The Arbroath Thread

16 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

It was only the end of January you were advocating he be given time to have a fully fit squad before talking about whether he should go. Β I genuinely don’t know, so can I ask how long he has had a fully fit squad for now?

Initially, his performances did suggest a big improvement.Β  Even with almost no players, we looked significantly better organised, played better football, and I'd argue we were very unlucky not to get more points.Β  Β  And yes, he's been absolutely shafted with injury, and as Simon correctly said above, we still don't have a fully fit squad.Β  We were also dealing with 18 months of frankly mismanagement, so I'd argue that its not all his fault.Β  I suspect that the way events went, we would have been relegated regardless of the manager.

However, it has been extremely poor in recent months.Β  The spirit has been kicked out of our team, and McIntyre is clearly not the person to bring it back.Β  Even potential feelgood stories seemed to immediately have the joy sucked out of them.Β  It might not be entirely his fault, but the thought of him getting another window and then leading the team into next season gives me the fear, and serious John Brownlie vibes.

21 minutes ago, keptie said:

His attitude stinks, i'm gonna have a hard time of it so i'll just not bother my arse then. Doing one good thing in 10 games doesn't cut it

But you’re prepared to give McIntyre more time, jeezoΒ 

3 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

I’m not trying to be wise after the facts and I can understand you may think I had an ulterior motive seeing as I am a Dundee fan but as I tried to explain late January McIntyre made a very poor Dundee side worse thereby confirming relegation. Β He made a Cove side worse, sending them well on the way to relegation. Β I genuinely thought when I posted back in January he was making Arbroath worse.

To me, three relegations in a row show he’s simply not up to it or alternatively it was the only gigs he was offered or they paid the most. Β Regardless which it is surely few clubs would now think to offer him a deal after he leaves Arbroath?

I never expected him to be brilliant but hoped he would at least steady the ship.

I don’t think fans of other clubs quite understand the utterly hellish situation we were in when he took over - an unbalanced squad, lacking quality who’d just taking pumpings off TNS and Spartans, and with an unprecedented injury situation.

Most clubs say they have an injury crisis when they have 3 or 4 key players out. We literally had 12-13 players, many of them first choice, out injured at the same time. When you have to bring on your sub keeper as centre forward because you have only 2 on the bench and yet another players had to go off injured, then you can see the kind of predicament we were in.

He had to be given time as it was a bizarre environment to be dropped into, how can anyone be judged is such circumstances? His early results and performances showed promise, especially considering the aforementioned issues. The more time has gone on though and with players returning from injury plus new guys coming in has showed that he’s not the man for the job.

I don’t buy this β€œhe was shite at Dundee and Cove (he wasn’t particularly), therefore he’s bound to get you relegated” stuff. He was good at Dunfermline but equally that doesn’t mean he would be a success. Some managers (and players) just seem to fit at certain clubs and not others.

I was willing to give him a chance but it’s not working and never will imo. Holding on to Campbell for so long and hoping that things would change is the reason we’re in this shit in the first place. By all means give him to the end of the season but unless there’s a gigantic upturn then it’s bye bye.

20 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Initially, his performances did suggest a big improvement.Β  Even with almost no players, we looked significantly better organised, played better football, and I'd argue we were very unlucky not to get more points.Β  Β  And yes, he's been absolutely shafted with injury, and as Simon correctly said above, we still don't have a fully fit squad.Β  We were also dealing with 18 months of frankly mismanagement, so I'd argue that its not all his fault.Β  I suspect that the way events went, we would have been relegated regardless of the manager.

However, it has been extremely poor in recent months.Β  The spirit has been kicked out of our team, and McIntyre is clearly not the person to bring it back.Β  Even potential feelgood stories seemed to immediately have the joy sucked out of them.Β  It might not be entirely his fault, but the thought of him getting another window and then leading the team into next season gives me the fear, and serious John Brownlie vibes.

Β 

2 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

I never expected him to be brilliant but hoped he would at least steady the ship.

I don’t think fans of other clubs quite understand the utterly hellish situation we were in when he took over - an unbalanced squad, lacking quality who’d just taking pumpings off TNS and Spartans, and with an unprecedented injury situation.

Most clubs say they have an injury crisis when they have 3 or 4 key players out. We literally had 12-13 players, many of them first choice, out injured at the same time. When you have to bring on your sub keeper as centre forward because you have only 2 on the bench and yet another players had to go off injured, then you can see the kind of predicament we were in.

He had to be given time as it was a bizarre environment to be dropped into, how can anyone be judged is such circumstances? His early results and performances showed promise, especially considering the aforementioned issues. The more time has gone on though and with players returning from injury plus new guys coming in has showed that he’s not the man for the job.

