The Arbroath Thread

I think it is worthwhile to thank all the fans of other teams who have congratulated the A.F.C fans and the team for winning the league. A Stirling Albion official passed on his regards as I walked over the pitch to join the fans applauding the team.

That is what football should be about.

Well done Arbroath. Not quite invincible away from home but a great record nonetheless. DC is one of those guys who takes a ton of abuse during games but I was elated for him listening to his comments on the radio.

I agree with Housecaptain. Thanks to fans of other clubs for their congratulations and thank you to Stirling staff for making it an enjoyable day. The stewards were very tolerant easygoing. The pie shop staff were friendly under pressure from a big support and the Stirling officials and staff were great in allowing us to join the players on the pitch.

9 minutes ago, David W said:

Well done Arbroath. Not quite invincible away from home but a great record nonetheless. DC is one of those guys who takes a ton of abuse during games but I was elated for him listening to his comments on the radio.

I haven't heard his comments yet, so look forward to that, but yes he does take lot of stick, from home and away fans. But he is thst sort of character, and plays up to it too. Lot of love for Dick tonight!

Congratulations to Arbroath. The league doesn't lie, the best team wins over the season. Well done to DC, he's demonstrated to the Forfar board they were wrong, even more wrong appointing Bollan. Enjoy your night all Arbroath supporters.

Very decent all the congratulation messages from other fans, fair play.....

Onto today I'm absolutely delighted for all the lads, especially for the likes of Ricky Little, Bobby Linn and Doris, all Arbroath legends, great seeing them all on the pitch with all there family's, clearly a close group and hopefully we can keep the majority for next season....

Also shout out to outgoing chairman...what a way to go....

Edited by lichtiekev

2 hours ago, WT Figo said:

Brilliant result but tense at the end. Official figure of 1175 Arbroath fans there

That's an impressive following. Must be twice the normal home support. Just hope some of those who turned up for the day enjoyed it enough to start coming along regularly next season to your games. 

Nice screen shot from Soccer Saturday tonight! 

Just back in Arbroath now and am very, very happy with how the season has panned out. A huge well done to Dick, Ian and the rest of the management/coaching staff. Made some excellent signings as well as transforming the remnants of last season's squad by giving them belief and believing in them. I know that there were some doubtful fans with his appointment, as well as some less than friendly comments his way in some games. But you cannot complain about him taking the Club from bottom of the league to Champions in one season. I did wonder at times during the season whether he would stick around next season, if promotion wasn't achieved, but I think that the affection the fans genuinely do have for him, came across loud and clear before and after the game.

IMG_1066.JPG

11 minutes ago, WT Figo said:

Nice screen shot from Soccer Saturday tonight! 

Just back in Arbroath now and am very, very happy with how the season has panned out. A huge well done to Dick, Ian and the rest of the management/coaching staff. Made some excellent signings as well as transforming the remnants of last season's squad by giving them belief and believing in them. I know that there were some doubtful fans with his appointment, as well as some less than friendly comments his way in some games. But you cannot complain about him taking the Club from bottom of the league to Champions in one season. I did wonder at times during the season whether he would stick around next season, if promotion wasn't achieved, but I think that the affection the fans genuinely do have for him, came across loud and clear before and after the game.

IMG_1066.JPG

That just kinda looks right and natural:)

Well done the players, management and board for a title winning season it makes all the downers following a part time team like Arbroath worthwhile it very rarely happens so all the sweeter when it does.