The Arbroath Thread

14 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Jay Bird, what's your thoughts on him this season?

Thought he looked a right good prospect in the pre season games as he looks to have loads of positive attributes but every time I see him in your highlights it just looks like he can't be arsed.

Is it a case of lots of talent but no drive?

Definitely got goals in him given proper service, but I think you are spot on with his lack of drive.

16 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Disgusting behaviour.  And presumably this is why we've deliberately been targeting trialists from down south, so we can get the flats filled with trialists, and the club's money can build those new houses in Inverkeilor?

I didn't think they were still going ahead, I thought it had all ground to a halt after various deaths and bankruptcies? 

I can lead you to water but I can't make you drink it.

The last I'll say on the matter is that the club should be very careful bringing in board members/directors from a business background with no history of support for the club. 

Will come back in a couple of years in the hope that I've been proven wrong.

16 hours ago, glasgowlichtie23 said:

I’m not making a ‘shitty comment’ at all I’m taking notice of some of the things being said here and hoping to provide some useful information by telling people that ‘DR’ Gary Callon is a convicted criminal 👍 So you can take a jump down from your high horse there and calm your jets

Is there a moderator who can block this sort of trolling?

2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Jay Bird, what's your thoughts on him this season?

Thought he looked a right good prospect in the pre season games as he looks to have loads of positive attributes but every time I see him in your highlights it just looks like he can't be arsed.

Is it a case of lots of talent but no drive?

Good player but very frustrating . Can hold onto the ball to often at times but that could be to do with the current team. 
Also heard another of our players is a done deal to Falkirk next season. 

4 minutes ago, Monkfish85 said:

Good player but very frustrating . Can hold onto the ball to often at times but that could be to do with the current team. 
Also heard another of our players is a done deal to Falkirk next season. 

Who's that?

Bird's a McGlynn wet dream in terms of his mould for a striker and at 22 there's plenty of development in there but I worry his lack of desire is holding that back. Could just be he needs the right manager to bring that hunger out of him.

Edited by FFC 1876

11 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Who's that?

Bird's a McGlynn wet dream in terms of his mould for a striker and at 22 there's plenty of development in there but I worry his lack of desire is holding that back. Could just be he needs the right manager to bring that hunger out of him.

I think he would get more out him and the way you guys play would suit him more. Definitely a player in there . 

Had heard murmurs from someone in the club Mikey McKenna turned down new deal and is going to Falkirk. Not sure if there’s any truth in it .

4 minutes ago, Monkfish85 said:

I think he would get more out him and the way you guys play would suit him more. Definitely a player in there . 

Had heard murmurs from someone in the club Mikey McKenna turned down new deal and is going to Falkirk. Not sure if there’s any truth in it .

We're in need of a new number 10 to push Nesbitt and Oliver for the starting spot but I would have never imagined Mckenna as an option. 

Would be strange for him to go full time at 33.

3 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

We're in need of a new number 10 to push Nesbitt and Oliver for the starting spot but I would have never imagined Mckenna as an option. 

Would be strange for him to go full time at 33.

That really wouldn’t make sense for him. He has a good job as an electrician I believe.

Staying part time and likely playing in L1 I would surely suit him much better.

I think we have to remember that Bird actually played very little career football before coming to us.  I don't think he's used to playing week in week out, and I think that shows. At the start of the season in particular, he had a lot of knocks and wee niggles.

I think he's been excellent in general for us, and he actually looks like a proper dedicated striker.  He also has a nice eye for goal.  However, he can look disinterested and fall out of the game for big chunks of time.  Partly poor service, but also partly him being marked out of the game and possibly being a bit lazy.  

There's room for improvement there, but I'd love to see him sign for another season.

Disappointed to see Arbroath in this position. Great away day in the Championship. Although you were so close to going up to the top league, the differing fortunes of our two teams highlights the need for the bigger teams to be on the top league. The smaller teams can add very little in support or competition. We need to lose Livi asap and probably Ross Co. Need Dundee Utd, Dunfermline and Falkirk up as well. 

Doubt McKenna would go FT at 33 and doubt Falkirk would want hybrid players too. Heard that Falkirk were interested in TOB again same with him can’t see it happening. If either or both to leave I’d say it would be to east fife 

2 hours ago, JobbieSandwich said:

I can lead you to water but I can't make you drink it.

The last I'll say on the matter is that the club should be very careful bringing in board members/directors from a business background with no history of support for the club. 

