The Arbroath Thread

Are we allowed to be excited about new signings or are we all simply being idiots and falling for the shiny new signings?

Because in my opinion - Calum Gallagher, Leighton McIntosh and Gavin Reilly are 3 cracking striker options for a L1 team 

2 year deal too 👍🏻 

4 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Are we allowed to be excited about new signings or are we all simply being idiots and falling for the shiny new signings?

Because in my opinion - Calum Gallagher, Leighton McIntosh and Gavin Reilly are 3 cracking striker options for a L1 team 

2 year deal too 👍🏻 

Is Leighton 100% signed 

Might see him play on the wing

Just now, lichtiekev said:

Is Leighton 100% signed 

Might see him play on the wing

Yeah he was one of the 11 - I think you’d have the luxury of all 3 of them fighting for the 2 spots 

It’s a good problem to have though really 

4 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Yeah he was one of the 11 - I think you’d have the luxury of all 3 of them fighting for the 2 spots 

It’s a good problem to have though really 

I wouldn’t be surprised if McIntosh is away in the summer. Iv been told he’s got options to go elsewhere 

1 minute ago, ecto said:

Heard a crazy thing, Hammys brother is coming to keep goal, might be nonsense

Funnily enough I threw his name out there as a potential keeper to @Lichtie78 weeks ago 

Just now, RedLichtie86 said:

Oh no.

Think he’d be a great keeper for L1 to be honest. 

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

Funnily enough I threw his name out there as a potential keeper to @Lichtie78 weeks ago 

Think he’d be a great keeper for L1 to be honest. 

That was my thought, 

4 minutes ago, ecto said:

That was my thought, 

Guys played 5 games in the Premiership this year and before that don’t think he’s ever been as far down as L1 (permanently not on loan) - only 30 year old too.

Will see if it happens but don’t think you could really get much better considering our position 

But delighted with Reilly. Quick scroll of QoTs thread and everyone saying he works really hard too. Him and Gallagher could be a great duo 

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if McIntosh is away in the summer. Iv been told he’s got options to go elsewhere 

Mcintosh was signed on a 1 year deal with option for another year so no guarantees he’ll stay

1 hour ago, glasgowlichtie23 said:

Great to see some 2 year deals being handed out. A welcome change from the short term deals we were used to with DC

DC handed out longer term deals quite regularly.

Just now, Hammerafc said:

Think they were talking about the hybrid players. Had a few signed on 6 month deal and others on only 1 years.

13 minutes ago, Hammerafc said:

12 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Think they were talking about the hybrid players. Had a few signed on 6 month deal and others on only 1 years.

Yeah. Was mostly on about the boys from down south we got who were mostly on 6 months.