The Arbroath Thread

Or, DC picks up the phone to one of his business mates and gets it paypalled through. [emoji1]

Not a clue if there’s anything in it but it’s always good to have a wee bit of speculation to hold on to at this time of the season.
With all the derbies we should be expecting an increase gate at home. You always pray for the Old Firm in the cup too. We have just missed Rangers twice in recent years. £80k games those.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

A player we offered a contract too, for 2 years despite no guarantees he would play again, wages payed for, in that time, part by supporter donations, found a job by the club, in which he lasted less than a day! and by what I’ve heard is constantly a destabilising influence off the field and I could go on! Having said that could be the difference between what play offs we are in.

Sounds like a d*ck. Not sure we’d want him.

Sounds like a d*ck. Not sure we’d want him.

2 sides to every story.

Not sure why Elgin didn’t think he’d play again, don’t believe that for a second, the knee cruciate ligament injury is very common and I’m sure that’s what Doris had.

Guessing the new contract was signed under the previous management too and you would expect the club to pay for his operation and wages whilst he was out injured if he got the injury whilst playing for you.

When he made a return at the end of last season he scored 5 goals in 9 games, the dressing room stuff is all hearsay.

I’m guessing he’s not keen on the new manager or recruits and wants to play elsewhere now.

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I’m guessing he’s not keen on the new manager or recruits and wants to play elsewhere now.

This all started after his request for a pay rise was rejected, which suggests his motivation for a move is far from issues on the pitch/in the changing room

This all started after his request for a pay rise was rejected, which suggests his motivation for a move is far from issues on the pitch/in the changing room

Well he’s your most important player isn’t he? Should be paid accordingly. Don’t know the details but footballers have short careers, will all want to play at the best level they can getting the best money they can while they’re able to.

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Well he’s your most important player isn’t he? Should be paid accordingly. Don’t know the details but footballers have short careers, will all want to play at the best level they can getting the best money they can while they’re able to.

He is paid accordingly, he signed the 2 year contract offered last season, no one forced him, if he wasn't happy with the terms, he shouldn't have agreed to sign for 2 years. Yes he scored a few goals once he came back from injury, but there's no way he done enough to suggest he was anywhere back to his best, so I fully support the club's decision not to accept his request of a pay rise. No player should be bigger than the club or its wage structure, even Shane Sutherland

Edited by MorayCup

I suppose it really depends WHEN he’s asked for a pay rise. If Peterhead have had an offer turned down, and if he knows he would have been on a better contract there, I think he’s entitled to have a conversation with Elgin management.

At this level if there’s potential for a lad to earn a bit more, or further his career, it’s perfectly reasonable for him to state his case

3 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I can see McCord back for pre season.

Perhaps if he was to shed a tyre or two, with maybe a good pre season with us, Dick might consider his services.

Can only imagine it's his weight issues that must be holding teams back as everyone knows how technically gifted he is with the ball at his feet.

Perhaps if he was to shed a tyre or two, with maybe a good pre season with us, Dick might consider his services.
Can only imagine it's his weight issues that must be holding teams back as everyone knows how technically gifted he is with the ball at his feet.

Watching him warm up with the subs away to East Fife his shooting, passing and keepy uppy was different class to anyone else there. He does have Premier League talent - and a pub team physique.

I don’t even think he’s really needing to lose much weight. He won’t be heavy, he’s just not fit enough for a footballer at the level he’s at, players in the lower leagues are extremely fit.

Will be very hard to get to that level of fitness when you’re PT and McCord looks like the type of guy that maybe needs to do that bit extra anyway. I hope he gets something sorted because he’s a great player, if he had the fitness of someone like Whatley he could’ve easily had a full time gig his whole career.

5 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Iv heard he chucked the toys out the pram towards the end of the season

He stormed out of the Dumbarton home playoff when he got told Hester was on the bench and he wasn’t apparently 

He stormed out of the Dumbarton home playoff when he got told Hester was on the bench and he wasn’t apparently 

I stand opposite the main stand, I thought I seen him sitting about 6 rows back behind the dugout, unless that's where he stormed off too

You can tell there is no football and the sun has been out as some people are clearly feeling the effects of sunstroke! 

He sat next to Steven Doris and Martin 'Jimmy' Scott who was up supporting the Lichties.

11 hours ago, Mexico said: