap. There’s a noticeable decline in the quality of the output. Fkn Stevie May instead of Cillian Sheridan like come on that’s basics. I have absolutely no issue with the club professionalising and putting some more resources into the off-the-pitch stuff but it is simply not as good. I do like the Whatsapp channel though.  

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Why replace volunteers with paid staff when the output and service the fans get is worse - who signs off on that?

If we as fans are putting money into the club - and they have made additional funding opportunities for fans available too - we should know where it’s going - I’m not happy at the prospect of signing up to Always Arbroath when they’re paying some of these people to do a worse job than the volunteers and fans before them did - that can get to f**k

We are getting relegated and the revenue the club brings in will be significantly reduced - we cannot carry these positions and people when they’re worse than the volunteers the clubs driven away

It is winding me up something rotten

Many times do you want to repeat yourself ya diddy. 

You would think you were funding the whole club, and not someone who pays a few hundred quid for a season tickets the way you whine.

1 minute ago, Lichteeeeee said:

Many times do you want to repeat yourself ya diddy. 

You would think you were funding the whole club, and not someone who pays a few hundred quid for a season tickets the way you whine.

Great post 10/10 superb 

Cheers 👍🏻