Will come back in a couple of years in the hope that I've been proven wrong.

When you leave, can you please take @Anotherlichtie, @Lichteeeeee and @glasgowlichtie23 with you?

That would be great,  thanks.

2 hours ago, Rugbypark said:

Disappointed to see Arbroath in this position. Great away day in the Championship. Although you were so close to going up to the top league, the differing fortunes of our two teams highlights the need for the bigger teams to be on the top league. The smaller teams can add very little in support or competition. We need to lose Livi asap and probably Ross Co. Need Dundee Utd, Dunfermline and Falkirk up as well. 

Highlights f**k all. League places are determind on merit. If a "big" team does shite and tumbles down the leagues then so be it. If a "small" works its way up then good for them.

I dont care if a club turns up at games with 20 away fans and manages to win a league. Its what happens on the pitch that counts.

8 hours ago, timlichtie said:

I really hope that Ricky Little will want to continue with the Lichties next season. He has been an inspiration. His full blooded performances in recent games is typical of his attitude throughout his time at Gayfield.

Sad to see some of the nasty, spiteful comments about club officials. I’ve nothing but praise for all those guys who have given so much of their time and effort to build the club we now have. 

Spot on Tim.

Not been on here for a while but some of those toxic posts about AFC Board Officials are shocking, plenty of folk have made mistakes in the past and paid the price for their wrongdoings so lets leave it there and i know most of the AFC Board Officials on a personal level and the time and effort they put in for our club is admirable and unless other folk want to give up their time to replace then then keep the sh#t=steering out of it.

OK back to fitba matters, i agree with others when we were 1-0 down on Saturday i would have brought on McIntosh to partner Bird up front to "go for it" as be as well getting beat 2-0/3-0 rather than holding onto a 1-0 defeat trying to sneak something rather than have a real go to win the game.

I am also not convinced with McIntyre and cannot see any passion in him, he started decent but his signings in the main have been pretty poor and i am now on the side of getting someone else in, sometimes things do not work out for various reasons.

So chuffed for Ricky Little having a fantastic turn-out on Sunday night in what turned out to be a great night, well done Ricky Little a Red Lichtie Legend and well deserved.

C'Mon the Red Lichties, 36-0. 

2 hours ago, SmokeyJoe said:

Doubt McKenna would go FT at 33 and doubt Falkirk would want hybrid players too. Heard that Falkirk were interested in TOB again same with him can’t see it happening. If either or both to leave I’d say it would be to east fife 

Aye, there's no way Mikey would be going full time. I know his dad pretty well, he said with his age and along with running a successful business, it'll never happen.

Alex Little (father of Ricky) has asked us to pass this message on to the wonderful Lichtie support

“Margaret and myself would just like to thank all the clubs supporters who attended Ricky's Testimonial Dinner on Sunday , you all helped make it a very special night not only for Ricky , but for his wife Roisin and the rest of our family . Thank you all once again 🙂

🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

19 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

When you leave, can you please take @Anotherlichtie, @Lichteeeeee and @glasgowlichtie23 with you?

That would be great,  thanks.

Awww, another sore loser who can't take someone else's opinion.

Its weird how the oddballs come out in force when things are all going wrong, people ranting like they own the club, people calling directors criminals, people calling out our own players. 

I'm glad as supporters, that the odd behaviour is in the minority, but for the odd few on here, its great entertainment.

What was it i said previously that you didnt like?

1. DC was a terrible manager and that he wouldnt change his tactics? ( I was right )

2. Was it the time i said there was bother in the dressing room, and 4-5 signed players left, i was called out and told there was no rift and that i was " havering " ( think again i was proven right )

3. Was it the time i said Noubles mates will not do, Dick said he was using Nouble and his contacts from down south to find players, this was in one of the local papers. ( I was right again all were pish and all gone now )

Maybe its the truth you dont like.

Whether i was right or wrong, people are allowed an opinion, and you will just have to suck it up if it doesnt fit with yours.  But i think even a dummy like you would be able to tell, one of us was giving out the info, and one of us havers on here, shame your to thick to realise. 

23 hours ago, Rugbypark said:

The powers that be should make it impossible for the “smaller teams” to get promoted imo. You might be the best team in the league and deservedly sit top of the pile after 36 games, but it means nothing if you don’t have a bigger support than the teams you’re competing with.

Clown.