All things Dundee FC

Scott Allan is a smashing signing. Good move by McCann. I'd be surprised if Meekings signed for you lads mainly because I expect him to go back down South or make the well worn pilgrimage along the A96. If you did get him, again, it would be a great pick up.

These are 2 very exciting signings. Fûck me, in terms of potential and putting bums on seats McCann has superseded Hartley already. Of course time will tell but these signings are enough to drag me back to Brechin for our annual Pre season cuñting/reality check.

2 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Scott allan good going forward plus can see a pass needs to work harder without the ball sometimes a passenger.

How would you know? You support Celtic.

They sound like a couple of intruiging, out-of-nowhere kind of signings that bode well for the coming season. It'll be interesting to see who else is added and, almost as importantly, who is let go from our out-of-contract players.

Interesting times...

Admittedly it's The Sun but here's an article about Deacon that suggested a host of English Championship sides wanted him: Link.

Makes you wonder why none of them made a move for him? Assume they'd be outspending Dundee.

Makes you wonder why none of them made a move for him? Assume they'd be outspending Dundee.

A massive jump for a 25 year old from Conference to English Championship so I imagine they decide against a lot of these guys after initial interest. You can find articles for Aidan Connolly about Championship sides watching him this season and he'll most likely end up in the second tier here.

I imagine in immediate offers, his options were realistically probably between League Two (maybe League One) and taking a chance in another country.

It's a very Inverness signing so hopefully, the guy has his head switched on isn't a total shitebag. At worst, we've got a pacey wide option to use who is woefully inconsistent and even that's an asset considering the very few wingers we've had over the past few seasons.

13 minutes ago, harry94 said:

A massive jump for a 25 year old from Conference to English Championship so I imagine they decide against a lot of these guys after initial interest. You can find articles for Aidan Connolly about Championship sides watching him this season and he'll most likely end up in the second tier here.

I imagine in immediate offers, his options were realistically probably between League Two (maybe League One) and taking a chance in another country.

It's a very Inverness signing so hopefully, the guy has his head switched on isn't a total shitebag. At worst, we've got a pacey wide option to use who is woefully inconsistent and even that's an asset considering the very few wingers we've had over the past few seasons.

Same with Marvin Johnson tbh. If you dig about you'll find find articles linking him with Championship sides when he was at Kidderminster. Ben Heneghan's another one. When he was at Chester there are articles about him being a "target" for Brighton, Blackburn, Burnley and Hull.

Players and their agents seem to be getting more switched on to the idea that moving up to Scotland and playing (well) in the Premiership for a season or two is going to get them far more exposure than grinding their way through the dross of the National League or League 2. The issue for clubs up here is actually identifying the players with potential as it's a huge leap from the Vanarama league to Premiership.

In fairness Dundee seem to have made a decent signing with Deacon, the games against Arsenal should help with the narrative when trying to sell him on in a year's time.