The Arbroath Thread

21 hours ago, afc_36_0 said:

Enjoying the absolute meltdown from forfar fans emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

I don't think it's meltdown , more euphoria.We thought we were stuck with him for another season.Highest paid player who contributed little and kept better players(Foxy) on the bench while he danced about the half way line avoiding all physical contact.

Probably the worst Captain we have ever had. 

Please come for him, any reasonable offer secures.

54 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

They've kept Andy Munro tho

I thoroughly enjoyed them announcing Andy Munro and Michael Travis re-signing as some sort of coup for the club around the time everyone knew DD/ ToB were joining us in an effort to appease their furious fans :lol:

Two sides to the Swankie coin. He's obviously more experienced at a higher level than a lot of the boys, but he's obviously a well known petulant wee shite. If DC is confident he can manage him, then he could be an asset. I'd like to think our dressing room is strong enough that he wouldn't be able to influence them negatively, and if he did I'd hope he would get weeded out.

would only take him as backup, and for a fraction of his last contract

19 minutes ago, Big lichtie said:

have to say would take swanks back you can never have to many good players in your team. also we have a lot of strong personalities in the changing room little hammy doris etc if he started any nonsense it would be sorted out

Nah, Gav would just sulk and be a pain in the arse until he was gone, a leopard rarely changes it's spots, defensive cover needs to be addressed first 

Two sides to the Swankie coin. He's obviously more experienced at a higher level than a lot of the boys, but he's obviously a well known petulant wee shite. If DC is confident he can manage him, then he could be an asset. I'd like to think our dressing room is strong enough that he wouldn't be able to influence them negatively, and if he did I'd hope he would get weeded out.
would only take him as backup, and for a fraction of his last contract

Tremendous username by the way!

Happy with Gav being back, one of the most gifted players ever to wear the Red Lichtie shirt, home boy(which is always good if you are good enough), DC seems to get the best out of him plus he has played with a fair number of our squad in the past, i also think Gav will want to prove a point to a few doubters at his ex-club and probably a few AFC fans so look forward to seeing him back in the maroon kit.

Happy with Gav being back, one of the most gifted players ever to wear the Red Lichtie shirt, home boy(which is always good if you are good enough), DC seems to get the best out of him plus he has played with a fair number of our squad in the past, i also think Gav will want to prove a point to a few doubters at his ex-club and probably a few AFC fans so look forward to seeing him back in the maroon kit.

How I feel too.

If it comes to be I will be delighted. Swankie getting on the ball and having DD/Linn and Doris running in behind just sounds superb.

Also funny how Ecto seems to think he has been behind the scenes throughout Gavs career seeing things none of the rest of us have.

Welcome home Gavin :)

Another top quality signing, whilst I still think a defender is a must there's no getting away from the fact we lacked a striker to partner or compliment Doris. Remember the last game we played at Forfar I was shittting myself every time he had the ball, it's now up to DC to get that level of performance out of him most weeks. 

Cannot understand for the life of me why forfar have let him go to us.