All things Dundee FC

Just now, JP THE DEE said:

GSM has a girlfriend doesne seem the type.

He once walked past me in the Botanics in Glasgow with his girlfriend. First thought was "what ever attracted you to professional footballer Gary Mackay-Steven then?". Punching does not do it justice. True story.

48 minutes ago, Netan Sansara said:

No idea, this seems to be the tweet that started it all.

https://twitter.com/Angry_Arab83/status/902422569432776704

ETA: how do you embed tweets, feel like a dafty here.

Tap wee down arrow in top right of Tweet. Choose to option 'share Tweet as'

Choose copy link option, paste into thread. Thank you.

Bain has a girlfriend that's a keeper, does he not? She allowed him to cancel their holiday together at the last minute for him to join up with the Scotland squad, only for him to get injured and pull out. Nae holiday. Nae Scotland squad.

Bain has a girlfriend that's a keeper, does he not? She allowed him to cancel their holiday together at the last minute for him to join up with the Scotland squad, only for him to get injured and pull out. Nae holiday. Nae Scotland squad.

Spend a week training with Gordon Strachan and Leigh Griffiths, or spend a week pumping your bird.

I'm surprised more players don't pull out of squads.

So it looks like that Spanish left back is signing tomorrow - I'd like to think Holt will be moved forward into the left of midfield, think he could do a really good job there and would obviously be much better defensively than what we've had in the past.

Twitter saying we have signed that Spanish Lb.

I'm all for adding quality when you can (if he is quality) but fucksake the squad is getting very, very unbalanced.

Out of the current squad I'd defo keep Kerr, Waddell, Hendry, Holt, Bain, Kamara, Meekings, Deacon. Then there's Allan, Moussa, McGowan and Haber (can't believe I'm saying that) that I wouldn't actively try to shift. As for the rest - couldn't really give a f**k.

1 hour ago, RossDee01 said:

So it looks like that Spanish left back is signing tomorrow - I'd like to think Holt will be moved forward into the left of midfield, think he could do a really good job there and would obviously be much better defensively than what we've had in the past.

amorebieta are saying he's signed anyway but I think you could be on to a decent shout since holts prob better going forwards anyway but can obvs give decent cover as he knows the position...

Feck knows tho, but like Spud says we are getting a bit ott on defenders (are defenders McCanns totsy midfielders?)

17 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I'm all for adding quality when you can (if he is quality) but fucksake the squad is getting very, very unbalanced.

Out of the current squad I'd defo keep Kerr, Waddell, Hendry, Holt, Bain, Kamara, Meekings, Deacon. Then there's Allan, Moussa, McGowan and Haber (can't believe I'm saying that) that I wouldn't actively try to shift. As for the rest - couldn't really give a f**k.

Bit harsh on your wouldn't actively move on list for me, Gowser gets to stay just for his energy and passion, Allan has a wand of a foot and I think will be our Harkins this season + Moussa didn't really get a chance to do much yet so I'd give him another go once he's fit. I'd add El Bak, Gadz, Wighton (I know but he is the dab slayer) and O'Dea to Haber in my version of the wouldn't actively punt category.

I also think Randy will come good if he gets some game time, he looked a lot better when he came in than he has the last few substitute appearances

Edited by locheedee

I know a few Dee's are dead against it after last seasons attempts, but I reckon we'd be strongest with 3 at the back. 3 of Meekings/Hendry/O'Dea/Waddell/Gadz would be excellent at the back. Great mix of experience and youthfulness. Each CH a completely different type from the other so a good blend too. Holt and Kerr are better at attacking than they are defending. If Cammy could get a little bit better at crossing I'm sure he'd chip in with a few assists. Kamara will provide the back line good protection and again it just comes down to us bringing in a cracking striker. Easier said than done.

Don't expect us to go 3 at the back - but we've got an abundance of talent at CH. Changed days from last season.

I know a few Dee's are dead against it after last seasons attempts, but I reckon we'd be strongest with 3 at the back. 3 of Meekings/Hendry/O'Dea/Waddell/Gadz would be excellent at the back. Great mix of experience and youthfulness. Each CH a completely different type from the other so a good blend too. Holt and Kerr are better at attacking than they are defending. If Cammy could get a little bit better at crossing I'm sure he'd chip in with a few assists. Kamara will provide the back line good protection and again it just comes down to us bringing in a cracking striker. Easier said than done.

Don't expect us to go 3 at the back - but we've got an abundance of talent at CH. Changed days from last season.

I actually thinking about that this afternoon. So many quality centre backs, good attacking full backs and a very good defensive midfielder. It's almost set up perfectly and is becoming the formation of choice down south.

Something like this could potentially work:23770019d05c38e4e52356320e1b75d7.jpg