All things Dundee FC

We need replacements for every single position,  maybe being harsh but I'm struggling to see any of them are actually good enough for this league.  Knew early doors we were fucked this season but gave McCann the chance to prove me wrong and you just get slagged off for being a doom and gloom merchant on here unless you get over excited about some unheard of from the conference  but we're run by amateurs, businessmen maybe but knowledgeable on Scottish football, no chance!

Nelms and McCann have made an almighty f**k up of an opportunity to stabilise the club and strengthen. The recruitment from Nelms firstly and McCann, which is predictable with hindsight, has been woeful. Without a major overhaul we'll go down with a whimper

58 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Alex Shalke?

Now that could happen. I believe he isn't excited about the prospect of winning the championship in Switzerland and is fed up living in Geneva, so a move to Dundee would be attractive to him.

4 hours ago, Hendo said:

Now that could happen. I believe he isn't excited about the prospect of winning the championship in Switzerland and is fed up living in Geneva, so a move to Dundee would be attractive to him.

I think this is sarcasm.

To be fair the challenge league in Switzerland is below the level that even the Arabs have sunk to and Geneva doesn’t have the V and A. Plus a Big Mac in Geneva is about fifteen quid.

He played central midfield for them under McIntyre I think?
[mention=215]Savage Henry[/mention]

Yup, he was signed as a winger, but was quickly moved into central midfield. He had a good impact when he first signed, but offered nothing when he made the move permanent. There was also an an alleged off the field incident which saw him become a bit part player towards the end.

I guess beggars can’t be choosers, but I’d be surprised if Dundee can’t do better than Jim Bob O’Brien.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You think playing for Warnock would be a good thing?

Warnock is meant to be a brilliant guy to work for despite public perception. A lot of his former players love the man.

20 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

Just me that think Calvin going back to Celtic and Boyle not extending means Hendry is coming back? I know he’s been shite for Celtic but I would fucking love that. We’ll have him back to his best in no time.

I would like to see Hendry get some much needed game time but given that our first choice centre backs (Boyata and Benkovic) could leave at any point in the transfer window I can only see Hendry leaving at the last moment and we have cover signed.

17 hours ago, Girth said:

As usual, Celtic ruining previously decent players.

This claim doesnt really stand up given our record of developing many players and selling on of late for huge money.

I said I didn't think Hendry was that good when he signed him as other than a good 6 months at Dundee his careers been rather underwhelming with little game time considering the levels he was playing at down south. What might have him make it at Celtic yet though is his attitude rather than his ability.

Some don't make it because they arent good enough but alot of it is down to attitude where the likes of Allan/Ciftci etc are/were happy to just hang about the reserves and not keeping up their fitness levels let alone try and develop. Christie you could argue isn't technically as good as Allan but he has piled on a stone in muscle to try and get in to the team.

Edited by gannonball