The Arbroath Thread

So Hamilton didn't take out Boyle?
Nope. Basic case of both in close proximity to the ball. Boyle hooks a leg up and gets the ball and his forward momentum takes him into Hammy and vice versa.

Just a simple coming together.

If Hammy had put a leg out a wiped him out then fair enough but it was a fairly innocuous clash of bodies. Boyle just made a meal out of it.

3 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Nope. Basic case of both in close proximity to the ball. Boyle hooks a leg up and gets the ball and his forward momentum takes him into Hammy and vice versa.

If Hammy had put a leg out a wiped him out then fair enough but it was a fairly innocuous clash of bodies. Boyle just made a meal out of it.

Exactly my thoughts never a penalty in a million years, The fact none of the Hibs players and even Boyle himself didn’t put there hands up is the biggest telling thing. Madden is and will always be a shite Referee at least we can all agree on that, The standard in Scotland is so poor but he is another level. Honking like 

Hammy put his right leg out to try and get it and didn't get it, his leg was actually pretty high, Boyle did get it, Hamilton got Boyles leg and at a fair speed too [emoji23] was more of a challenge than a coming together

Momentum or coming together matters not a f**k anyway, loads of penalties are awarded because a defenders momentum has taken them into an attacker who has already got the ball away. It really was just a mistimed tackle

Dunno if it's a dislike of Madden or Maroon tinted specs but it should've been a penalty and was a penalty

After asking for a few neutral opinions in the work most seem to think it was a penalty but soft, however a good few do just seem to think it was a coming together too, so maybe it's not as obvious as it seems to be in my opinion... [emoji102]

Anyway happy Friday lads x

That was ok had chances and could've gone either way

Big difference was they had pace going forward and cut us open for clear chances

Now Wallace is away Bobby is our only real bit of creativity (and pace) in the team going forward and I find that really worrying. If something happens to Bobby we'd be fucked

We looked well beaten in the end. Midfield was dominated most of the game. That’s a foretaste of what we will be up against this season. McKenna made a difference when he came on.

Gold and Gav didn’t work at all. Need Murphy in the middle of the park

Now Wallace is away Bobby is our only real bit of creativity (and pace) in the team going forward and I find that really worrying. If something happens to Bobby we'd be fucked

Mckenna is fast but not sure how far forward he will play this season

Mckenna is fast but not sure how far forward he will play this season

Like last season I think he needs to play every minute this year. His energy and workrate pushes the whole team on I feel. Great battler too. Off of what we have got and what I've seen so far I think

Jamieson

Thomson
Little
ToB
Hamilton

Linn
Gold
Murphy
McKenna
Stewart

Doris

Would be our best side. Whatley and Swankie coming in and out of the team

Like has been said praying for 2 good loans. Pacey creative types. Surely options there with Prem teams wanting their best youngsters getting game time in this division

Well then here I go midfield we’re non existent spence never touched the ball in the first 15 mins.bobby at fault for defo 1 goal not chasing back when he lost it.d Doris ploughing a lone furrow again. Why did Murphy not start swanlike and gold won nothing .defence at time down the left side shocking. And our managentes answer is as usual let’s take the strikers of and replace them with makenna who isn’t a striker and Donnelly . Alloa outplayed us out thought us this will be a long season doesn’t what loans we get in can’t play the system that we are