The Arbroath Thread

Still don’t understand why the board kept him on, serial loser. Made Stenny look far better than they are. Tactics are absolutely shocking, just constant high balls up to Reilly?? What are we expecting to do with him up against two massive c***s in the air.

Coulson probably about the only positive, some strike and he’s done enough to deserve a start next week imo.

3 hours ago, ecto said:

Well, good luck everyone, season starts today, season 51 for me, still get butterflies 

Well done. 👍

53rd season for me ... still start the season with stupidly high hopes as always, knowing full well the bubble will burst before August is out.  Cannae beat the fitba', bring it on.

4 minutes ago, ellichtie said:

Still don’t understand why the board kept him on, serial loser. Made Stenny look far better than they are. Tactics are absolutely shocking, just constant high balls up to Reilly?? What are we expecting to do with him up against two massive c***s in the air.

Coulson probably about the only positive, some strike and he’s done enough to deserve a start next week imo.

Stood the whole game with his hands behind his back, Naysmith was almost on the pitch giving instructions and coaching,

I don't see no plan or actually understand what we are trying to do, Callaghan is way to slow and negative and I'm amazed he lasted the 90 minutes,

I'd be a lot more willing and understanding to give him more time if there was any positives or improvement in performances, but again we are in the same position after yet another defeat where at end of the day it's just not good enough and there's nothing to convince me he can turn it around,

No doubt people will be on to say that "we're a team in transition", and we'll be fine "once our two strikers are fully fit".  Oh, and lets not forget all those magical loan players that were going to join us once the league cup group stages were over.  So far this season, played 5, won 1, and that was against a league 2 side.  

Montrose at Gayfield is now massive for the management team. Losing at home to our closest rivals could well cook their goose. No sign of a cohesive game plan yet despite now having a decent squad. Maybe start with the 11 who finished today at Stenny.

9 hours ago, TASC_1878 said:

Happy new league season day to Lichties all over the world! Safe journey to any supporter travelling to Stenhousemuir today. Let’s get behind the team from the start.

In Jim and the lads we trust! Cmon Arbroath 🇱🇻

8 hours ago, relichtie said:

C'mon lichties. Nuff said

5 hours ago, ecto said:

Well, good luck everyone, season starts today, season 51 for me, still get butterflies 

4 hours ago, 36-0 Maroon said:

Let’s go the Super Red Lichties 🇱🇻⚽❤️🔥 Hoping to kick off the New Season in style so going 3-1 Smokies and another Flag Day ruined 😂😂😂🙌🙌🙌

2 hours ago, glasgowlichtie23 said:

this is terrible viewing i’ve seen enough 

Sorry lads no offence but this juxtaposition had me fair chuckling.

Wasn’t there…

give me one single reason anyone who was there or otherwise why Jum deserves or has earned the right to stay on…

a narrow win against Bonnyrigg and a penalty win against a depleted (as we were ) ICT side for me doesn’t quite suggest we are or were on the “up”….

I take no pleasure at all in this but surely to god it’s clear that JM is not the guy to help get us going.

explain to me otherwise ….happy and want to be wrong

1 game into a 36 game league season and folk already losing their shit.

Not defending the result but lets see what happens over the next 3/4 games before losing it.

I certainly wont be happy if we are not playing well and not winning games by that point.