The Arbroath Thread

We are relegated no doubts about it. All I’d like is for us to be competitive and actually look half decent. We have some players there to do that. Lot of boys are playing for contracts here or elsewhere if they’ve chucked it and on there holidays already let them sit in the stands 

I'm a great fan of Mikey but the last few weeks he's been way off his usual standard, I heard all the rumbles in the crowd today when he was subbed but I wasn't surprised in the slightest I thought he was poor, as for TOB he's being thrown into the lions den when he's obviously not fit, today showed that up big time. The season is done now let him rest for as long as need be, not doing him any favours. 

Not for one minute do I think Mckenna was anywhere near his best today, However he had contributed to the first goal, then had a massive hand in the winning of the 2nd corner and then took the corner, The timing was completely wrong, the momentum was with us, Why take him off the second the goal goes in? 

1 hour ago, lichtiemike said:

McKenna getting hooked was fair enough, he was off it. 

Not sure he's done much for a while now,  one of those you darent criticise however 

On 29/03/2024 at 18:27, 1320Lichtie said:

I think we’ve just got to give McIntyre a pre season and a proper summer window to get his own group of guys together otherwise we’re kind of chucking him without giving him a proper chance at the job 

He has been chasing his tail and firefighting the whole time he’s been here with a team and squad that would be up against it in this league even if we were strong and never had injuries to deal with 

Right now there’ll be a lot of players in that dressing room who know they are away and sub consciously think we are down and that’ll have an effect too

Absolutely no point switching manager again in the summer for me 

Nope. No fight, no defence, no hope, no results. Very poor. I’d change this summer asap. 

10 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I’m not sure how he’d be tainted with this relegation Jose Mourinho wouldn’t have kept us up in these circumstances.

Fair enough if you want JM binned - I am not sure it would be the best move. Think very quickly it could end up with just shouting for the managers head as soon as things go wrong, like I said 3 months into next year and it’s looking like a poor move with the new guy if we did make a change then what happens then? 

Surely he’s already looking at and talking to players for next year - like Pink said before your summer targets are usually lined up 6 months beforehand. If he leaves the players he’d been talking to already don’t come then I dunno how we’d manage to assemble a half decent squad for next season. Loads of guys will have an idea where they’re off to already.

If we’re going to be binning him we’d need to have the next guy lined up and that next guy will have needed to start trying putting things in place and putting feelers out there - also whoever that guy may be will have probably went for it the last time and knew they were second choice. 

I’m not sure who would be a better option than McIntyre either really. Does anyone even have any suggestions? 

Jose Mourinho wouldn’t have kept us up?  Yes he would. I wanted him gone but Dick Campbell would have made a better fist of it. 

6 minutes ago, Housecaptain said:

Does anyone on here think McIntyre will walk of his own volition at the end of the season if things don't improve? 

Probably not, would you if you were getting paid and had a contact  ?

Will be sorry to see you lads go.

Have had a soft spot for Arbroath for years.

Love the town, one of my favourite away days, with multiple excellent pubs (was in The Lochlands pre-match, in West Port after as always). My second best chippy of all time was in one down in the harbour in Arbroath.

I think Gayfield is an excellent ground.

Any Lichties fans I've met have been sound as f**k. 

Edited by DA Baracus

3 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

I’m trying really hard to stay positive. So……

If we win on Tuesday and then beat Caley in Inverness on Saturday we are only 3 points behind them 

The Club should offer an incentive to the players to win these games and keep the season alive for as long as possible. 

1 minute ago, Housecaptain said:

The Club should offer an incentive to the players to win these games and keep the season alive for as long as possible. 

That's a good suggestion,  however back in the real world.......

47 minutes ago, Blablabla said:

I take it Booner has left his position? Going by the dude in the suit repairing divots on the pitch at half time, am I right in assuming this? 

He’s being punted apparently to be replaced by certain someone’s pal 👀 

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Will be sorry to see you lads go.

Have had a soft spot for Arbroath for years.

Love the town, one of my favourite away days, with multiple excellent pubs (was in The Lochlands pre-match, in West Port after as always). My second best chippy of all time was in one down in the harbour in Arbroath.

I think Gayfield is an excellent ground.

Any Lichties fans I've met have been sound as f**k. 

Agreed 100%. A real loss to the Championship. Best of luck for next season lads - I’m hoping you’ll be straight back up.

Best wishes from Greenock.