I don’t buy this β€œhe was shite at Dundee and Cove (he wasn’t particularly), therefore he’s bound to get you relegated” stuff. He was good at Dunfermline but equally that doesn’t mean he would be a success. Some managers (and players) just seem to fit at certain clubs and not others.

I was willing to give him a chance but it’s not working and never will imo. Holding on to Campbell for so long and hoping that things would change is the reason we’re in this shit in the first place. By all means give him to the end of the season but unless there’s a gigantic upturn then it’s bye bye.

I just think being involved with threeΒ relegated teams in a row (sorry but I think you are as good as relegated) is more than just coincidence. Β You both appear to be alluding to the fact he’s still potentially a good manager. Β Nothing wrong with that as football is all about opinions. Β Out of interest, once he leaves Arbroath which level of club do you think he will manage next?

3 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Β 

I just think being involved with threeΒ relegated teams in a row (sorry but I think you are as good as relegated) is more than just coincidence. Β You both appear to be alluding to the fact he’s still potentially a good manager. Β Nothing wrong with that as football is all about opinions. Β Out of interest, once he leaves Arbroath which level of club do you think he will manage next?

We were as good as relegated weeks ago.Β  I don't think he relegated Cove though.Β  They might well have been okay if they hadn't brought Hartley back.Β  I also don't blame him for all that has happened to us.Β  Dick Campbell had his resignation accepted by the club (which came as a surprise to him), I was one of those who wanted him gone, and the mistakes he made over a sustained period of time brought us to this point, but that doesn't mean I think he's a bad manager.Β  It just hasn't worked for us.

6 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Β 

Have stated before in this thread (mid December) on McIntyres record at Cove and what happened when Hartley came back in. Night and day. So can for the love of f**k can we put the "he got Cove relegated" to bed as its about as true as saying Dundee are better than Man City.

Β 

1 minute ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Have stated before in this thread (mid December) on McIntyres record at Cove and what happened when Hartley came back in. Night and day. So can for the love of f**k can we put the "he got Cove relegated" to bed as its about as true as saying Dundee are better than Man City.

Β 

Exactly.

Before he came to us his track record was such that I could understand him being given a chance.

Good at Dunfermline, terrible at Dundee and so so at Cove. Hardly a horrendous cv.

6 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Β 

Mcintyre was the best available at the time

8 minutes ago, Anotherlichtie said:

Mcintyre was the best available at the time

Was he, was said they had a shortlist of 3, anyone know who the others were

McIntyres spent his first 2 months just trying to get a team on the pitch. Then the next 2 months trying to get the best out of a team thats clearly no longer cut out for the Championship.

The players got a bit of a lift and looked up for the fight but once the injuries piled up, the loss of Hylton and the inabilty to make any quality signings (Other than Reilly) McIntyre was doomed to fail. The players heads have dropped too much and look 2 yards off the pace.Β 

If the club really wanted to stay up we would have went for it and made more quality signings (many didnt want anymore signings and happy to right iff this season) and freed players such as Turan and Jacobs. Take the financial hit if need be.

But we relied on hoping ToB, Little, McKenna, Hamilton, etc would come back from injury fully fit, not drop out again and be back at their best. That didnt work.

Too much rot in the team. Too many problems to deal with. Too little time to fix them.

7 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

Maybe it was the same invisible folk that were showering Campbell with spit?

Someone saying on FB that they’ve been blocked on twitter and instagram due to negative posts. Another got a personal email from the club about their comments.

Fucking shambles, as if things aren’t bad enough on the pitch.

Β 

πŸ™‹πŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ It’s me that’s been blocked on twitter due to a post last week saying β€œIs artur boruc paying this admin” because of our incessant posts painting boruc to be some hero when we were 4-0 down. Nothing else was said and I was only blocked this morning πŸ˜‚ 0 death threats same as there was 0 people spitting at campbell at spartans. Embarassing stuff really

IMG_1776.png

6 hours ago, glasgowlichtie23 said:

πŸ™‹πŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ It’s me that’s been blocked on twitter due to a post last week saying β€œIs artur boruc paying this admin” because of our incessant posts painting boruc to be some hero when we were 4-0 down. Nothing else was said and I was only blocked this morning πŸ˜‚ 0 death threats same as there was 0 people spitting at campbell at spartans. Embarassing stuff really

IMG_1776.png

This is really annoying me - what kind of idiot thinks that people are sending death threats were no in fkn Colombia ffs.Β 
Β 

