The Arbroath Thread

4 hours ago, lichtiekev said:

Surprised ourselves or no other other championship team went for Gardyne, perhaps an agreement he couldn't sign for another championship team?

Or perhaps he's a dirty lowlife scumbag that could only find one unprincipled, tawdry club with zero morals that would have him......dunno just putting it out there !

17 hours ago, clashcityrocker said:

I think the door is still wide open for Dowds to return - his loan period was up, but that won't mean the talks have finished.

Arbroath will be in talks with Falkirk to sort out a deal and hopefully this will resolve itself soon - unsure if this will get sorted before the weekend, but I suspect Arbroath are working trying to sort out an agreement.

Time will tell.

What's the situation with Dowds that he found himself being put out on loan in the first place especially at a higher level? I don't know how rare it is for a player to go out on loan to a team in a better league but he's shown he's obviously a capable player. You'd have to imagine with him being contracted at Falkirk, who are not exactly running rampant in league 1, would want to keep hold of him to improve their team first and foremost.

50 minutes ago, Raithie said:

What's the situation with Dowds that he found himself being put out on loan in the first place especially at a higher level? I don't know how rare it is for a player to go out on loan to a team in a better league but he's shown he's obviously a capable player. You'd have to imagine with him being contracted at Falkirk, who are not exactly running rampant in league 1, would want to keep hold of him to improve their team first and foremost.

Yeah it’s a weird one. But the answer you’re looking for is basically just 3 words

Falkirk Football Club

13 hours ago, m4d said:

I remember the crazy days of Joe Carson playing up front, and Billy Wells. (Both were centre half’s for the younger fans)

Big Joe Carson, there's a blast from the past. He was punted up front on occasion for the Jags and he was pretty effective. Scored a late equaliser at Brechin if i remember correctly.

17 hours ago, m4d said:

I remember the crazy days of Joe Carson playing up front, and Billy Wells. (Both were centre half’s for the younger fans)

Two, good players

7 hours ago, DUAFC said:

Or perhaps he's a dirty lowlife scumbag that could only find one unprincipled, tawdry club with zero morals that would have him......dunno just putting it out there !

Still fizzing he pumped your missus I see.

On 06/01/2022 at 15:44, 1320Lichtie said:

W

I think LD is a very good player and he’s been playing well and offers the team something 

You cannot be serious.

Nouble and Dowds didn't look that good in their first couple of games but went on prove their worth in the team. LD had is chance to establish himself  when he had run in the team but contributed very little.

You cannot be serious.
Nouble and Dowds didn't look that good in their first couple of games but went on prove their worth in the team. LD had is chance to establish himself  when he had run in the team but contributed very little.
Im not his biggest fan. But he has played ok this season when out wide.

But as a striker trying to lead the line he is gash at this level.

27 minutes ago, SotesBornalichtie said:

You cannot be serious.

100 percent am. I really like him. Surely DC of a similar opinion he’s just gave him a new contract. I think he suffers from the thing where he has that casual laboured looking style but he’s a clever football player. 

A contact extension for Gav until the summer. He’s hardly figured this season. Is Dick struggling to bring in new players?
You need players in the squad that are happy to sit on the bench. I don't know if Swankie is helping with coaching etc but no issue with keeping him for another 4 months.

You need players in the squad that are happy to sit on the bench. I don't know if Swankie is helping with coaching etc but no issue with keeping him for another 4 months.

Yeah part of a great squad in a season we could create history and probably the last local lad for a very long time so it seems fair enough.