The Arbroath Thread

16 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

It paints the fans in such bad light and if you’re in that position you cannot do that 

This is the crux of it for me. The club would be absolutely nothing without the supporters so to say those things about us is absolutely disgraceful 

Just now, lichtie23 said:

This is the crux of it for me. The club would be absolutely nothing without the supporters so to say those things about us is absolutely disgraceful 

Absolutely 

It has angered me more than any other thing that’s happened this season. 

And if it happened then fine, but then the question must be why were people not aware of it and why did the club not make a massive issue of it.

Imagine sending death threats to a manager of a football club online and the football club did or said nothing about it. Makes absolutely zero sense 

So either someone is lying or the clubs not taken it anywhere near as seriously as they should’ve 

3 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

The idea that we had full time players so that one of our board members could fund the development of the meadowbank houses through short term lets?  That was a good one!

Charge - Find and update company information - GOV.UK (company-information.service.gov.uk)

There's the charge the Booth's have taken out on one of their properties where it is documented that they have an agreement directly with the club to lease said property. 

They draw up a long term lease with club to house players.

That lease makes it more attractive for a bank to lend them money.

Money that can go towards developing the properties at Tarriebank and Inverkeilor.

1 hour ago, JobbieSandwich said:

You don't see any problems with this, not even the issue of conflict of interest?

Not in the slightest.  If anything, its the sort of thing I'd expect to see from the club.  They use business connections to make sure accommodation is available to players who sign for us.  Very sensible.  If anything, it would help with recruitment by assuring players that they won't have to worry about househunting themselves, the club will take care of them.

13 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Not in the slightest.  If anything, its the sort of thing I'd expect to see from the club.  They use business connections to make sure accommodation is available to players who sign for us.  Very sensible.  If anything, it would help with recruitment by assuring players that they won't have to worry about househunting themselves, the club will take care of them.

It'd maybe be fine if it was transparent and it was actually business connections. As it is, it's actually a director and his brother, now our 'hospitality manager' using club money to secure themselves a guaranteed income and better collateral for bank loans. 

The details of that agreement between the club and the Booth brothers needs cleared up. What if it's a 10 year lease at £1k per month? Are you still OK with it?

29 minutes ago, JobbieSandwich said:

It'd maybe be fine if it was transparent and it was actually business connections. As it is, it's actually a director and his brother, now our 'hospitality manager' using club money to secure themselves a guaranteed income and better collateral for bank loans. 

The details of that agreement between the club and the Booth brothers needs cleared up. What if it's a 10 year lease at £1k per month? Are you still OK with it?

I think you've lapsed into conspiracy led hysteria.

40 minutes ago, JobbieSandwich said:

its-its-always-sunny.gif

Just now, glasgowlichtie23 said:

People here seeming not to realise or know the ‘exotic’ background behind one of our most senior directors and how he was caught by police multiple times in youth stealing from his work.

Are you referring to the board member who got his Doctorate while at Her Majesty's pleasure?

2 minutes ago, glasgowlichtie23 said:

People here seeming not to realise or know the ‘exotic’ background behind one of our most senior directors and how he was caught by police multiple times in youth stealing from his work.

🪖

5 minutes ago, JobbieSandwich said:

I see you've not answered the question. Would you be happy if the club were paying an inflated price on a long term lease for a flat to a director?

To be quite honest, it wouldn't be the biggest of my concerns.  Incidentally, since you're the expert, does that mean the players live entirely rent free?

6 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

To be quite honest, it wouldn't be the biggest of my concerns.  Incidentally, since you're the expert, does that mean the players live entirely rent free?

I would imagine the accommodation will be a payment in kind as the paperwork I linked to earlier clearly states that the property is leased to the club and it's not a tenancy with the players.

Very worrying that the thought of Directors potentially syphoning funds out of the club would not be high on your list of concerns though.

28 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Dont let him live rent free in your head. 😉