And I totally understand what you mean. How can it be so hard to read the room when tweeting, if we’re 4-0 down why tweet in that manner it’s ridiculous and just annoys people. Spent the whole match against QP calling Cillian Sheridan… Stevie May too. πŸ˜‚

When you’re the one who’s job it is to engage with fans on social media it’s probably not the best idea to slate them and bang on about getting death threats so you can make your pishy shitey full of cliched nonsense LinkedIn post look good.Β 
Β 

Β 

Β 

15 hours ago, SmokeyJoe said:

Poor again.Β 
Β 

jim goes for me they subs today we absolutely baffling. No even any sort of change to try win that game today. We absolutely haven’t got any better under him he has his best spell when we had 11/12 players fitΒ 

Exactly. 1-0 down and he brings on a striker but takes Bird off, when we needed to win. Better to try and turn the game round and lose another goal, than meekly accept defeat. The board needs to look at if he is the man to get us back up. I fear not.Β 

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

This is really annoying me - what kind of idiot thinks that people are sending death threats were no in fkn Colombia ffs.Β 
Β 

And I totally understand what you mean. How can it be so hard to read the room when tweeting, if we’re 4-0 down why tweet in that manner it’s ridiculous and just annoys people. Spent the whole match against QP calling Cillian Sheridan… Stevie May too. πŸ˜‚

When you’re the one who’s job it is to engage with fans on social media it’s probably not the best idea to slate them and bang on about getting death threats so you can make your pishy shitey full of cliched nonsense LinkedIn post look good.Β 
Β 

Β 

Β 

This is what I’m referring to by the way - this has annoyed me more than any on the park stuff I’m kind of resigned to the fact we’re L1 bound and a lot of the players here will be moving on and it’s all kind of run its natural course and come to a disappointing endΒ 

Β 

But this is just not on, for a club employee to post this about the fans is not on. To absolutely throw the fans under the bus purely to try and exaggerate and add effect to your shitey LinkedIn post - it can absolutely gtf.

There’s no way any of the other stuff happened, could you imagine Pink wanting to sit down and have a β€˜wonderful conversation steeped in emotion’ with the boy who runs social media after we’ve been pumped 4-1Β 

Β 

Absolute Birthday Card pish - Β bring back Graham Black and all the other volunteers who actually cared about the club and the fans because they were actually fans themselvesΒ 

Β 

Β 

IMG_3960.jpeg

Edited by 1320Lichtie

387 Lichtie Apperances
2 League Winners Medals
36,000 header’s won
An All Time Lichtie Legend

Have a wonderful testimonial dinner tonight. You deserve it for your dedication to our club!Β 

Sir Ricky Little πŸ‡±πŸ‡»

IMG_1196.jpeg

6 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

This is what I’m referring to by the way - this has annoyed me more than any on the park stuff I’m kind of resigned to the fact we’re L1 bound and a lot of the players here will be moving on and it’s all kind of run its natural course and come to a disappointing endΒ 

Β 

But this is just not on, for a club employee to post this about the fans is not on. To absolutely throw the fans under the bus purely to try and exaggerate and add effect to your shitey LinkedIn post - it can absolutely gtf.

There’s no way any of the other stuff happened, could you imagine Pink wanting to sit down and have a β€˜wonderful conversation steeped in emotion’ with the boy who runs social media after we’ve been pumped 4-1Β 

Β 

Absolute Birthday Card pish - Β bring back Graham Black and all the other volunteers who actually cared about the club and the fans because they were actually fans themselvesΒ 

Β 

Β 

IMG_3960.jpeg

Β 

Also - would just like to clarifyΒ 
Β 

I am and was all for the Always Arbroath thing - but I would like to know how much we are paying guys like the above because there’s absolutely no way I would want to be contributing towards the wages of idiots like thisΒ 

Β 

Β 

I definitely agree that the social media isn't as good as its been in previous seasons, although I will comment that last season, some of our fans were incandescent with rage that our socials spent too much time showing pictures of dugs and birthdays....

I think there's a real malaise around the club from the top down.Β  Even the merchandise promotion feels half hearted.Β  Its one of my reasons I think we need a manager change.Β  We need a fresh start next season.

1 hour ago, TASC_1878 said:

387 Lichtie Apperances
2 League Winners Medals
36,000 header’s won
An All Time Lichtie Legend

Have a wonderful testimonial dinner tonight. You deserve it for your dedication to our club!Β 

Sir Ricky Little πŸ‡±πŸ‡»

IMG_1196.jpeg

Moved into 4th place on our appearances list on his own yesterday, club legend πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