The Arbroath Thread

What do we need to add for next season?
Another centre back. It was scary when TOB was injured. A left back so we can play 442 when we want to. Otherwise, assuming Doris is back as good as ever and McCord gets fit, I think we’re sorted.

What do we need to add for next season?
Another centre back. It was scary when TOB was injured. A left back so we can play 442 when we want to. Otherwise, assuming Doris is back as good as ever and McCord gets fit, I think we’re sorted.

Certainly a bit more defensive cover

Cammy Ballantyne right back will probably get released by United. Callum Crane has been released from Hibs, been great for Alloa this year. Latter will probably find a Championship team though.

Replacing Scott Martin will be very difficult.

I know ToB played central midfield quite a bit with Forfar maybe a shout pushing him on with Hammy and Little behind him.

From what i have witnessed tob must stay as cb, a class act

Aye not disagreeing there, just a thought

Also think we need another keeper, wouldn’t mind keeping Hutton as back up he’s had a few howlers but been ok over course of season, good shot stopper but just don’t feel like he commands his box enough

Said it in match thread but although today was disappointing still been a very enjoyable season, kind of level I think the club should be looking to be at every season, no complaints

Well it looks like Wallace is the new scapegoat for some which i find absolutely ridiculous, watched him put a shift in today and everything good we did from an attacking sense came from him. I actually really like him and whilst he’s not quite found the goals he’s scored elsewhere I’m looking forward to seeing him next season. 

As always people are entitled to their opinions.

Just now, Smokerson said:

Well it looks like Wallace is the new scapegoat for some which i find absolutely ridiculous, watched him put a shift in today and everything good we did from an attacking sense came from him. I actually really like him and whilst he’s not quite found the goals he’s scored elsewhere I’m looking forward to seeing him next season. 

Wallace needs to stick what he is good at and play more in around the 18 yard box and not drop to deep, he is clearly a good finisher,  In his defence I don’t no what he is expected to do with high balls when he is giving away about a foot in height, would also liked him to be taken off set pieces today, he wasted to many today.

Id love us to go to a back 4 next season but I fully expect us to start with the 3 centre backs,  I’m sure Dick will have a few signings in mind, A fully fit Doris would be immense.

Would expect a few boys to leave, Kader and Skelly, Really unsure about Denholm, he has really struggled last few months, Also heard a few whispers that McCord will be away and also even though Hester has signed he will be gone too

Cammy Ballantyne right back will probably get released by United. Callum Crane has been released from Hibs, been great for Alloa this year. Latter will probably find a Championship team though.

Replacing Scott Martin will be very difficult.

I know ToB played central midfield quite a bit with Forfar maybe a shout pushing him on with Hammy and Little behind him.

Cammy loves the Mo no way he would join the smokies.Did hear Queen of the South were interested in him just have to wait and see.

I thought he was pretty poor today, had some really shitey moments but so did others. Would’ve had him off before McKenna.

One very bad overhit cross/ball when we were on the break, a few shitey corners and gave the ball away very poorly a few times, but Linn did the former and Swanks did the latter in that game too.

Despite that he still put in a lot of decent balls and looked like our biggest goal threat, 2 really good efforts and 1 decent effort.

If the long range one came off it would’ve been a screamer. Tough game for him and Swankie today, a lot of long balls against a team that was sitting in. Kept plugging away and never afraid to show for it.

Everyone sees it differently and I think when fans have an opinion of a guy it’s hard to change that, he got 17 league goals this season I think. That’s really good, see what like after a good pre season, hopefully wins everyone over.

Wallace needs to stick what he is good at and play more in around the 18 yard box and not drop to deep, he is clearly a good finisher,  In his defence I don’t no what he is expected to do with high balls when he is giving away about a foot in height, would also liked him to be taken off set pieces today, he wasted to many today.
Id love us to go to a back 4 next season but I fully expect us to start with the 3 centre backs,  I’m sure Dick will have a few signings in mind, A fully fit Doris would be immense.
Would expect a few boys to leave, Kader and Skelly, Really unsure about Denholm, he has really struggled last few months, Also heard a few whispers that McCord will be away and also even though Hester has signed he will be gone too

Skelly getting offered a new deal I think. Kader has done a job for us but I would let him go. Denholm IMO one of our best players when fully fit. Could see McCord and Hester maybe going to Montrose or another Angus club.

Anyway, replied just to say that I cannot wait to see Stevie D back on the park, feels like forever ago since he was playing