The Arbroath Thread

8 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Quick question. Does anyone remember us hitting the bar in the 1st half today? 

No. I remember the Dunfermline goalkeeper making a save from McIntosh and Gold having a bicycle kick that was pretty tame in the end. Don’t recall us hitting the bar 

Our Facebook comments are wild at times :lol:

Main gripes seem to be taking Mikey off and that the players aren't playing for the manager..... I thought the second half showed the absolute opposite of that. If we'd come out second half and just accepted defeat and tossed it off then my position would certainly be moving towards McIntyre leaving, but we showed a tremendous amount of fight in the second half. I think McIntyre got the starting 11 and the subs pretty much spot on today to be honest. Ultimately we're simply not good enough, a team devoid of confidence and match fitness.

Mikey and Tam, two of our long term players who are a real backbone of our team, have really struggled in the past few months. Tam hampered with what now seems like four different injuries this calendar year and Mikey obviously lacking fitness and match sharpness as his performance today showed. It absolutely sums our season up. Both of them are quality players, and with a good pre-season behind them they'll be top end L1 players next year.

Just now, SimonLichtie said:

Main gripes seem to be taking Mikey off and that the players aren't playing for the manager..... I thought the second half showed the absolute opposite of that. If we'd come out second half and just accepted defeat and tossed it off then my position would certainly be moving towards McIntyre leaving, but we showed a tremendous amount of fight in the second half. I think McIntyre got the starting 11 and the subs pretty much spot on today to be honest. Ultimately we're simply not good enough, a team devoid of confidence and match fitness.

Mikey and Tam, two of our long term players who are a real backbone of our team, have really struggled in the past few months. Tam hampered with what now seems like four different injuries this calendar year and Mikey obviously lacking fitness and match sharpness as his performance today showed. It absolutely sums our season up. Both of them are quality players, and with a good pre-season behind them they'll be top end L1 players next year.

Normally agree with a lot you say Simon, 

The sub needed today was Bird on for McIntosh and drop McKenna back, we had just scored the 2nd goal and then lost all momentum taking McKenna off, McKenna looked fine and had a massive hand in both goals,

I don't really know if they are playing for him, hard to tell going on first half, something doesn't look right, there's a massive divide in the support and he has massive work to do to convince the majority he deserves to stay, 

24 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

Agree

I think our best chance to gain any consistency or go into next season in a stable position we either need to keep McIntyre and give him a fair chance of it - we obviously thought he was the man when we appointed him so not sure why that’s changed based off of what he’s had to deal with 

Or we get rid right now and have someone new in who we think is the right man within the next couple of weeks - if we leave it until the end of the season we are at risk of not only losing out on players we have at the club already but potential new signings too as they’ll not know what the script is for next year and will end up elsewhere - finding this right guy to come in as manager with a whole coaching staff seems a lot harder than giving McIntyre a chance at it 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

5 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

We don't want to taint anyone else.  Let him take the hit, then we can have a proper fresh start in the summer.

What’s this taint stuff

Nobody coming in now will be expected to keep us up - this season is over and away - the work for next season cannot wait whoever the manager is going to be needs to get started on working towards it ASAP

13 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

What’s this taint stuff

Nobody coming in now will be expected to keep us up - this season is over and away - the work for next season cannot wait whoever the manager is going to be needs to get started on working towards it ASAP

I have already explained the whole fresh start thing, as have others.  At this point, you seem woefully obtuse.

1 minute ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I have already explained the whole fresh start thing, as have others.  At this point, you seem woefully obtuse.

So just chuck 6 weeks of preparing for next season away for a ‘fresh start’ - why would it not be a fresh start if they come in right now? 😂

2 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Supporters explaining their opinions aren't facts except in said supporters head.

We’ve been relegation fodder for most of this season due to the squad we started with. The January window was never going to yield signings likely to turn things round.

The last 2 games we’ve been unlucky to lose by the odd goal. I can see commitment and progress. We need to get to the end of the season and take stock.

I understand that Macintosh has an option to leave at the end of the season. He should be a priority to sign. Great today.